LTT's top 5 disliked videos are about Apple

Snickerzz

What is your reason for hating them? Just saying their business decisions doesn't really say anything.

I would explain using my "thoughts" but I would probably collect a bucket of warning points. Lol

This is what happens when Linus asks for dislikes.

4k likes to 21k dislikes.

lol thanks Linus

I used to be quite active here.

I used to hate Apple back then and love assembled PCs, then I made the switch. Now I love both of them, best of both worlds.

Ps. they don't overprice imo. Try to build something comparable to an iMac 5K with the unlocked i7, SSD and fastest dGPU, including a comparable display. It's not overpriced at all if you consider you're getting a high quality prebuilt computer and the support that comes with it. Recently they even updated Boot Camp to support the 5K resolution on Windows as well, so you can get to use the display at full potential on both OSes.

So they're phones arent overpriced?

I should say that sortbydislikes is my fault. Funnily enough, one of the first channels I searched using it was linustechtips.

Please try howtobasic. Just do it.

The server is so overwhelmed right now, I expect it to take hours for all the requested channels to get indexed.

Not exactly fair to blame all 5 on Apple hate.

1. Probably Apple hate.

2. Definitely Apple hate.

3. Doesn't look like an overly interesting product.

4. Definitely Apple hate.

5. There were MASSIVE audio/video desync issues on that ep of the WAN Show. That's why the dislikes are so high.

So 3/5 due to Apple hate. Not saying it's not significant, just that that isn't necessarily the full story...

Sorry I didn't actually look at each video >: 

3. Doesn't look like an overly interesting product.

That was a bunch of Linus' early videos! Niche products many didn't care about but look at where those got him :D

5. There were MASSIVE audio/video desync issues on that ep of the WAN Show. That's why the dislikes are so high.

Other videos have had some pretty bad desync but that one still has Apple involved, so its a double whammy!  :lol:  :lol:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So they're phones arent overpriced?

Overpriced means they missed the market demand at a certain price level for the supply. As long as they meet their expected sales at their desired price, it is not overpriced. Overpriced is relative to each person.

Sorry I didn't actually look at each video >: 

That was a bunch of Linus' early videos! Niche products many didn't care about but look at where those got him :D

Other videos have had some pretty bad desync but that one still has Apple involved, so its a double whammy!  :lol:  :lol:

All good haha.

Yep some have had desync by that one was like... upwards of 5 or 10 seconds if I remember correctly. Horrid.

Overpriced means they missed the market demand at a certain price level for the supply. As long as they meet their expected sales at their desired price, it is not overpriced. Overpriced is relative to each person.

Overpriced is relative to phones that are better and cheaper like the M9 and Z5 premium (top of the line iPhone is near £800)

All good haha.

Yep some have had desync by that one was like... upwards of 5 or 10 seconds if I remember correctly. Horrid.

Do you think iPhones are overpriced?

Overpriced is relative to phones that are better and cheaper like the M9 and Z5 premium (top of the line iPhone is near £800)

I view things in an economics sense. You view things in term of tech specs. If it were overpriced in term of the market demand few people would buy it and Apple would be forced to either take a huge loss or sell at a lower price.

I view things in an economics sense. You view things in term of tech specs. If it were overpriced in term of the market demand few people would buy it and Apple would be forced to either take a huge loss or sell at a lower price.

Well that would be the iSheep. Even if they doubled the price Apple would probably make a profit...

Do you think iPhones are overpriced?

07bfc091f2.png

Really depends on what value you put on your phone I guess. According to recent reports iOS is present on about 15% of smartphones globally... Taking into account the fact that many countries outside of NA focus primarily on Android phones due to economic limitations, 15% is a pretty huge number, especially in NA.

Are they expensive? Yeah, they are really expensive. Are they overpriced? I don't think you can really make a blanket statement about that as it has so much to do with what you believe as an individual.

Disclaimer: I use an iPhone 6.

All good haha.

Yeah, wasn't it the stream? I'm pretty sure it sorted it'self out a third of the way through..

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well that would be the iSheep. Even if they doubled the price Apple would probably make a profit...

It's not nearly as black and white as you make it out to be. Ecosystem, brand loyalty, product functionality, product "status" or "class" (implied appearance of wealth, have/have nots), and many other factors come into play in stuff like this.

While you personally may not see the value in a product, many do. And yes, if they doubled the price they probably would make a profit, but it would be a severely diminished profit compared to what they make at the current price point due to many more people falling in to the "iPhones are overpriced" camp.

Yeah, wasn't it the stream? I'm pretty sure it sorted it'self out a third of the way through..

Possibly! Yeah there was some huge issue with it, can't quite remember at this point as it was (holy crap) close to a year ago at this point  :huh:

It's not nearly as black and white as you make it out to be. Ecosystem, brand loyalty, product functionality, product "status" or "class" (implied appearance of wealth, have/have nots), and many other factors come into play in stuff like this.

While you personally may not see the value in a product, many do. And yes, if they doubled the price they probably would make a profit, but it would be a severely diminished profit compared to what they make at the current price point due to many more people falling in to the "iPhones are overpriced" camp.

