Backup Software

CSX-2

Hi,
 So I have my new PC built, and I'd like to recycle my old one into a backup PC that will sync data over the network.

I was using Microsoft Sync Toy for local backups, but notice it doesn't perform well over the network.

I don't mind spending money on a good software ($50-80), can you guys recommend some good ones? I'm looking for very friendly and easy to use interface, that can create jobs between drives, example: C to X, and D to Y (X & Y being a mapped network drives). Automated jobs are not necessary, I'd like to manually run them once or twice a month.

Thank you.

Hi,

So I have my new PC built, and I'd like to recycle my old one into a backup PC that will sync data over the network.

I was using Microsoft Sync Toy for local backups, but notice it doesn't perform well over the network.

I don't mind spending money on a good software ($50-80), can you guys recommend some good ones? I'm looking for very friendly and easy to use interface, that can create jobs between drives, example: C to X, and D to Y (X & Y being a mapped network drives). Automated jobs are not necessary, I'd like to manually run them once or twice a month.

Thank you.

robocopy. schedule it to run every hour or so, and make it transfer the changed files only.

Hi,

Thank you.

You could use the Windows feature 'Backup and Restore'. Will do everything you want, suggest you use iSCSI on the backup server to the desktop so it looks like a physically connected disk. It does support network shares but when using that it cannot do multiple backup versions and other nice features, using iSCSI allows you to do this. It will also use significantly less space and a file copy or sync type backup, not that there is anything wrong with that type of method and will work perfectly fine too.

Also have a look at Veeam Endpoint Backup which is free. Likely the most fully featured backup tool you'll find for what you want unless you pay significant amounts of money.