Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

1. Im currently running 4 wd blue 500gb drives in raid 10. It's completely impractical but i literally had them sitting under my bed. I totally forgot about them and they were just collecting dust. I've been running them for almost 3 years now and they just keep going.

2. Facebook share from (Jared Meredith): (https://www.facebook.com/jtm2255/posts/498126436944908)

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @jaredETech: (https://twitter.com/jaredETech/status/377909314351931392)  

I use two 136GB 15K SCSI drives. One is my main boot drive which I use for my Windows 7 partition and then I use the other as a backup/steam/backup OS drive. These were originally set up in RAID with an LSI raid card but I need more storage and was less interested in speed.

My storage configuration

Desktop-

One Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 160gb for boot and user files.

One Samsung Spinpoint 5400 rpm 40gb for downloads and movies.

One Seagate GoFlex 5400 rpm 1tb external hard drive for files I need transferred or stored externally.

I use this setup to ensure my downloads, movies and personal data are separate from the main system hdd and to have my files with me wherever I am.

Laptop-

One Seagate Momentus 5400 rpm 60gb for everything.

I use this because it was a decent size for what I needed at the time I bought it and I use my desktop and external drive more.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 4

On my pc I use 2 256gb SSDs in raid 0 for my OS games and active files I store all my bulk files over 2x500gb WD pocket drives and 3x 1tb (random brands) desktop drives. I use this configuration to keep me organized and to keep my pc clear for games and active media, but I intend to buy 2 4tb WD reds for raid 1 for backup and bulk storage. The raid 0 on the 2 SSDs is so I have the space I Used regularly on previous PCs and so far it has served be well but to be honest I would prefer to have 4 SSDs in raid 0+1 so I can swap out bad drives as it comes up without any worry, but i would still want the pair of NAS drives just in case. Currently the $200+ price tag is all that is stopping me but I hope this black friday/ cyber monday I can get the 2 drives I desire. If i'm lucky It would be beneficial to receive one from this giveaway, thank you for your time and have a nice day.

twitter: https://twitter.com/AltBluLP/status/377903638271635456

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LawWaitt

I posted it on the long bio on my twitch.tv page, that might count... anyway twitch.tv/altblu

PS. you can never have enough storage or security 

Im in the process of configuring my 1st desktop! Money is kind of tight and storage would probably only be about 500gb right now which as a gamer is not nearly enough! C'mon WD and Linus help a broke college student out would ya!

I am currently running a 1 terabyte Seagate Barracuda HDD in a computer i made myself. I was making a budgeted build so I got this storage because it was cheap.

Mhh..

Would be awesome to get my hands on one of these red drives because my green drives died over the past two month.

Used to run a Server with 3 2TB green drives and a 300GB raptor, now down to just the raptor HDD.

im running a 240gb corsair nuetron gtx for a boot drive and the steam games i play the most.  also i have 2 WD Black 2TB drives in raid 1 for a back up of the ssd and mass storage( 60+ games in steam library). when i build my system everyone i talked to said to get nothing but these drives 

I built my PC on a budget back in late 2011, so hard drives were still rather expensive but i got a Seagate 1tb drive.  Ended up having terrible speeds, my boot is slow, its noisy and i don't like it very much.  But as im on a budget and need a new CPU, I cannot lash out on an EVO or a new drive. I also lately bought a 60gb Fujitsu boot drive which im unhappy about due to it breaking in the first week I had it (some random malfunction) but I got a replacement.  So all in all, im not to happy with my storage setup.  As a budget build though, all the parts were cheap and on paper, pretty good but now its just a ghetto setup that im looking to change soon.

ATM i have a 2TB samsung that came stock with my pc and for backups i have a vary old 250GB samsung that i use for backups the reason for this setup it just plain i will never ever be able to afford anything better than this.

not sure how to use twitter 100% yet https://twitter.com/brenonbenn (@brenonbenn)

I have 1 160gb and a 110gb (2.5 inch hdd)in jbod and a ocz vertex le 100gb ssd as boot because the 3.5 hdd I have are from 2006 so probably on Their last legs and they are very loud and get hot.

Haha i use a 2 70 gb drives a 160gb and a 360 gb drive cos i robbed them out of my old pc's and i spent the remainder on my graphics hehe :)

For my personal storage configuration I use a 120gb Samsung 840 SSD and an old SATA 2 1TB Seagate Barracuda for Storage. I use the hard drive because it came with my first pre-build pc, that I just updated time by time. For me this was to slow, so I decided to buy a SSD. I heard many ggood things about the Samsung ones, and it was cheap, so Idecided to buy it. 

You can see my build log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31584-razers-edge/ It was build log of the week.

I am currently running a 250gb Hitachi 7200rpm drive. I am running this because I have just built a pc and havent had the time nor money to get a bigger storage device.

Currently using 2x 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD's in RAID-0 as my boot drives due to my speed addiction and need for a responsive computer for my daily tasks, and use a Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive to store all my music, photos, documents and games as they take up a metric butt-tonne of space and don't want to use too much space on the SSD setup. Been meaning to get some form of backup storage but don't really have the cash at the moment and working my ass off in college. Lost 770GB of music back in 2009 and don't want that to happen again!

// i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz // Noctua NH-D14 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (2x 8GB ) // 2x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD RAID-0 Boot // Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm Steam / Data Drive // Gigabyte Z77X-D3H // Corsair TX850 // ASUS DirectCU II GTX 670 4GB OC // CoolerMaster HAF X nVidia // QPAD MK-80 // Logitech G700 // Windows 8 Professional x64 //

Great give away perfect timing. I could really use some WD's for my NAS.

1: I have a Apple MacBook Pro with a Kingston SVP200 240gb, the SSD was given to me for doing some work for my friend. After i got it i saw you reviews of the Samsung 840 and was kind of sad I didn't got one of those.

I have a Synology 413 (if you want storage go big ;) for mass storage current have 2x WD Red 3tb and 2x WD Green 2TB. The WD Red was by your recommendation, and the WD green are old drives i had lying around (WD red was not available at that time). The 2x WD Green has a S.M.A.R.T error, so in some point i have to save up for some new WD Reds.

I configured the Synology to the SHR (synology hybrid RAID), I believe that it is the same as RAID 5, for both max storage and decent failure prevention.

2: Facebook username dylfendotdk

3: Tweeter @dylfen

1. I currently run a 1TB Western Digital Esseentials External Drive hooked up to my Smart TV to store media content, a 750GB Seagate Barracuda hooked up to my Raspberry Pi running XBMC and a 250GB WD Caviar in my rather ancient warhorse of a PC. Recently lost a 1TB Hitachi drive and contained data - so considering a switch to SSD in the future. All these drives are maxed out - I'm something of a hoarder!! Prefer WD drives through experience no - not that I am being a sycophant or anything.

3. https://twitter.com/RichardTracz1/status/377911411843690496

only a 2tb hard drive because when i got my computer that the only stoage i could afford at that time