COD Black Ops 2

Pistola

Yes the game everyone loves to hate, yet still one of the best selling games every single year. Say what you want about the franchise the latest installment of COD is actually the best one since the first Modern Warfare if not ever as far as PC is concerned. Most of the people who hate it sooo much are usually people who have never played it or are just terrible at it.

I don't really hate it or like it. Just bored of the Call of Duty formula.

Number of game sales doesn't necessarily reflect how good the game is. Lady Gaga sells a lot of records, but yet I find her music to be quite awful.

Best Call of Duty would probably be CoD2 and VCoD (CoD1).

I've played the game and am not terrible (you can Google my name)

It's actually possible to dislike a game and still be good at it. I haven't liked the past few (prior to blops 2) but still manage a 2.1-2.2 kdr and a 1.5 or so wlr. Not the best but certainly not terrible.

That said, black ops 2 is actually pretty fun from what I have played. Friends still get them every year which is why I continue to get them.

Its way to easy for my taste... If I play it I just efff around or play the party games. Glad I didn't pay for it, not worth the full price.

I don`t "hate" it, but it's not something i enjoy playing. Tiny maps and nothing really much to do besides run around a map the size of my back yard and pew pew pew. Not going to go bash people for playing it though.

I agree the formula has defiantly gotten a little old but what is the last fresh FPS game you have played? CS gets progressively worse with every installment. The battlefield series is ok, its just a little too slow paced and "sand boxy" for my liking. Still a solid game though all though i dont see much change aside from graphics to say a battle field 2.

Im just a little annoyed that sooo many people wrote off BLOPS 2 before they even played it I agree though that MW2, and MW3 were terrible and I think thats where a lot of the hate stems from which is understandable I just don't see many shooters that are as well polished as this game yet everyone just hates on it as if there are so many better FPS games out there to play.

I agree the formula has defiantly gotten a little old but what is the last fresh FPS game you have played? CS gets progressively worse with every installment. The battlefield series is ok' date=' its just a little too slow paced and "sand boxy" for my liking. Still a solid game though all though i dont see much change aside from graphics to say a battle field 2. Im just a little annoyed that sooo many people wrote off BLOPS 2 before they even played it I agree though that MW2, and MW3 were terrible and I think thats where a lot of the hate stems from which is understandable I just don't see many shooters that are as well polished as this game yet everyone just hates on it as if there are so many better FPS games out there to play. [/quote']

How does CS gets progressively worse with every installment? It has had more LANS than BO2 and is a supported game at Dreamhack as well as other major events (mainly in Europe). The game is also only $14.99 (went on sale for ~$7 during the holidays). It's a game that actually requires you to use your mouse and aim. Not spray, you get punished for spraying and miss your shot because of it. CS is all about headshots.

CoD nowadays are just "run around and spray with a smg" or get killed by a random generator (claymores, bouncing betty, shock things, etc). Not really a skill factor but more of a game that's pubstomp. It's a fun game for the casual, I play games for eSports competition, and I just don't see that happening anymore with CoD.

CS certainly gets worse with every installment. CS GO is basically LFD 2 with counterstike skins on it. COD never claimed to be an e-sport its always been a pub stomping game or a game to play with buddies. CS which has been claimed by the e-sports community has gotten worse, source was never really even picked up by the e-sports community people. It was always just a side act to 1.6 where the "real" players were. I wasn't trying to compare COD to CS anyways you went there.

Im 28 now im not looking to go "pro" its hardly even pays well for the amount of time it takes Im just looking to play some games with some buddies. I think cod does a decent job of that. We were talking about how COD has gotten stale. Im just saying what FPS isn't stale these days.

I have all the love for CS in the world your talking to someone who started playing CS since the early betas I probably have over 5k hours on that game. But to say cod has gone stale and CS hasn''t is a little absurd were still playing dust2 for peanuts sake. I don't think anyone thinks the competitive aspect of COD is better then CS

CS certainly gets worse with every installment. CS GO is basically LFD 2 with counterstike skins on it. COD never claimed to be an e-sport its always been a pub stomping game or a game to play with buddies. CS which has been claimed by the e-sports community has gotten worse' date=' source was never really even picked up by the e-sports community people. It was always just a side act to 1.6 where the "real" players were. I wasn't trying to compare COD to CS anyways you went there. Im 28 now im not looking to go "pro" its hardly even pays well for the amount of time it takes Im just looking to play some games with some buddies. I think cod does a decent job of that. We were talking about how COD has gotten stale. Im just saying what FPS isn't stale these days. I have all the love for CS in the world your talking to someone who started playing CS since the early betas I probably have over 5k hours on that game. But to say cod has gone stale and CS hasn''t is a little absurd were still playing dust2 for peanuts sake. I don't think anyone thinks the competitive aspect of COD is better then CS [/quote']

Actually, Treyarch has been bragging about how they made Black Ops 2 a esports game (Proof: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/black-ops-2-will-make-esports-important-to-you ) and hence all the casting / spectator features. Which isn't new to the PC community at all. All these functionalities have been available on the PC for quite some time.

