Did I break my Xbox?

doeskydoes

So I brought my Xbox upstairs and found it had a game in it. My new monitor didnt come yet so I cant check if its working. How boned am I? 

You will eventually die, accept it.

Not very. Worst case scenario the disc will be broken when you turn it on. I've done worse stuff to my PS3 with discs inside and they've been fine.

So I brought my Xbox upstairs and found it had a game in it. My new monitor didnt come yet so I cant check if its working. How boned am I?

So you carried an Xbox upstairs and it had a game in it. Right? I'm willing to bet that it's fine.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

if it breaks from being moved with a disk inside thats some serious bad design...

i've transported my wii with a disk inside before :/

My one got shipped to japan and back with a disk inside.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

My one got shipped to japan and back with a disk inside.

probably still not as bad as belgian roads.

here hitting the wrong pothole means your transmission drops out the bottom of your car.

lol what?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Even If you dont have a monitor, you can still turn on the Xbox and try to eject the disk, also telling us which Xbox you have would be nice... Original, 360, One... I will be able to help you better based on Information.

if it breaks from being moved with a disk inside thats some serious bad design...

i've transported my wii with a disk inside before :/

Have you met the xbox 360 yet?

So, you transported your turned off xbox upstairs, with a cd in it?

Literally nothing should have happened rofl.

If it was on while you carried it... then okay, the cd is probably boned, but that's it.

I can't count the number of times I've ridden my bike to a friends house with my old xbox in my backpack with a cd in it. It's seriously nothing to worry about.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

360 or One? That would be really helpfull buddy.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Even If you dont have a monitor, you can still turn on the Xbox and try to eject the disk, also telling us which Xbox you have would be nice... Original, 360, One... I will be able to help you better based on Information.

Lol sorry everyone it was an Xbox one.

360 only really has an issue where you move it when it's powered on, it would scratch the disk as the laser would leave an imprint in the disc due to a poorly designed optical drive. I think it might also be the case with the xbox one, however I think it's not really an issue I think the xbox one wont even read a disc if it detects it being upright to alleviate the issue. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

probably still not as bad as belgian roads.

here hitting the wrong pothole means your transmission drops out the bottom of your car.

And your wheel broke off and is still in the damn pothole.

haven't hit one so badly my transmission broke, but i know people that have killed tyres and ruined rims because of them.

So yea flying it around the world is probably a better scenario than taking it for a drive in belgium.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

And your wheel broke off and is still in the damn pothole.

haven't hit one so badly my transmission broke, but i know people that have killed tyres and ruined rims because of them.

So yea flying it around the world is probably a better scenario than taking it for a drive in belgium.

i might have exaggerated that one, but if you're on a road where 160km/h is considered slow by the people around you (belgians and speeding, ah the gloriousness)

and then hit a pothole that reaches down to australia... well.. lets just say we didnt have a reverse gear, or a parking gear anymore...

Lol sorry everyone it was an Xbox one.

Power It on, If the disk wont eject when you click the eject button, you can use a paper clip to manually eject the disk. If that doesent work you will need to send It to Microsoft for service.

i might have exaggerated that one, but if you're on a road where 160km/h is considered slow by the people around you (belgians and speeding, ah the gloriousness)

and then hit a pothole that reaches down to australia... well.. lets just say we didnt have a reverse gear, or a parking gear anymore...

I don't get that tbh.

I mean i hate driving on the highway because i always have the feeling my car doesn't have too much power, so i avoid them.

But yea when you are driving 160kph the chance you hit a pothole is bigger than being pulled over by the cops.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I don't get that tbh.

I mean i hate driving on the highway because i always have the feeling my car doesn't have too much power, so i avoid them.

But yea when you are driving 160kph the chance you hit a pothole is bigger than being pulled over by the cops.

yeah... my family has a 1980s volkswagen transporter that barely makes it to 110km/h

thats great fun on the highway xD

I don't know if you're trolling or just stupid. It would work. Plus you're in the wrong subform. Use the shitty console peasant sub form or the help subform. 

I like how now this is a conversation about Belgians and their supposedly crappy road system

I don't know if you're trolling or just stupid. It would work. Plus you're in the wrong subform. Use the shitty console peasant sub form or the help subform. 

so a pc master race are we also like it says in my bio im not that good with tech

It should be fine, I had a xbox 360 (don't know if you have one or 360) and it said ''Warning don't carry with game in it blah blah blah''. I did it all the time and nothing ever broke you should not have any problems. Unless you have a Xbox one I really don't know about those