Does anyone know when the new sdd's are coming out

doeskydoes

Commercially available 13 tb SSD's were announced and I want one please tell me when they are coming out.

You will eventually die, accept it.

Commercially available 13 tb SSD's were announced and I want one please tell me when they are coming out

I just realized I spelled SSD wrong in the title :(

A. I don't think its a smart idea to dump such a large amount of money on a drive that much cost more than someone's entire system.

B. Wait a few years...commercial products takes awhile before it hits the consumer or prosumer's hands

C. I personally don't think using SSD as storage is a good idea. Its fine to keep your OS and Programs and a good amount of files on, but using it to archive files for long term storage isn't the smartest idea. If the SSD outright fails, you have no chance of recovery while an HDD, there might be a chance. 

wow i feel so enlighted by this news acticle!

Shit I put it in the wrong place again its early by me :(

So you have $19000 just lying around to spend on SSDs?

no but im saving in a computer fund so that might work

no but im saving in a computer fund so that might work

I would prioritise getting a good education, saving up an emergency fund, and getting your life on track/starting your life etc., rather than spending potentially tens of thousands of dollars on a single piece of hardware that you will never be able to fully utilise. 

These SSD's are targeted towards enterprise environments, where high capacity, high speed storage is needed for I/O intensive applications such as databases etc.

Even if you were to have the money to buy one of these, I doubt you would be able to get a hold of one, as these are probably sold in bulk or are only available to enterprise customers.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

~snip~

Hey there doeskydoes,

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such large SSDs in the near future. There are such capacities offered in the enterprise level, bt not hte consumer. It would be some time before such large capacities become available to consumers and even more time before the prices come down to reasonable values for you to consider one. 
What would you need such a large SSD for? 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/