Thermaltake..what's your opinion?

LNW

I have some of their fans with the allegedly stolen design(which is pure BS) and I can safely say they are better than the Corsair ones they were accused of being a ripoff of. Bottom line is thermaltake make decent products for the price.

That design was patented. Both  Corsair and Tt used the same OEM but yet Tt gets accused of copying, that's how stupid some people can get. 

These two fans are very different, and in performance as well. 

Spoiler

4zSy1p7.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I use a case of their's the core V21 , it's a good case for what I wanted which is airflow and a horizontal moba placement, not great for cable management but whatever it meets my needs and didn't cost over 50 bucks when I got it. I'm not really sure what they are good at though, I know for a fact PSU's are definitely not it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

@alpenwasser

Not news, you posted in the wrong section.

OT: Thermal take has a decent product line but as long they promise to play nice I am willing to purchase their products as long as it theirs and I can use it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I will not be buying any more of there products, they regularly have the wrong information advertised all over them, saying a fan is a 200mm when it is really a 170mm and that sort of thing.

Not to mention the only PSUs I have ever had die on me have been Thermaltakes.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

I have no desire to buy from them. Never have or never had an experience with them so I just do not 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Some interesting stuff - their H21 is great for system builders: quick and easy to build in and well priced given that it includes a 500w PSU. Some of their other cases are really poorly designed - normally their budget stuff, while other cases are blatant rip offs of compeditors.

Their power supplies are nothing to write home about to be honest - stupid features (really, cloud control?).

Fans though are quite good.

Some interesting stuff - their H21 is great for system builders: quick and easy to build in and well priced given that it includes a 500w PSU. Some of their other cases are really poorly designed - normally their budget stuff, while other cases are blatant rip offs of compeditors.

Their power supplies are nothing to write home about to be honest - stupid features (really, cloud control?).

Fans though are quite good.

And the TR2 is a ticking time bomb

I dont mind their cases they are cheap alternatives a very you get what you pay for stock fans are next to useless

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Some of their higher-end cases are quite good. I own a Thermaltake Core X9 and it's a watercoolers dream come true.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Had a V9 black edition, hated it. The fans shattered and fell apart. Haven't trusted since.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Im using thermaltake core v51 Case. I love it. This is a full steel / acrylic case. The quality is really good, nothing bends easily.

When mounting the pump i seriously broke a drill bits the quality is that good. Im using 3 hdds of the rack aswell as a radiator infront if it not many cases allows that.

I have a Core X9 Snow Edition and I like it very much. A lot of room, feels fairly solid.

I could get onboard with boycotting the products that are blatant copies, but not the whole company.

Thermaltake Overseer RX-I. HAF Clone. I was so annoyed by it and their case fans with LEDs, furthermore with their CPU cooler Contac 39 with LED fans, that after 13 months after I built my first rig with those components, I took another 200 bucks to get good stuff.

Once I wanted to add an SSD an I cut my hand a little due to sharp edges in it. The case fans 2*200mm and one 120mm as well as the two 120mm fans on the CPU cooler started to make noises due cheap production. The front panel wiring was fragile as .... and the E-ATX case didnt even had dust filters on top or good mounting points for possible radiators(okay, point for Thermaltake, I did not get an AIO liquid cooler, air is enough for me, I saved some bucks)

Overall cheap build quality and not worth the money for dangerous metal edges and plastic.

Since today my rig is in a Degine R5 and the Contac 39 cooler was replaced by an Intel stock cooler until the new CPU cooler arrives. And whereas I paid 120 bucks back in 2014 on the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Snow Edition, the new case with nearly the same price is much better.

Though the CPU did a quite okay job but it looked cheap.

Now I don't have any LEDs, neither an side window and its fine.

Their documentation was more than once confusing as well.

All together I can take the case and the cooler by Thermaltake as a loss in account(120+45)=lesson learned, get better stuff

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

Some of their higher-end cases are quite good. I own a Thermaltake Core X9 and it's a watercoolers dream come true.

So do I Excellent for WC. I 3 480 rads in it!

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT

Have a Level 10 GT.

I use it as my workstation case because it is the only proper case that fits everything I need to (out of sight as well) and has external hot swappable bays - plus excellent front panel with eSATA included. Is probably the best investment I've made in my PC (which is saying something).

Also have their Extreme Black Edition Card Reader - which crams alot into a card reader, including a USB dedicated charging port,eSATA and two full USB 3 ports in addition to all of the memory card support you need.

The original PSU in my build was a Thermaltake something that was 300 watts.

It was decent, except it had this knocking noise.

It never died, but I needed more juice for my system.

However, their cases I think are obvious ripoffs of other companies. I haven't aimed towards Thermaltake ever, since some of their cases are too "gamery" looking for me, and judging by user reviews, they cheaped out in some areas.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;