What PC's does your school have?

jond1122

Our school issues each student a laptop that they can take home and use as there own. They have i5 U processors and 4gb of ram and 128gb SSDs They are lenovo yogas. Our video room have two diffrent types of macs. there are 5 mac Pros. The mac pros have two xeons, 8gb of ddr2 and a gt 210. And the imacs have 3rd gen i7s and 765mx. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

we have new acer chrome books, and for desktops for main use they have like 4gb of ddr2 (which they recently updgraded from 512mb or 1 lol) with pentium 3`s or some have pentium 4 and core 2 duo`s running windows xp-vista , our film class has a 2010 mac pro ( maybe not too sure on the exact date) with upgraded gpu to i think a 290 or such, and its running dual xeons, then we also  have lenovo think centers running 16gb of ram with i7-4770`s running dual monitors and windows 7

main reason they upgraded ram is it crashed alot, first year at school go to open a second chrome tab, computer crashes so i tell my teacher, she asks what i did and i said i opened google, she then replied well dont go on google then -_-

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

My high school had two computer labs with Dell Optiplex 755's(the small form factor model) and i believe they were updated to something around the Dell 9000 series after the storms in my home state in 2012 ruined most of them, and we had a Mac lab with around 25 iMacs, though it wasn't used for much.

Fully spec'd put iMacs which are upgraded every time a new model comes out. We have 3 Macbook Air carts, 5 ChromeBook carts, and 5 iPad carts. 

The graphic design and cadd rooms have custom built pc's with i7's and 980ti cards on dual monitors

Not a school, but at work, the computers are ancient. It's some old Windows XP machines where 240p video streaming lag like no tomorrow(we have the connection speed require for it, and more, so it's not that), probably a pentium 3, never bothered to check, I just use my phone since it's faster... And they have "Deepfreeze" on them, so we can't even update the damn thing, we have to install Chrome each time someone reboot it because IE is on version 7, as such many websites don't even work with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My High Schol has Dell's with Core Duo's

100gb Storage

2gb RAM

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

We have a 1:1 program we get 13" MacBook Airs from varying years and (fuck Apple) varying charger ports. In the language lab, though I all know is we have Core 2 Duo shit fucks but that's all I know because the damn teacher freaks the fuck out if you do anything except open Chrome.

LOL true. WHAT ARE YOU DOING I SAID OPEN CHROME

were they also running windows 7, with a VM on top to be able to access the internet?

because i've been in that exact situation...

As far as I know, they are just running a native install of windows 7 enterprise.

We've got 27" iMacs with GTX780ms and some core i7 mobile part. I guess that's what I get for going to art school, lol. Nice 2560x1440 monitors and SSDs in those though. Generally the IT rooms have Dell Optiplex machines with Core i5 4460s and something like R7 240s. Never been the in the video production areas, but It think they've got some sort of custom workstations.

The learning common areas have VMs running windows 7 enterprise with 2 Sandy Bridge Xeon cores and 2GB of RAM dedicated to em.

My school has dell 11 chromebooks intel core i3 with 18 gigs of ram chrome os is either really fast or really slow

You will eventually die, accept it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

HP prodesk 4100 g1, saw this at my cousin's school...Looks pretty nice for a small factor form school computer and the metal is pretty solid 

c04273429.png

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Depends on where you have access to and where you go.

Library got brand new iMacs.

Engineering Labs got Xeon with FirePro. 16 gb Ram

Video/Photo/Creative people got i7 and Nvidia.

Standard issue is a i5 with 4 gb of ram. 1080p VGA.

I come from a university so solid hardware.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I cant find the exact model number because HP hides it but this is the laptop my school gave my grade.
i5 4200U @ 1.60Ghz
4GB Ram
1366x768 Screen (11 Inch at 40 Hertz) running Intel HD Graphics 4400
120GB SSD + My own 30GB SD Card for Google Drive which we are forced to use (Which I have no problem with, its just it has to be our school one and not our own one  :angry: )

No Administrator on a device which we paid for.

Finally a really bad sticker on the back of our laptops so that we know who owns which laptop

rxo2yEI.jpg

My school, omg don't get me started they have these cheap pentium, integrated graphics, dell pcs and monitors. They get the bundles for like $150 off amazon with monitor and tower, i swear those don't even have 1080p :((((

2015 21.5 inch imac base model with 1.4ghz i5.

Some HP workstations with i7 4770s and16GB RAM running Linux as a host OS and VMWare Workstation to provide the guest OS's so they can swap them out when needed

My school has crappy thinkpads with quad core celerons, Intel graphics, and the world's worst screens. Seriously, the viewing angles are so bad that if you tilt the screen a little too far back it becomes unusable and sometimes you can't tell red from orange and stuff... Just bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Pentium D .

DDr2

Intel integrated graphics ( GMA ?)

Windows XP

slow hard drive

4:3 900p screen (not operating at full resolution )

This is HP stuff by the way.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

At my TAFE it depends on the classroom. The main one I'm in most of the time has 2014 High end iMacs, with 4770Ks, 780M GPU, 32 gigs of RAM, and 256 gig SSDs. The other main room I've been in runs Core 2 Duo era 24" iMacs with about 4 gigs of RAM. There's also a number of Dell mini towers in the library, although not sure of the specs on them. I've also seen some older polycarbonate iMacs and iBooks, as well as a few macbook pros here and there.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Fucking 1GB of RAM and an AMD athlon X2

/thread

Same for us

Always contiplate upgrading it to the best processor and ram I can to the one I sit at.