Possibly! Yeah there was some huge issue with it, can't quite remember at this point as it was (holy crap) close to a year ago at this point  :huh:

I just cant understand it. There are phones that are probably better than the 6s in almost every way yet people still queue up at the door everytime a new iPhone is released.

Um what.. literally feels like it was a month ago  :mellow: Man how do you guys even keep track of anything when time moves so fast.

I just cant understand it. There are phones that are probably better than the 6s in almost every way yet people still queue up at the door everytime a new iPhone is released.

That is incorrect (or, at least, it was at launch. I haven't been following long-term results super closely). When the 6s launched it was one of the best in almost every category, being the best in many (especially graphics tasks & random read/write thanks to its NVMe-based storage). Anandtech review.

The other key thing is that, whether their performance is better or not, those other products aren't running iOS, and many people don't like change. :P

Anyway, this isn't going anywhere so I'll wrap up my thoughts and peace out lol.

They make good phones. Are they revolutionary? In most ways (especially post-Jobs), no. But they've done a great job of marketing a categorically sound product in a way that has caused a craze around almost every launch, and they have brought a number of key features (whether they came up with them originally or not) to the masses.

Luckily, as beings of free thought, we each get to make the decision that suits us best, so we can choose to purchase iPhones, or we can choose to go with another option that is better suited for us. :)

Um what.. literally feels like it was a month ago  :mellow: Man how do you guys even keep track of anything when time moves so fast.

I know man!!! I can't believe I've been working with LMG for almost 2 years now  :huh:  :huh: 

Time be like:

54933298.jpg

That is incorrect (or, at least, it was at launch. I haven't been following long-term results super closely). When the 6s launched it was one of the best in almost every category, being the best in many (especially graphics tasks & random read/write thanks to its NVMe-based storage). Anandtech review.

The other key thing is that, whether their performance is better or not, those other products aren't running iOS, and many people don't like change. :P

Anyway, this isn't going anywhere so I'll wrap up my thoughts and peace out lol.

They make good phones. Are they revolutionary? In most ways (especially post-Jobs), no. But they've done a great job of marketing a categorically sound product in a way that has caused a craze around almost every launch, and they have brought a number of key features (whether they came up with them originally or not) to the masses.

Luckily, as beings of free thought, we each get to make the decision that suits us best, so we can choose to purchase iPhones, or we can choose to go with another option that is better suited for us. :)

I know man!!! I can't believe I've been working with LMG for almost 2 years now  :huh:  :huh: 

Time be like:54933298.jpg

Even though I dont like Apple as a company (at least since Jobs died) I respect your opinion.

Peace.

Well, to be fair, I would say overpriced due to the fact that when I'm on a carrier they are usually the most expensive phone when cheaper phones are better.  That's not only Apple's fault, but also the carrier who sells the phone too.  I'm not saying it for anti-Apple reasons, but because there's really no reason for them to be that much when phones with better stats are cheaper.  However, there are a lot of Apple consumers don't care about that or pay attention to that.

Spec sheets are not the only aspect of a product that most [some? many?] people consider when assessing value.

For me, a HUGE plus for my iPhone 6 is that it doesn't burn much battery when I'm not using it. Took it off the charger this morning at about 9am and it's sitting at 80-90% remaining (after a few conference calls and some mild app use - I'm a relatively light user when I'm at a PC). That is HUGE, especially for a product that has been in use (on and off) for 12-15 months at this point.

Compare that to my experience with Android (Nexus 5) and the difference is night and day. By the end of its useful life, which (for me at least) was about 18 months after purchasing the device, I was lucky to get 8 hours out of it. That is totally unacceptable as I don't often carry a bag with me and don't want to stick a battery bank in my pocket just to make it through a mobile workday.

EDIT: I'm not trying to say that my experience here is statistically significant or that you should buy an iPhone for its battery life, or that all Nexus 5s are crap and run out of battery after 8 hours. The iPhone still has a pathetically small battery due to Apple's stupid obsession with make everything paper thin. This is just my experience, and should be taken at face value.

Honestly, I've only had battery issues with 2 phones.  Both were HTCs.  xD  Haven't had that issue with Samsung nor with Blu.  I think HTC needs to make better batteries.

That's good to hear!

I had issues in the past with battery life on both my Nexus 5 and my iPhone 4S. On the iPhone it occurred about 2.5 years into use, the Nexus was much quicker, starting to show issues around 1 year in.

Can you get Blu in NA? I don't think we can up in Canada... They're a really interesting brand imo.

That's good to hear!

I had issues in the past with battery life on both my Nexus 5 and my iPhone 4S. On the iPhone it occurred about 2.5 years into use, the Nexus was much quicker, starting to show issues around 1 year in.

Can you get Blu in NA? I don't think we can up in Canada... They're a really interesting brand imo.

I can second the fact that the iPhone 4S had definite battery degradation issues (along with the iPod 5)  Luckily due to it's design, it's not hard to swap in a new battery on the 4S.  No such luck on the iPod 5 though...

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions