1x 120gb Samsung 840 SSD (boot drive)

1x 1tb WD blue

1x 1tb WD green

HTPC:

1x WD black 500gb (boot drive)

1x 2tb Seagate (storage)

Additional storage:

1x 1tb Seagate backup plus

1x 320gb hitachi 2.5" drive (was from my laptop but I cooked the cpu so now that drive is purely as a temporary solution to test older hardware configs with)

+ assortment (roughly 10 ranging between 60gb IDE and 500gb sata) of old drives storing certain data that sit in anti static bags in my cupboard unless they are needed (Not sitting in any rig unless needed as they are all old and I prefer not to have them plugged in unless I need something on them).

When my next rig upgrades roll through house will be getting full cat 6 run to every room + shed and will be assembling a home server to consolidate my storage solutions.

Reasoning for my random storage solutions.

Main rig originally got an ssd for boot and a 1tb blue for storage (steam chews up nearly that entire drive now days), then a mate came along with issues with his external hdd and wanted me to have a look, I was busy and by the time I got to looking at it he had bought another one and told me to keep it so I scored a 1tb green (now used for movies and music storage [Originally was used for fraps recordings however I now use the blue for that and just put whatever game I intend to record onto the ssd first]).

Then there is the htpc, ideally I would love to have put an ssd in this as well, however I decided that considering it wasn't going to be used all the time an ssd just didn't make much sense so I went with a 500gb black for boot drive, the storage drive for it ended up being a seagate barracuda 2tb simple because it was a cost effective 2tb solution (its a htpc probably the most important file on that whole computer is a text document for christmas booze shopping, which i'm fairly sure I could just wing at the local bottle-o anyway and not be too phased).

Then we get to my additional storage, the 1tb seagate backup plus was primarily bought for transporting files between my rigs and a few semi important documents on it, this was necessary as the home network is trash and I have been delaying upgrading it until better internet is on offer and then setting it up properly however I may just bite the bullet shortly.

Now the final question is why all the other drives, and who the hell still uses IDE drives. These are just an assortment of drives I have salvaged from people upgrading computers and not wanting them to just having rigs laying around they have given me to do with as I wish, all of these drives have copies of windows ranging from xp through to 7 as well as some other assorted junk that I may have a need for but not likely. I'm also a hoarder of junk.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

( DESKTOP) Im using a 32gb ssd to boot a lil faster(bought from my cuz for $20) n a ps3 40gb 5400rpm hdd to install games really cant install much(came from my dead ps3) , cant really afford any a decent hdd winning this would be nice

ok lets see.. on my main rig I am running 3 Drives, a Kingston 120GIG SSD as my main OS drive, also have an intel 80Gig that I got  when they were only SATA2 and a 500GIG WD that I used on my last rig about 3 years ago where I keep all my games. I also have a DLINK dns-323 with Samsung 1.5 TB drives in RAID1 for network storage...movies..music and the such. 

I am running a desktop and i am using a mirco center g2 series 64gb to boot my os side and it run faster then my 1tb alone so i setup my 1tb green wd as my game and downloads hdd.Why would i want to own the 4tb hdd because i have so many games atm and i am almost over 750mb of games stored on it and i cant afford one because i had to move to south carolina and would love to own one thanks.

Chris Cook                     https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001736269457

Currently I'm using a WD Green 5400rpm 1TB because I didn't want to spend a lot of money and didn't think that I would run out of space, unfortunately even though I thought the day would never come I only have 20gb left, pesky humble bundles that cry out to me. Must buy and install all the games...    :/

Facebook share from Grant Ackerman: https://www.facebook.com/grantugrant/posts/719583714735312

Twitter share with Twitter handle @grantugrant: https://twitter.com/grantugrant/status/378012271487623168

Google Plus Share from Grant Ackerman: https://plus.google.com/109035915837558331141/posts/CYyQ5FBCfse

I have a 32GB Samsung SSD that I got for my birthday which I use for the OS and other various programs.

I also have 4 250GB WDC hard drives in no sort of RAID that I use because they were lying around my house. One of them is not detected by my computer and so is not in use, and two of them trade drive letters every time my computer boots, requiring me to reboot once whenever I want to use them. They mostly store games, so if anything wants to update, it gets very confused if it is suddenly on a "different" drive than it was the last time it was used.

