WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Currently running a 1tb Samsung F3 and two ide drives, yeah you read that right, still using IDE because I simply NEED the space. They max out at about 20-30mbs and are a 320gb and 120gb.

I'm running what I'm running because I just simply don't have enough money and the 1tb was on sale for about 50 bucks when I did have some.

If you can't tell, one of those drives would really save my bacon right now so fingers crossed I win~

I'm currently running a MSI GT683 laptop that runs two 500GB drives in raid 0, yet they are SATA drives. this kind of scares me. I would like something more reliable such as a Western Digital SSD, enough that I wouldn't have to worry about having to back up my own videos. Kudos. 

ST3250620AS 256gb- about 5-6 years old holds all my games

WDC WD5000BEVT 512gb- taken from my old laptop, used as a media drive

and finally a Samsung 830 ssd 128gb- used as a boot drive and for programs

The ST3250620AS came out of my old core 2 duo computer, had that pc for 5-6 years but now I use that drive to hold my games. I’ve only got 10gb left of storage on that drive so I can’t get any more games :(

I took the WDC WD5000BEVT from my laptop because my laptop was booting way too slowly. The only thing the drive is good for is playing media, it’s too slow for anything else. I only have 133gb of storage left on it.

And lastly I got the SSD to boot windows because I couldn’t stand waiting 5 minutes for my computer to turn on.

I need that WD Red because I’m now limited by how much storage I have. I’m a college student so money is tight. I have another few months before I’m going to be forced to spend the money and buy one so if you could hook me up Linus that would be amazing!

Please Linus hook me up!

I'm using 120GB SSD because of fast file transfer(that I love), however I was going to buy an HDD this week tell I saw your video :D

I only have a Sandisk Extreme 240gb ssd. I got it very cheap on newegg at 149.99. I was not recommended by a friend as I went solo on my pc build. I am looking for more storage as i have downloaded several games onto the ssd and it is filling up quite quickly, as I only have 70gb left. I was hoping on buying a wd caviar black 1tb but even so i don't have the money. I know its not really that expensive, but I don't have the money. I really just need more storage. 

I use a 3tb Seagate Barracuda HDD and a 128gb Adata SX900 SSD. I use these 2 parts cause it's what I could afford during the time of my computer build and they were both on sale. I would have bought more storage but unfortunately, I just didn't have any cash left. I bought the 128gb Adata SX900 SSD because it had room to hold a bit more than what I needed to store just in case as well as storing my OS and other programs to speed up such as art programs like Photoshop and video editing programs like sony vegas and occasionally some games. I got a 3tb hdd to store all the videos that have been edited and other things such as music, anime and movies. I bought the barracuda HDD because it was a SATA 3 HDD.

When building my computer, i bought whatever i had enough money to buy (probably should have just bought everything at once). Eager to get my gaming computer up and running, my neighbor gave me a free 320Gb HDD. This is obviously not enough storage for the work i would like to get done, especially since i record all of my Battlefield 3 gameplay :P In attempt to get as much storage in my system as possible (I do not have the money to buy dem hard drives) I took out the hard drives out of two old laptops in my home, stripped the data, and installed it into my system. To go on top of that, my case does not have mounting holes for the small 2.5in laptop hard drives, so they are just hanging in there on one screw......

I recently bought a pretty beefy gaming pc, but shied away from the storage aspect because of the cost. I'm currently running a single 500 gb wd black running at 7200rpm. My fathers pc has two 1tb wd blacks and he said he loves them, so naturally, I took my his advice and ended up with what I have now. I'm loving what it offers in terms of speed, but after the steam summer sales my hard drive I getting pretty full. Would love to get my hands on abrand spanking new hard drive

In my desktop 4 1tb wd black hdd in raid 10, a 2tb green drive that is slowing dying (to many bad sectors), a crappy 160 gb hdd for random os install testing. I went with the raid 10 because I just lost almost 2tb worth of data from a dead hdd so needed redundancy but I also wanted a speed boost over normal hdds. At some point I might add some ssds in as well, maybe running raid 0. Eben though its not an ssd the boot time is wonderful, my post takes longer. 

running off of an external hard drive ( case ripped out forgot the model name but its a WD ) 300GB 5400 RPM

i wish i had more room :L

( and the money lol )

the reason why I'm running this is because I didn't know that I would have or need a lot of room but since the steam summer sale it's been hectic for my hard drive

I am currently running a 90gb hdd in my computer and desperately need a new one :( I had this setup/hard drive because I just took it out of an old computer and put it into a new one I built/modified. And I also did it because it was the cheapest option.

I run two 128GB Adata SX900's, one of which is a boot drive and the other is for programs and applications

I have one WD black 2TB, A WD blue 1TB and a WD blue 500GB

Too much storage for my own good

I have two computers, both on SSD's, one 128GB and the other 256GB(2 x 128GB) Raid 0, the thing I lack is a big central storage device.  All I have now is old External Hard Drives lying around where I have backups and video files.  I also have a server with Dual Xeon Processors (No HDD's yet) which I would like to turn into a storage server where I can have all my Movies, Music, Videos and most importantly a place to back up data.

I am an Entry-Level Videographer with only a 40 gb SSD for Windows 7 Pro, a 128 gb ssd for the Adobe CS and only 1.5 TB of HDD Space for raw video... (not enough room, that typically holds 75% of a project before I have to render out everything and delete the Raw Video Files in order to make space for the rest of the project). 4 TB sure would be nice. 

I have a 256GB Samsung SSD for boot and all software installation. The computer feels 10x faster with the SSD running all the software but when it comes to my data storage music/movies I am using a WD black 2TB drive which is almost full now :( which gives me reasonable speed and big space compared to the SSD.

I have a single Mac Mini running as a makeshift NAS (Hate all you want about Apple products, but the 11 watts on idle is pretty amazing). The Mac Mini has a 64GB Crucial M4 and a 500GB internal hard drive, which is really enough for my needs. Software-wise, it's running as a Plex and file server, as well as running software for my home security system. I upgraded the RAM to 16GB, which is currently just being used as a cache for the hard drive. 

For any large data archiving, I use an external 1TB drive that I mostly just use for older data. I barely plug it in, since I've had an external drive die on me before, and I don't want to "use up it's lifetime." (Paranoid, I know...)

All my remaining desktops and laptops only have SSD's installed. My main gaming desktop is using a 128GB Samsung 840 Pro, and currently have less than a gig left (games take up huge amounts of space :/ ).

My laptop is using a 128GB Crucial M4, which is also running out of room.

What I run on my first build is a 500gb WD hard drive and that's was that because I don't have the money to buy anymore storage but for the build i am making right now it will have 1tb WD hard drive and again that's that because not that I don't truest ssd but they are really pricing

I run my setup to game. I run my setup to socialize. I run my setup for the drafting programs I use at home as well as at school. I run my setup to learn, because the computer building/setting up process is one of the most educational things I've ever done. All I got on my setup though... Is an SSD. It's nice, it's fast, but it's small. Where am I to put all the things I create? Nowhere, that's where.

I currently have a desktop running off of a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD for the amazing boot times and quick response on many of my most used programs on my SSD. I have a Western Digital Black 1TB for all my pictures, videos, games, installation setup files, and other documents and content. I also have a generic Western Digital 320GB hard drive dedicated to video recording my games from time to time using fraps. In addition, I have a Western Digital Passport SE 1TB external hard drive to backup my important files like pictures and videos.

Recently, I've been finding that it's very inconvenient to have my backup stored on the external hard drive (as many times I want to access my files such as pictures to show friends and/or family, I'm not at home and didn't think to bring my external hard drive along). And I find that 1TB is not enough storage space to backup all the pictures and videos I have. As a result, I've been considering about building a home NAS running either at Raid 1 or Raid 10 so then I can have access to my files from anywhere as long as I'm connected to the internet and to also double up as a backup for my files! However, the price of the Western DIgital Reds have been keeping me away since they will be more than half of the cost of the NAS computer. I'm a big fan of Western Digital as you can see with the amount of WD drives I have and it would be awesome if I could implement my NAS sooner, rather than later :D

Facebook share from Darrick Teng: https://www.facebook.com/darrick.sai.lo/posts/4758879868805

Twitter share with Twitter handle @DarrickSaiLo: https://twitter.com/DarrickSaiLo/status/377976543844130816

i am currently using a 1TB HDD im not sure of the brand and its almost full atm i cannot afford to but a second HDD so i would love to win one of these

i am currently using a 1TB HDD im not sure of the brand and its almost full atm i cannot afford to but a second HDD so i would love to win one of these

Sorry for double post internet lagged and posted twice just editing this one

I have a 1 Terabyte Western Digital Blue setup on a new system i am trying to work it in to a server configuration. I was going for the blues for 1, you recommended them in a lot of your Videos and 2, they're easy and cheap. Was looking into SSD's but too expensive for the requirements we were trying to get and started raising money. My OS is on the same drive and only have 1 drive so it would mean a lot to me my brother who really love your channel and love your shows! I also currently have a 1 Terabyte WD My Passport for backups.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/huntersharpe69/posts/563208910406200 (Hunter Sharpe) - https://www.facebook.com/huntersharpe69

Twitter: https://twitter.com/intronate67/status/377970539924443137 (@intronate67) - https://twitter.com/intronate67

Another Forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507513/western-digital-4-tb-red-hardrive-giveaway/

Thanks again for setting up this giveaway i know it takes a lot to do it and i salute you!

-intronate67

Right now I use a 7200 rpm 200gb drive for my boot drive and a 5400rpm 1.5 terabyte as a backup and storage drive. Right now I care less about my hard drive then I do about my cpu which is getting upgraded next month, if funds permit.

Twitter share with Twitter handle: @TCoff_man https://twitter.com/TCoff_man/status/377984322218643456

I have 3x3TB drives in a FreeNAS box (raid 5) for media storage, family photos, backups, etc. The reason I got this was because honestly external drives were slow (basically only usb2 was available at the time), not big enough, and relatively expensive. After going through 2x external drives I figured I may as well invest in a NAS rather than another external drive that i'd be unable to expand in the future. Plus, it was the first PC I built :D

On my gaming rig I have a Samsung 840 250gb (which filled up rather quickly), and a 4tb (seagate :E ) drive partitioned as 3+1TB. The first, faster partition is used for game capture with dxtory (one day i'll have a bf3/4 gif that will make it all worth it), and the last TB is for steam game overflow. Recording while reading from games on that partition makes the videos a bit choppy though, so a second drive to separate things would be cool! If I win this, I'll probably sell the current seagate 4TB (it's kinda loud at night), buy a second 4TB red, and RAID0 them.

One thing I should get around to doing is to free up some space on the SSD and shrink the partition a bit. I'd rather have the performance last than have 20gb more of ssd.

I only have a Green WD 2TB for my storage games and videos but i would really love to win so i wont have to worry any more about running out of space.