Techies that actually know how to multi-quote

Desktop Build
Spoiler
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz - 16GB
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 - 3GB, MSI GeForce GTX 780 - 3GB
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro - 128GB, Western Digital Blue - 1TB, Seagate Barracuda - 1TB, Seagate Barracuda - 3TB
PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W
Display(s): Dell Ultrasharp 27" (2560 x 1440)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014
Mouse: Logitech G502
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Laptop
Spoiler
Current
CPU: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB, Hitachi Travelstar 7K1000 - 1TB
Display(s): 15.6" IPS Display (1920 x 1080)
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Old - Given away
CPU: Intel Core i7 2630QM
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Nvidia GT 540M
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro - 128GB, Toshiba - 750GB
Display(s): 15.6" Display (1366 x 768)
Operating System: Windows 7

Other (Audio & Devices)
Spoiler
Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II
Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum - Over-Ear
Bluetooth Speaker: Logitech UE Boom, Logitech UE Boom 2
Tablet: iPad 4th Gen
Phone: LG G4

Phone Accessories:
3 Spare Batteries
1 Battery Pack (10000 mAh)
IEMs: Can't Remember....

Retired Devices:
Samsung S4 (Broke... Half Fixed, Given away)
NDS (Traded in)
iPod Touch 2nd Gen (Traded in)
iPod Touch 4th Gen (Damaged Power Connector)

People get mighty sensitive about facebook.

I personally think social media is a problem with society, like watching too much television.  What if there was no TV, no facebook, what would you do after work? On the weekends? A lot more.

Turn off the TV, put your phone down, and sit alone with your mind. Find yourself.  Or don't : )

People get mighty sensitive about facebook.

I personally think social media is a problem with society, like watching too much television. What if there was no TV, no facebook, what would you do after work? On the weekends? A lot more.

Turn off the TV, put your phone down, and sit alone with your mind. Find yourself. Or don't : )

Sounds like some seudo science BS to me. But more power to you if you actually do it, because I live with someone who wishes we didn't have smartphones but owns an iPhone 6 and likes to preach to me about my tech habits.

I've never installed the FB app on my current phone... and I got it in spring 2014. Always used chrome, even before notifications. FB app asks too many permissions imho

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Sounds like some seudo science BS to me. But more power to you if you actually do it, because I live with someone who wishes we didn't have smartphones but owns an iPhone 6 and likes to preach to me about my tech habits.

Do you know what pseudo science is? Carl Sagan wrote a good book about it but I don't think it has anything to do with my lowly opinions : p  

I really don't watch cable TV and I'm honest to goodness not on facebook.  I was just offering a perspective is all.  BTW, I'm definitely mad tech savvy too so don't get the wrong idea.

Do you know what pseudo science is? Carl Sagan wrote a good book about it but I don't think it has anything to do with my lowly opinions : p  

I really don't watch cable TV and I'm honest to goodness not on facebook.  I was just offering a perspective is all.  BTW, I'm definitely mad tech savvy too so don't get the wrong idea.

The "sit alone with your mind" bit is what gave me that vibe :P

Don't forget Facebook app lowers battery life, wake locks for days.

You forgot to add you own take on this subject, you may want to fix it before mods lock your post.

OT: Facebook needs to die. A horrible, horrible death.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The "sit alone with your mind" bit is what gave me that vibe :P

Try being in a power outage without your phone.

Some will literally break down in less than 45 minutes. Thumb-sucking style.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

what kinda self respecting techy even uses facebook or cares about it

Facebook is useful for keeping up with science or tech based pages. It consolidates everything into a nice feed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sad that it came preloaded on my Note 5 and i can't remove it, only disabling it.

But you need FB at my school since you need it for sign up for events or know what events are coming up.

Sometimes you don't always need FB but it's useful sometimes.

Try being in a power outage without your phone.

Some will literally break down in less than 45 minutes. Thumb-sucking style.

I remember a news report that said a lot of people called 911 whenever Facebook was down a couple years ago.

I remember a news report that said a lot of people called 911 whenever Facebook was down a couple years ago.

If that's true, it's very sad that people consider that to be an emergency. I mean come on.

Equivalent of YouTube going down. I mean yes it sucks, but it's not a legit emergency.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

what kinda self respecting techy even uses facebook or cares about it

Ones that have friends and family that use it?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

If that's true, it's very sad that people consider that to be an emergency. I mean come on.

Equivalent of YouTube going down. I mean yes it sucks, but it's not a legit emergency.

It was serious enough for the LA Police Department to post about it on their Twitter page, haha.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/04/news/companies/facebook-outage-911/

To all the people thinking that those who hate facebook are just weird: this is why.  I imagine it just filled with nothing but people like this and that only people like this would use it.  Is that an accurate pov?  Probably not, but there's your explanation

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

To all the people thinking that those who hate facebook are just weird: this is why.  I imagine it just filled with nothing but people like this and that only people like this would use it.  Is that an accurate pov?  Probably not, but there's your explanation

Well it was five people, according to the report. That's hardly a significant number, but it is a bit weird to think about.

Anyways though, social media isn't a breeding ground for stupid. Stupid was around long before.

Well it was five people, according to the report. That's hardly a significant number, but it is a bit weird to think about.

But it sure feels like the majority are like that.  Or at least almost that bad.

Anyways though, social media isn't a breeding ground for stupid. Stupid was around long before.

Yeah it just provided a "visibility multiplier" for it :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

But it sure feels like the majority are like that.  Or at least almost that bad.

Yeah probably, ha.

Your correct but my reasons are a bit different. I have a personal reason to hate on face book and it owner, separately. Just wanted to put that out there.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

humbug.....also..if you got kids...you probably aren't much of a techy anymore

Mate, I have to ask, how old are you? Techy is not something that you are or aren't because you have lot of free time and don't have a family. In your case Linus is not a techy then. Nor are many people that make techy stuff that you love so much. The term is used for people that love tech if you want and show affinity for it. 

Also I use fb, it's great for faculty if you have groups hundreds of people in them and for communicating with friends in foreign countries as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

someone would have to be a pretty big looser to really give a crap about facebook or twitter...

and don't mention linus...he has to use them for his business

Because I have overseas mates? 

and because I have extended family?

and because I have mates who are halfway across the fucking country?

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

One could say that you would have to be a pretty big loser to really give a crap what other people use online, social media wise...

I understand the whole "I hate Facebook" mentality. Everybody that doesn't use Facebook (for whatever reason) gets pestered with it all the time, it's proliferated into almost every aspect of the internet, there's a certain level of societal pressure to be part of it. In short, it's really hard to avoid, it takes actual effort.

Which is why people backlash against it in such a manner. I used to feel the need to express my distaste for it at every opportunity too. He'll learn overtime to just accept that it's popular, and to simply ignore it.

It is quite amusing though that every single thread mentioning Facebook will resort in a "FACEBOOK SUCKS" vs "WELL I FIND IT USEFUL SOMETIMES" debate.

Linus would disagree

As would Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Mark Zukerberg and plenty of other tech giants.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)