Is the Logitech G27 still worth it?

With it's current price $350 on amazon is it still worth it? I found some on eBay for $300. Yet for some reason the price increased. Is it still worth it. A g920 and shifter is $400. I was thinking of getting a thrustmaster with a shifter.

Better than the new ones if you ask me

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

wow they are going for over 300 now?guess ill sell mine since i bought it for 230. no joke wtf are they going up in price for?

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

It is worth it, its still a very good wheel set. I also believe it works with PC and PS3/4. I see many people still using one, i know someone that still has one to this day. Just do some research before getting it. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

It is worth it, its still a very good wheel set. I also believe it works with PC and PS3/4. I see many people still using one, i know someone that still has one to this day. Just do some research before getting it. 

I own one and can confirm it works with ps3 and pc, not ps4

I love it though

I honestly believe that paying over 300 is a bit much since the origional price was like 200ish give or take so i guess demand is whats driving them up. imo its not worth it at 300 because they were produced to cost $200 not $300. if your gonna spend $300 then get a $300 wheel not a $200 that is inflated to $300

just my opinion

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I own one and can confirm it works with ps3 and pc, not ps4

I love it though

i was sure it works for the ps4, I know it works on my PS3, maybe a update will fix that one day.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

i was sure it works for the ps4, I know it works on my PS3, maybe a update will fix that one day.

the ps4 requires some sort of chip inside the controller for it to function and if it doesn't have it then the wheel shuts down. Sony can produce a patch to bypass it but who knows when that will come, if it ever does

actually they patched it back in NOV, so apearently it does work now... Sorry guess its time to play ps4 again

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-g25-g27-support-on-ps4-at-november.317589/

the ps4 requires some sort of chip inside the controller for it to function and if it doesn't have it then the wheel shuts down. Sony can produce a patch to bypass it but who knows when that will come, if it ever does

actually they patched it back in NOV, so apearently it does work now... Sorry guess its time to play ps4 again

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-g25-g27-support-on-ps4-at-november.317589/

Ah, i see...

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

With it's current price $350 on amazon is it still worth it? I found some on eBay for $300. Yet for some reason the price increased. Is it still worth it. A g920 and shifter is $400. I was thinking of getting a thrustmaster with a shifter.

G27 is essentially the staple.  Here is one on sale for 234$ USD!

http://www.duckdeals.com/logitech-g27-racing-wheel?language=en&currency=USD

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Ah, i see...

yea pretty bs of sony not to support peripherals because they want you to have to buy another expensive as hell item.. gg havent found anything thats official(patched) though so you will have to look at 3rd party devices.

imo still not worth it to spend $350 on a $200 wheel. buy a $400 wheel for $400 so you get the $400 quality not the 150 markup

If you're US based(for shipping reasons) I have one that's barely been used that I'll sell ya.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I would have a hard time paying that much for one.  I bought a GTrevolution racing sim off clist several years ago for dirt cheap.  It was setup with a g25.  About a year or so ago I found a new-in-box g27 on clist for $100..the guy had received it as a xmas gift and just didn't want it.  I offered him $60 and he took it.

Granted...it is really good.  I just wouldn't pay over $250 for one.

Shop around some more.

I was looking for a wheel a while back. Came across G27 and did a bit of digging. I have no idea how common this is for wheels nor how widespread this actually is in the G27 community, but there seems to be a known issue with it's encoder.

Google "G27 optical encoder" to look into it. If I remember correctly, Logitech skimped out on the encoder and they degrade quickly, causing the wheel to lose its center. The fix being opening up the entire G27 and replacing the encoder (some using brass encoders to ensure it'll never crack again).

Again, I have no idea how widespread this is, but it seems pretty well known across the G27 userbase. Perhaps it's well known because so many people uses the G27. Who knows. If someone knows, enlighten me  :D

I was looking for a wheel a while back. Came across G27 and did a bit of digging. I have no idea how common this is for wheels nor how widespread this actually is in the G27 community, but there seems to be a known issue with it's encoder.

Google "G27 optical encoder" to look into it. If I remember correctly, Logitech skimped out on the encoder and they degrade quickly, causing the wheel to lose its center. The fix being opening up the entire G27 and replacing the encoder (some using brass encoders to ensure it'll never crack again).

Again, I have no idea how widespread this is, but it seems pretty well known across the G27 userbase. Perhaps it's well known because so many people uses the G27. Who knows. If someone knows, enlighten me  :D

yeah i had that issue. i couldn't really get to the bottom of it because i never bothered to crack open the housing. but you are correct about the optical encoder. some G27s tend to degrade that encoder over time, which sort of makes sense as it connects the feedback motors to the in-game feedback logic. it can be replaced, but it's a little tricky. 

sadly the G27 is the most common wheel set out there. if you want more premium you have to shell out a lot of money. not a lot of people can do that, unless you are pursuing a life in sim racing 

How much for a T300RS + THR8S shifter?

My G27 is 4 years old and never have any problem with it but for 350 it's expensive/overprice.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

How much for a T300RS + THR8S shifter?

My G27 is 4 years old and never have any problem with it but for 350 it's expensive/overprice.

on ebay, some of them go for as low as 450. some as high as 3 FUCKING GRAND.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D