WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Hope it's not too late!

I use my SSD for the speed and use two 2 TB WD greens for storage and video editing. If I was to get a few more reds it would work great to have a reliable raid setup so I wouldn't lose any data!

Twitter = https://twitter.com/InfamousZebb/statuses/384554721878343680

Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/brad.holland.319/posts/10151896647780944

Website = http://abstractpvp.informe.com/viewtopic.php?p=427#427

I'm using a 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD as my boot drive because I'd heard good things about it, the price per GB had fallen within my upgrade budget and the performance boost is saving a lot of time every day.

For storage I have a RAID5 array comprising 3x 2TB HDDs (2 Samsung SpinPoints and a WD Green, mixed due to budgetary constraints) because it's the best compromise between useful capacity and the redundancy of RAID1 I can currently afford. Performance of this array used to be excellent until the battery for the RAID controller card stopped holding charge, so I'm planning to build a dedicated file server soon and some more drives would make that transition easier.

For recording TV to watch later, I have an old Linux machine with a 500GB software RAID1 array, but this fills up so fast and also needs an upgrade.

I also have a small fleet of external HDDs for backup and archival, mostly WD Elements because they've proven to be completely reliable in my limited experience.

I just have a 1 TB HDD drive in my computer as system and storage. I just haven't gotten around to buying another drive. Would really like to get another drive so I can at least backup my stuff quickly.

I have  just my pc, and 2x500gb drive in raid,and boy do i need more!!!!

Lets begin:

1x old seagate (don't remember the model) 750GB, it was my first drive and still has all the OSes,i bought it because i needed the space without paying a lot,i'm not using an SSD, yet, because i have other priorities, but, unfortunately, i know what i'm missing.

3x WD Black 2TB because i need to store and get at a reasonable speed video files and i use them for the VM disks, i would like to put them in raid 5, but they are almost completely full, and they where acquired over a period of 2-3 years,every time i ran out of space. 

1x WD My Passport usb3 2TB to share big files with my friends, and watch movies in a friend´s 1080p projector.

Ive got a Samsung 250GB SSD because I wanted alot of speed for my windows and stuff, and I am very impatient waiting for things to load and such :P

In my laptop I am using 500GB 9,5mm and 1,5TB 12,7mm drives, 500GB is what came with the computer and the 1,5TB 12,7mm was the only drive over 1TB that would fit internally at the time.

In my Desktop PC I have Revodrive X2 100GB because the motherboard doesn't have sata 6.0Gb/s and I it was best performance that I could have, it also has 1TB Samsung F3 Cheap/fast at the time, 2TB Samsung F2 cheap storage drive at the time and Seagate SV35.5 3TB because its 3 year warranty.

my main boot/gaming drive is a pair of ocz vertex 2 paired with WD black 1tb in intel SRT(I know they are old.. but they don't seem to die!)

the rest of my storage consist of the following:

2 tb seagate 

1.5 tb western digital green, power on time 1252 days and now dying :( waiting for a special on wd red 3tb or be lucky on this contest :)

640 gb Western Digital black, 1600+ days power on time

3 tb western digital red, jumped on it when it first release and I think it is a very good balance on price and speed.

I have another 2*2tb Western digital green on a d-link 323 nas, but they are used in a mirror back up

My setup is a 1TB hdd, which was chosen because it was the lowest price per gigaqbyte at the time.  I also have a 1TB backup.

Hi,

I don't have a desktop yet but i'm planning to build one. Actually i'm running a two Transcend 250GB external USB2 drive that has both 1-touch back up, along with 500GB WD external USB3 drive that has 1-touch back up too, which means that i have 1TB in total to store all my data and edited videos.

My setup is a 1TB hdd, which was chosen because it was the lowest price per gigaqbyte at the time.  I also have a 1TB backup.

I think it's pretty obvious that you also posted the 3 messages prior to this quoted post.... You could share this giveaway to have more entries instead of creating 4 or more additional fake profiles.

I am running a 1TB Caviar Green @5400rpm for everything.

I had this drive as an external HDD when I didn't have a desktop and used it to keep my music movies etc (WD My Book 1TB). when I decided to build my desktop I had to cheap-out in a couple of things in order to get it running, the HDD was one of them, so I formatted my Ext.HDD (lost all my movies and music, but did it for a greater cause) and extracted the Caviar green from it's enclosure. this is one of the first generations of 1TB disks if I recall correctly, It's been with me for 5 years now.

I run a 120gb ssd because it is just enough for my OS and a few games. I use a 2tb hdd for everything else.

I am running a 1TB Caviar Green @5400rpm for everything.

I had this drive as an external HDD when I didn't have a desktop and used it to keep my music movies etc (WD My Book 1TB). when I decided to build my desktop I had to cheap-out in a couple of things in order to get it running, the HDD was one of them, so I formatted my Ext.HDD (lost all my movies and music, but did it for a greater cause) and extracted the Caviar green from it's enclosure. this is one of the first generations of 1TB disks if I recall correctly, It's been with me for 5 years now.

I run a 120gb ssd because it is just enough for my OS and a few games. I use a 2tb hdd for everything else.

I don't think you two will be entered, the entries ended yesterday. Sorry.

xD probably it's too late, but I just wanna share my storage configuration.. so I'm running only 1TB samsung hdd but then I bouth 4TB WD external hard drive
I also use some 64gb micro sdxc from Sandisc cards (I think that they claim some lifetime warranty, but I'm not sure xD) and I have also some flashes(it's only 4gigs and I use it in car or for transfering projets and stuff) xD
Well, I'm a student so that's the reason I use a lot of external capacity xD also 4TB is for movies, backups and things like that, but I like just keep my files w/ me.
xD I almost forgot to mention that I also use some cloud space like dropbox (50-60GB i think).
In future I would like to buy some ssd for OS, so if u guyz have some advice for me just type it down.. I'm ready to listen!

btw I really love your videos man.. u helped me not once.. 'coz of u I bought things like Logitech G700s mouse(great review) and Roccat Isku fx (I was amazed)
and you're always telling us what you think about it not just some add sh*t..

P.S. sorry for my grammar xD I'm not that good at English xD

I'm running a 500gb WD green as my os and programs drive, which I have Windows 7 and Windows 8 on. It's seen some miles, but it's never failed me for the 3 years I've had it. I'm using a 1tb WD blue drive for storage, scratch disk, and for recording videos. This was salvaged from another machine which didn't need 1tb, much less, a 200gb, so I decided to put it to good use. I use my SanDisk 32gb micro drive for smaller file transfers from other pcs. Lastly, I have another WD drive, a My Book Essentials 1tb external, which is used to backup my storage drive.