CSGO isn't L4D2 with CS skins in it lol... you're just saying that because there's molotovs. Claimed by eSports community? Uhhh what world are you in? Stop making bogus claims without any proof to back it up, HeatoN,

Christensen writes that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive feels like the right thing now when tournament organizers have started weeding out Counter-Strike 1.6 and the player base diminishing.

http://www.hltv.org/news/8920-heaton-csgo-feels-right

Many pro teams such as Fnatic are all switching over to CS:GO. It is the most popular FPS title in Europe in terms of eSports.

Like what I said before,

Not really a skill factor but more of a game that's pubstomp. It's a fun game for the casual, I play games for eSports competition, and I just don't see that happening anymore with CoD.

Each person has their own reasons for gaming. Yours is different from mines. Not bashing Call of Duty but it just isn't what it was in it's earlier days from CoD2.

Personally for me, BO2 isn't the game for me because it is way too easy and the ESports scene isn't there, at least not in the PC side of things and never will be competitive because Activision just cares about the money and releases a new sequel to CoD every year. Whereas, Valve releases free updates, map tools, open dedicated servers, and most importantly they take community feedback which is a HUUUUUUUUGE +. These are the prime things of what makes a game competitive in the PC side of things.

CS certainly gets worse with every installment. CS GO is basically LFD 2 with counterstike skins on it. COD never claimed to be an e-sport its always been a pub stomping game or a game to play with buddies. CS which has been claimed by the e-sports community has gotten worse' date=' source was never really even picked up by the e-sports community people. It was always just a side act to 1.6 where the "real" players were. I wasn't trying to compare COD to CS anyways you went there. Im 28 now im not looking to go "pro" its hardly even pays well for the amount of time it takes Im just looking to play some games with some buddies. I think cod does a decent job of that. We were talking about how COD has gotten stale. Im just saying what FPS isn't stale these days. I have all the love for CS in the world your talking to someone who started playing CS since the early betas I probably have over 5k hours on that game. But to say cod has gone stale and CS hasn''t is a little absurd were still playing dust2 for peanuts sake. I don't think anyone thinks the competitive aspect of COD is better then CS [/quote']

Actually, Treyarch has been bragging about how they made Black Ops 2 a esports game (Proof: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/black-ops-2-will-make-esports-important-to-you ) and hence all the casting / spectator features. Which isn't new to the PC community at all. All these functionalities have been available on the PC for quite some time.

CSGO isn't L4D2 with CS skins in it lol... you're just saying that because there's molotovs. Claimed by eSports community? Uhhh what world are you in? Stop making bogus claims without any proof to back it up, HeatoN,

Christensen writes that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive feels like the right thing now when tournament organizers have started weeding out Counter-Strike 1.6 and the player base diminishing.

http://www.hltv.org/news/8920-heaton-csgo-feels-right

Many pro teams such as Fnatic are all switching over to CS:GO. It is the most popular FPS title in Europe in terms of eSports.

Like what I said before,

Not really a skill factor but more of a game that's pubstomp. It's a fun game for the casual, I play games for eSports competition, and I just don't see that happening anymore with CoD.

Each person has their own reasons for gaming. Yours is different from mines. Not bashing Call of Duty but it just isn't what it was in it's earlier days from CoD2.

Personally for me, BO2 isn't the game for me because it is way too easy and the ESports scene isn't there, at least not in the PC side of things and never will be competitive because Activision just cares about the money and releases a new sequel to CoD every year. Whereas, Valve releases free updates, map tools, open dedicated servers, and most importantly they take community feedback which is a HUUUUUUUUGE +. These are the prime things of what makes a game competitive in the PC side of things.

CSGO is using the Source Engine with the same tweaks as L4D2.. also this tweaked L4D2 engine got tweaked for CS:GO and thats what they use in CS:GO

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

The only reason tournaments are switching to CS GO is because they need to move on with the times E-sports is never going to grow with old dated graphics that 1.6 has. Its not because the games are getting better or more competitive or have a bigger skill ceiling its simply out of necessity. There is currently nothing better to play in the eyes of the people producing these LAN tourny's whose number 1 concern is making money. Your quote actully proves that. He does'nt say "hey CS GO is fantastic its so good its replcing 1.6 because its a great game" he just saying at this point in time we need a change and I guess CS:GO is it.

I can't see how you don't see the similarities between L4D2 and CS:GO and no it not just because of molitovs its because it made on the same engine baring some tweaks. There is a bigger difference between source and CS GO then LFD2 and CS:GO. I thought that was common knowledge.

Anyways I made this thread just to say that BLOPS 2 was a decent game and that it receives too much un warranted hate.

When i was 18 all i cared about was competitive gaming and I had a similar elitist attitude that you did. Anything that wasn't competitive was a waste of time and for inferior noobs... I get it.

The only reason tournaments are switching to CS GO is because they need to move on with the times E-sports is never going to grow with old dated graphics that 1.6 has. Its not because the games are getting better or more competitive or have a bigger skill ceiling its simply out of necessity. There is currently nothing better to play in the eyes of the people producing these LAN tourny's whose number 1 concern is making money. Your quote actully proves that. He does'nt say "hey CS GO is fantastic its so good its replcing 1.6 because its a great game" he just saying at this point in time we need a change and I guess CS:GO is it. I can't see how you don't see the similarities between L4D2 and CS:GO and no it not just because of molitovs its because it made on the same engine baring some tweaks. There is a bigger difference between source and CS GO then LFD2 and CS:GO. I thought that was common knowledge. Anyways I made this thread just to say that BLOPS 2 was a decent game and that it receives too much un warranted hate. When i was 18 all i cared about was competitive gaming and I had a similar elitist attitude that you did. Anything that wasn't competitive was a waste of time and for inferior noobs... I get it.

As a plus, I also think a big portion of it is going towards today's hardware. Today's hardware isn't necessarily optimized for CS 1.6 either with it's resolutions and all that.

CS:GO also introduced a number of spectating features (one that is X-Ray, wall hackish that is quite neat in my opinion).

LAN Tournaments don't necessarily make money, it's more of stream viewers and return of investment with the sponsors/partners. For Dreamhack, it's quite easy because they host a number of events as well as a BYOC event. So it is not all filled in one basket.

What is killing CS generally is its non-existant ability to be in a uniformed system. Everybody is still split between 1.6, Source and GO. Unfortunately, http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ GO is the last CS game. I don't even want to speak itself for FPS in generals, but in terms of eSports, FPS games are dying and most of it's attention is now going towards MOBA and Strategy games. The big hitters being League of Legends, DOTA2 and StarCraft II.

There is no similarity between L4D2 and CS:GO, they're both separate games which happen to use the same engine because they're both made by Valve. Call of Duty uses the same engine for the past couple of CoDs, do you see me saying that BO2 is the same as MW3? Definitely BO2 looks a lot different from BO1 and the game itself does feel like MW3. But they're both different games.

Just because it shares molotovs, doesn't mean its L4D2. I don't like League of Legends, I don't bash it either. In my mind, if someone doesn't like the game, don't bash it, just don't give any attention towards the game and support the games you love.

I'm not 18 if that's what you're saying, I'm not a elitist by any means. I play games for competition in leagues and tournaments, not to play games in pubs for KDR ratios. Yeah people do that, I'm fine with that. Each person has their own purpose of playing games.

Treyard has always been my favorite cod dev. never really liked infinity ward, dont know why

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Treyard has always been my favorite cod dev. never really liked infinity ward' date=' dont know why[/quote']

I like their work in the previous cods. Seems like once they introduced the idea of no dedicated servers on MW2 and ahead. I was always like UMMMMMMMMMMM WHY would you do that???

Im not bashing CS GO im just saying it obviously not as good as its predecessors,

You keep harping on molitovs have you even played L4D2? When a game has, similar hit boxes, physics, gun fire ,graphics the games are going to be similar i dont see how thats an argument it doesn't mean they are THE EXACT SAME its just means they are similar. Obviously the last CODs are similar no one is arguing that. No one is bashing anything in here for the most part. Were critiquing games here.

This argument is beginning to circle and prove my point that there is a certain part of the gaming community that just LOVES to hate on COD. I just don't see how it helps anything. It just seems like they are jealous of the sales it gets...who cares.. it reminds of people on you tubewho hate on justin beiber all day.... who cares why does it bother you so much.

yes activision is a bunch of money grubbing bastards you show me a successful company that isn't.

Im not bashing CS GO im just saying it obviously not as good as its predecessors' date=' You keep harping on molitovs have you even played L4D2? When a game has, similar hit boxes, physics, gun fire ,graphics the games are going to be similar i dont see how thats an argument it doesn't mean they are THE EXACT SAME its just means they are similar. Obviously the last CODs are similar no one is arguing that. No one is bashing anything in here for the most part. Were critiquing games here. This argument is beginning to circle and prove my point that there is a certain part of the gaming community that just LOVES to hate on COD. I just don't see how it helps anything. It just seems like they are jealous of the sales it gets...who cares.. it reminds of people on you tubewho hate on justin beiber all day.... who cares why does it bother you so much. yes activision is a bunch of money grubbing bastards you show me a successful company that isn't. [/quote']

Well, we can apply that to every game nowadays. Me and you alike, we feel that old games were a lot better because it was original content and not a sequel after another sequel.

Yes I played L4D2, I beat the campaign, coop'd it with friends and then never touched the game again. In L4D2, I don't follow hitboxes, physics, its a zombie and fun game. Not competitive. I don't need to look into depth about that.

They're still both different games and not the same. They both use the same engine, of course they're going to have similarities but all Source games are not the same.

What gaming community loves to hate COD? I don't see any community like that. I don't follow console scene. The best thing to do against trolls is to just ignore them and not give them the attention they want. Threads like this only gives them more motivation on why they hate on it.

If it was PC side, then I respect the people disliking the game and expressing their opinions. COD definitely doesn't favor PC gamers anymore at least not in the way developers favored PC games in the past with taking community feedback.

A company that isn't? I could name a couple who are still very loyal to the scene.

Valve: Free DLCs, releases sequels of ~$15. HUGE NUMBER of sales on their games. Original content and very innovative, taking the right steps with their Steam platform revamping the way digital sales are done on the internet in regards to sales. Not to mention, Steam as a platform within itself on Linux and a DRM form of itself without it being too intrusive (hello Ubisoft??). Takes high amounts of criticism from the community to make a game the community enjoys from pro gamers and the casual community.

Free DOTA 2 game. Taking high amounts of criticism and doing the proper adjustments for a proper game. $1M dollar tournament, The International 1/2 with AMAZING production and venue.

Blizzard Entertainment: StarCraft II... they take criticism very well and adjust accordingly. $40 DLC with a NEW CAMPAIGN, NEW UNITS. Supporting eSports by making their own tournament and brought new players to the professional scene throughout the world with their Battle.net's World Championship (BWC). Also had the WoW finals there. Adding community-based maps into the ladder (daybreak, ohana, etc).

WarCraft III is still huge in China, map tools allowed DOTA1 to be created as well as a number of small mini games such as Tower Defense, AoS, etc.

Call of Duty: No mapping tools anymore, No open dedicated servers (something that was a basic necessity needed in FPS games, at least on the PC side of things), and most importantly a developer console.

PC is all about what the community brings for each other. The last game that actually had this was Call of Duty 4. Black Ops 1 kinda had it with mapping tools and developer console.

ok you got me.... obvious troll... your saying blizzard isn't all about the money? do you know who owns blizzard. Im done feeding

I guess I can give you valve. But the truth is china wouldn't pay for dota 2 anyways.

ok you got me.... obvious troll... your saying blizzard isn't all about the money? do you know who owns blizzard. Im done feeding

Not trolling? Yeah there's Activision Blizzard, but when you compare Blizzard and the guys involved in Call of Duty? Totally different.

Main Event: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_Battle.net_World_Championship#Prize_Pool ($250,000 in total)

South America: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/South_America/Finals#Prize_Pool ($30,600 in total)

Oceania: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Oceania/Finals#Prize_Pool($15,000)

NA: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/North_America/Finals ($60,000)

Europe: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Europe/Finals#Prize_Pool ($60,000)

Asia: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Asia/Finals#Prize_Pool ($60,000)

Total: $475,600

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/The_International/2012#Prizepool $1.6M

Call of Duty: ???? only thing they did was that CoD Con thing.

League of Legends: $2M http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Season_2_World_Championship#Prize_Pool

All of these tournaments are OFFICIAL tournaments organized by the corporate company who makes the game. They provide the money (without sponsors), stream, and venue space rented.

China wouldn't have to pay for Dota 2 because it's a free game.......... as mentioned above in the Dota 2 wiki, the top team is Chinese, was actually a very close game.

Gamers hate this game yet they buy it and all the DLC and brag about their KD. Classic... Sounds like they either like it but are embarrassed or are brainwashed by Activision. Maybe a little of both.

I for one am liking Black Ops 2 and if you want to play my Steam name is the same as my profile name.

I skipped out on COD this year. To me it's the same game every year. COD4, MW2 and Black ops are some of my most played games ever. Until they dramatically change things I will not be picking up another COD. There is nothing wrong with liking COD though. It's a great game for newcomers. But for someone like me who has spent so much time on the series you tend to get bored and move on.

You are very childish with your constant insults.

I really like BLOPS 2... Everyone has their own preference... I've played CS 1.6, Source, CS:GO, BF2, BF3 and of course all the other CoD games.

I've always seem to play the CoD games most, don't know, something about the simple play, with or against friends just loading up and having fun.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x