My main desktop has 3 Maxtor HDD's of 250GB, 500GB and 1TB because I slowly expanded as I ran out of space. Eventually I ran out of space again and decided to build a Linux storage server which is running with 4 WD Red 3TB's in RAID 6 on a dedicated RAID card because they were the best consumer grade NAS type drives available, the 4TB versions weren't available when I built it, it's faster than using a Cloud service and I couldn't afford more than 4 at the time. The storage server has a Samsung 830 64GB if I recall correctly because SSD's are dirt cheap now so why not, also a few other things can live on the server than need to be served super quick. The next plan storage wise is to chuck an SSD in my desktop - mainly to reduce loading times in games - whilst upgrading to Windows 8 at the same time, but a bit of effort is required so it's not happened yet, a Christmas task perhaps. You can never have enough storage, so some more sexy WD Red's would be awesome.

i allways had a crap pc, i get my first laptop in 2010 or 2009 1.80 ghz 1 core procesor the graphics card was bad .. i burnout his ram memory 2 times then i dint repaired it anymore... and i get new mini notebook lg x120 with 1 gb ram like my first laptop i broke FOUR hdd.... and he survive with the 5th drive, then i dint damage it anymore also his keyboard stoped working long ago when i hit him and thats how i broke the hd drives :D and i get my HP laptop i played CoD MW 2 with a litte lagg on lowest setting then .. and after a time i get realy realy mad and i hit it sooo hard, gues what ? i broke his hard drive lol then i trade it for monitor 2nd hand and my litte notebook for another damaged pc just his psu was not working but i buyed new one and volla ! now i am with only 1 pc 250 gb HDD 2 gigs of ram and dual core 2.0 Intel CPU, no video card :| my video card is inside my motherboard, you know what i mean-> p5b mx wifi this is my motherboard and my case is not selling anywhere becuse it is too old. So if i have chance to win this 4 TB i will be realy happy pls add me on skype ivan..97 thanks. But if i don't win them just laugh at my story :D

My current set up is an 120gig OCZ Vertex 3 for my boot drive because seconds count! and a WD Blue 1TB Hard drive for my music, movies, TV shows, and games. and a samsung 160GB for OS backup.

Thanks again Linus and Western Digital for another great giveaway! 

As for my current list of hard drives, My Desktop/Gaming Rig only has a Western Digital Black 1TB in it, Great amount of storage and performance for a good price, and besides loading a few seconds slower than my friends with SSD's it's been a champ. My wife's computer has an older WD Black 640GB Drive in it, again great price and been going strong for over 3 or 4 years now, keeps up with me gaming wise no sweat. Now for network/external I have a Seagate 1TB and an older one (no clue on the brand) 250GB drive as well, and trying to keep my photos, movies, and programs/drivers/game files all in order and shared properly over the network has been chaos, I'm currently in the market for some sort of NAS setup, but the initial investment is very hard to get my wife on my side and get the upgrade a go ahead, having 4 (or even 2) of these drives would vastly decrease the startup cost of getting my NAS up and going. Thanks again for the awesome contest and good luck to everyone! (Also My Laptop's only got a 160GB Drive in it :/ )

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWDescent/posts/10200863796571385

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SWDescent/status/378016958395854848

I have a Samsung Story 2TB External, and a Samsung 840 Pro 256gb that I just purchased that will go into my upcoming build.  

I originally purchased the 2TB to store all of my files off my laptop.  Now that it's full, I'm looking to purchase a large internal drive for more storage in my upcoming build.  I chose the Samsung Story because my display monitor is a 22" Samsung TV, and I wanted to have it match.  I also liked the on/off knob on the drive so that I could completely turn it off or on when needed.  The 840 Pro will be my boot drive and will also hold my most used programs and games.  I chose the 840 Pro because my new build is heading in the direction of being of a higher tier than I expected.

ixW5Zyb.jpg?2?5397s4VXVSg.jpg?2

My personal rig has just a 2TB Seagate Barricuda, I'm setting up my server which has a Hitachi 320 GB and Hitachi 250 GB and a *cough* 80 GB and 120 GB Western Digital IDE drives, which is housed in a pentium 4 rig with 1 GB of ram which I'll be using for storage as well as all the media for the HTPC which will be a raspberry pi running XBMC when it arrives, all connected through through a $30 TP-link GbE switch. #BudgetNerd

I Run A big storage array of old wd ide hdd's across 3 nas's. i run it for my schools video club and me and my friends personal mod and games server. i have scavenged the hdd's form some old pentium 4 computers.

I have a 60GB Corsair Force Series (boot drive) which I got as a replacement for my 40GB Corsair SSD that died after two years of use. It was still under warranty so I got replacement for free but paid for shipping my drive to them. Then I have first generation WD VelociRaptor 300GB (it is just a little faster than the current generation black drives) for my programs and games. And I have 1TB WD Green for back up and all other files like movies, music, photos and other junk.

I have one Intel 520 120GB SSD because REASONS...    I chose speed over storage, I have to delete games to get the newest ones.

I am running just a Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive because I was on a limited budget to build me PC. Couldn't afford an SSD too expensive for the memory. I bought Seagate because WD blue i believe are slower and Seagate was on sale at the time.

Using a single 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD for basically everything: school, music, games, movies, etc. Only have the one HDD because of financial drawbacks. If I get drawn, running a RAID setup would be a dream come to true to not have to worry about losing my data

I'm using currently an Intel SSD for my desktop and used to have a Raid0 of WD Black 1TB! Even my raid0 isn't as performant as my SSD currently is. I have a backup Seagate Drive of 500 GB and an external 1TB WD drive.

right now i have a WD 300gb velociraptor (gen1) as a boot drive, coz i still can't see myself getting an SSD anytime soon. i'm waiting around for my velociraptor to die of old age. lol.

i currently have for storage, applications and games the following:

2 wd 1 tb green (gen2 sata 2)

1 wd 3 tb red sata 3

1 seagate 1.5 tb sata 2

1 seagate 3tb 

1 wd 2tb green (gen1 sata 2)

1 fujitsu 300gb external mobile hard drive 

i always need more storage! lol

=D

twitter: https://twitter.com/franzb69

My storage configuration is as follows.

On my gaming desktop I have 2x WD Caviar Blacks 1TB. The reason for this two drives are to continually backup my game drives and primary OS drive. Which leads to:

Game Drive: x2 OCZ Agility 3 180GB in RAID 0. My RAID Game drive holds all my PC games, in RAID 0 for extra R/W.

, game performance (though we all know it's nominal) and as well as a configuration for scratchdisking.

My Primary OS drive: Seagate 600 Series 256GB. This sole drive hold my OS and all applications besides games. It is also hotswap loaded so troubleshooting another drive, thereby removing the Seagate, becomes easy with no OS conflicts.

On my network I have the Netgear 4720 NAS Router. Within that router is a 2TB Seagate Barracuda (which I'd love to upgrade to a WD 4TB Red!), that holds all my backup data and acts as my personal cloud for file sharing and backing up. Connected to the router via USB 3.0 is a Seagate 4TB Desk External Hard drive which holds all my media and movies and anything I download.

WWw.Facebook.Com/visceralcomputers

I have in my system:

120GB Corsair Force SSD OS Drive
2TB Seagate Game Drive (More then half full, of just games... >.<)
1TB WD Black Media Drive
3TB WD My Book for Backups using Acronis 2013

The SSD was fast and relatively cheap compared to the other options on the market when I bought it, and it matches the color scheme of my system. I had the 1TB Black as my game drive initially, but I ran out of space. I replaced it with the 2TB Seagate because it was extremely cheap ($65 on sale), and it was faster than the WD Black on the latest firmware. I got the WD My Book 3TB because it looks nice, it was on sale, and I desperately needed something to backup the 3 drives in my system. It would kill me if I lost the data on either of those HDDs. I have the media and games separated, so that I can watch and/or download shows and movies, while also gaming, without slowing down load times.

If I won one of the 4TB reds, I might use it for daily internal backups, or I could replace the black drive as my media drive

@MangoTangoFox https://twitter.com/MangoTangoFox/status/378019588459347969

My Setup:

> First up my PC: Maximus V Formula, 8GB Cosair Vengance RAM (Red modules), Cosair ForceGT 120GB (Red Drive), Samsung DVD Writer (You'll see the reasons below...), GTX660 VGA, AOpen Nagas G6 Case with some custom clear panes which i made my self. (Really cool looking case but really sucks in the cable management department), 1 500GB Samsung HDD (canibalized from my old PC; but still works), 2 USB3 external drives (always plugged in; don't know if its good for this kind of drive, I'll find out anyway)

> I Have 1 SSD (Cosair ForceGT 120GB) as my boot & application drive. (got it because It's Cosair & matched my setup really well)

post-5698-0-90412800-1378964038_thumb.jp

> 1 500GB Samsung HDD for Game storage (Received as a warranty replacement during HDD shotage days. It replaced Segate 500GB which ran for almost 3 years; Waiting for Seagate replacement would have taken at least another month which was not an option at that time)

> 2 External USB3 drives (1 WD My Passport & 1 Seagate Backup Plus both of which are almost full). Both drives plugged-in fulltime to PC. 1 used for TV series's & 1 used for movies. using Plex server to stream both dive content in home to couple of Nexus 7's & my HTC one. (bought Segate drive over WD, becuse it has a adapter whch can plug-in to any SATA HDD & convert it to USB drive; although not tested it with other drives)

> Although this dosen't strictly apply, I have a collection of about 1000 DVD's; I'm plannig to transfer all content to HDD's (internal or external); but I'm strapped for cash so plan is on hold for time being.

Facebook share from "Asanka Amarasinghe": https://www.facebook.com/asanka.amarasinghe.503/posts/170215966503900

Twitter share with Twitter handle @asankac: https://twitter.com/asankac/status/378029012141867008

My Rig:

Intel 3570K + CM 212 Hyper Evo, ASUS Maximus V Formula, 8GB Cosair Vengence, Cosair Force GT 120GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 660, 2TB WD Black HDD

I got a seagate 1tb hdd and a samsung ssd 128gb pro. 

and im running out of space fast in my hdd because of all my animes. :( that makes me super sad :(