Dont buy a Mad Catz RAT 3

ion529

This thing looks sexy, feels sexy....

.......But it has a rubbish sensor..... dont noboby buy it.

Current Build: CPU - AMD 5800K 4.2GHz w/ Stock Cooler :( | Motherboard - ASRock FM82A88 Extreme 4 Plus | Memory - Crucial 8GB Single Stick 1600MHz | GPU - AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB | Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Project: Just let me play Black Ops... PLEASE!!! - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ion529/saved/#view=VKm9TW

and it falls apart after half a year of use

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Doesn't feel that sexy imo but to each their own.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

best review ever 11/10.

i'd honestly appreciate it if you were to trash talk a product (any product for that matter) you give some more detailed info than that, because for all we can make from this post it just doesnt like your desk.

you have the product, at least do some testing on it...

best review ever 11/10.

i'd honestly appreciate it if you were to trash talk a product (any product for that matter) you give some more detailed info than that, because for all we can make from this post it just doesnt like your desk.

You're right.

Premise and conclusion are missing in his argumentation.

It's simply crap and leads to more fanboys and haters.

I dont even like the feel of MadCatz mice :S or the look

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

best review ever 11/10.

I should probably listen to this guy....

Buttons are well positioned, the back and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse feel like they came of one of those toys you win at fairs, the buttons make a satisfying clicky sound. Where the left side buttons are mounted feels like my butt-cheek (which is bad, I don't want a mouse that squishes every time I use it)

Current Build: CPU - AMD 5800K 4.2GHz w/ Stock Cooler :( | Motherboard - ASRock FM82A88 Extreme 4 Plus | Memory - Crucial 8GB Single Stick 1600MHz | GPU - AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB | Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Project: Just let me play Black Ops... PLEASE!!! - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ion529/saved/#view=VKm9TW

I really liked mine and it worked great for 3 years of heavy use and is still working well for my gf. Its no G502 tho.

You're right.

Premise and conclusion are missing in his argumentation.

It's simply crap and leads to more fanboys and haters.

i'm totally not working on a super salty review of a €600 office chair that'll contain actual salt... (the thing leaks oil like crazy)

I've bought this many many years ago and I still have it to this day...I'm not using it but it's been good to me for the while that I was using it.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

i'm totally not working on a super salty review of a €600 office chair that'll contain actual salt... (the thing leaks oil like crazy)

You make me interested in your oily review about your 600€ office salt that leaks chairs.

Which office chair are you talking about? :3

You make me interested in your oily review about your 600€ office salt that leaks chairs.

Which office chair are you talking about? :3

spinalis. they didnt weld the coil correctly so it started wearing out resulting in an ungodly squeak and the need for a fountain of oil to fix it...

thats €600 worth of chair as well, since the seat was wearing out i got a €200 replacement (no shitn €200 for a piece of wood with fake leather) and realised they made it worse quality than the original, resulting in a very unsatisfying seat on what is supposed to be ergonomic...

spinalis. they didnt weld the coil correctly so it started wearing out resulting in an ungodly squeak and the need for a fountain of oil to fix it...

thats €600 worth of chair as well, since the seat was wearing out i got a €200 replacement (no shitn €200 for a piece of wood with fake leather) and realised they made it worse quality than the original, resulting in a very unsatisfying seat on what is supposed to be ergonomic...

And then people say that racing chairs are crap. 

I'm very happy with my Maxnomic so far.

How long did it take until the coil started to wear out?

And then people say that racing chairs are crap. 

I'm very happy with my Maxnomic so far.

How long did it take until the coil started to wear out?

not sure, i had it for quite a while, but when i replaced the seat i didnt only find rust, i found that the coil wore itself out almost a milimeter...

the two pieces that were grinding together were pressed together with that much force no matter what i put between it'd just squeeze trough.

and dont worry, i'll add the building of my akracing to the end of it, that was quite the story as well

You might of got the old one the new one has a optical sensor

I mentioned it in another thread, this is exactly the problem, there is more to it than just soldering some ic in, the FW of the 3090 RAT3 isnt good and neither was the LED choice, not to mention that the assembly is kind of off as well so the light is rather unfocused in comparison.

Have had my RAT 5 for yearss now. Best mouse I have ever used, I hope they don't stop making them because using anything else is torture now. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I mentioned it in another thread, this is exactly the problem, there is more to it than just soldering some ic in, the FW of the 3090 RAT3 isnt good and neither was the LED choice, not to mention that the assembly is kind of off as well so the light is rather unfocused in comparison.

FW?

Firmware

I've got the rat 3 with the 3090 but I haven't looked into anything like that.

not sure, i had it for quite a while, but when i replaced the seat i didnt only find rust, i found that the coil wore itself out almost a milimeter...

the two pieces that were grinding together were pressed together with that much force no matter what i put between it'd just squeeze trough.

and dont worry, i'll add the building of my akracing to the end of it, that was quite the story as well

Tag me when you upload the review.

I kinda want to read that :)