LTT Forum App?

I think Tapatalk does all of that for you. I'm not sure, I haven't downloaded it but I've seen it pop up when I'm on forums on my phone.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Does anyone reckon we will ever get an LTT Forum App? That'd be so awesome, like push notifications to the device it is on...how hard would be to make something like this? I think it'd be really cool?

To be honest, it's probably too much effort. I know that the forum works with Tapatalk in some sense but I don't understand how to use Tapatalk.

If I'm using a device that doesn't have a physical keyboard I don't really care about posting on a forum too much anyways.

Sig under construction.

I'm with @Tedster I can't stand writing anything long at all without a keyboard, so all I type on my phone are tweets, texts and whatsapp messages, but even then if they're going to be long I'll often get my bluetooth keyboard to write them, so I wouldn't really use it at all.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Tapatalk is only thing that has integrated push-notifications. Next forum version will have immensely better mobile UI but still requires forum page to be open for notifications. Also I don't know if that kind of notifs even work while on mobile.

You could set forum to send you email when you get notifications and get them that way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Next forum version will have immensely better mobile UI but still requires forum page to be open for notifications. Also I don't know if that kind of notifs even work while on mobile.

when is that coming out? I heard it was suppose to come out like last week

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

when is that coming out? I heard it was suppose to come out like last week

Still no official date. You can test it at https://beta.linustechtips.com/ips/ Note that its completely separate site from this one and only for testing purposes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 4 years later...
On 1/20/2016 at 4:43 AM, Caine Knights said:

Does anyone reckon we will ever get an LTT Forum App? That'd be so awesome, like push notifications to the device it is on...how hard would be to make something like this? I think it'd be really cool?

I can make an app using a web url but no notifications

1 hour ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

I can make an app using a web url but no notifications

Please don't revive dead threads. This one is 4 years old. Latest news is that we might enable IPS app when it launches in future.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv