SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket fails sea landing for the third time.

*second time on sea.

f10bcf3c-f4d7-45e2-a083-d5a7bff2f354_640

Know that's cool..

--------------------------

-M-

Edited by moneez

woho ! misleading title.

3rd attempt failed.  2nd was alrighty

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Looking at the way it landed, the landing "gear" isn't strong and and stable enough for actually landing at sea, and if the winds are even slightly too high.....

(Also, gimme all da moneez).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

woho ! misleading title.

3rd attempt failed.  2nd was alrighty

Thank you for correcting me.

They will get better at it, this will not stop them.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Buckling failure of the landing gear. It landed properly, but their engineers are apparently only good at static FEA analysis using theoretical (low) force values.

Buckling failure of the landing gear. It landed properly, but their engineers are apparently only good at static FEA analysis.

it wasn't structural failure. It was caused by a latching mechanism becoming seized because of frozen condensation. In short, there wasn't anything holding the leg from moving back up. Wasn't a buckling failure.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Looking at the way it landed, the landing "gear" isn't strong and and stable enough for actually landing at sea, and if the winds are even slightly too high.....

(Also, gimme all da moneez).

Buckling failure of the landing gear. It landed properly, but their engineers are apparently only good at static FEA analysis using theoretical (low) force values.

Elon says the leg failed to lock due to ice build up while the rocket was on the launch pad

Half ninja'd  :ph34r:

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

it wasn't structural failure. It was caused by a latching mechanism becoming seized because of frozen condensation. In short, they wasn't anything holding the leg from moving back up. Wasn't a buckling failure.

Near enough to a structural failure.

Well you know, space is hard. But someone has to make the mistakes so we can all make it right in the future!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Actually, its pretty far away from being considered a structural failure.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Well you know, space is hard. But someone has to make the mistakes so we can all make it right in the future!

And the US gov seems to have stopped, so now we have to rely on the wealthy. Luckily we have one of the few wealthy people that are not bad working on it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is a design fail. When their rocket blew up do to one of the internal struts failing that was a structural fail.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Who is this M? I don't remember an M.

mellow. He killed light. :P

- snip-

mellow. He killed light. :P

Why did the notification for you quoting me pop up, it never gives me a notification. Odd.

I like how Musk is determined enough to keep on trying to land the vehicle on the barge, despite all these failures. They'll get it some day.

@Tagiau

Why did the notification for you quoting me pop up, it never gives me a notification. Odd.

hopefully it was fixed. Also, sorry for not mentioning, i was on mobile and coudn't see the sig.

- snip-

Actually, its pretty far away from being considered a structural failure.

The rocket is a structure.

And it failed as a structure.

Structure + Failure = Structural Failure.

You can do simple maths, right?

I like how Musk is determined enough to keep on trying to land the vehicle on the barge, despite all these failures. They'll get it some day.

If Edison had given up after trying to invent the Light bulb twice...

(I'm fairly sure that the Edison and Light bulb story aren't true but it's an appropriate enough metaphor so don't reply to me telling me it didn't actually happen like that)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

cant they just make a stable platform instead of a barge?

Depending on the desired orbit the rocket travels a different trajectory, which would require multiple platforms instead of a single barge. Also the barge want the problem here.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB