WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Here is my PC-Storage-Setup:

1x 120 GB Samsung 840 Series SSD 

1x 640 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 6GB/s

2x 320 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 3GB/s (RAID-0)

On my SSD i have the OS and the Programs because i need the Speed, i like the fast bootup and this SSD increases the startup of all my Applications so much.

The second HDD my Western Digital Caviar Black 6GB/s is runnig my Games because it's fast and i dont want to put them on my SSD, you know why :) On this HDD is also my private Stuff, like Pictures etc.

2x 320GB Western Digital Caviar Blue in RAID-0 for my Recodings of Gameplays and Let's Plays because i need the Speed for the Recording (225MB/s Write 220MB/s Read). 

It would be awesome if i win this 4TB Western Digital Red HDD because i need more Storage for my recorded Games and Music, and im actually looking for a NAS, so this would be perfect for the NAS.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/webprinz/posts/585320024865732

Twitterlink: https://twitter.com/webprinz/status/377807609719291905

I have a simple 320Gb Sata Western Digital for the operating system and storage, nothing else. Is shit but is what i have and i have to deal with it.It works great but is short in space.

That's all. I need more space!!

I have a 4 year old rig now with 2 x 500gb drives, 1 really old WD and 1 newer seagate. But have plans in the works to upgrade to a 120gb SSD (most likely samsung 840) as a boot drive and some new spinners as well, atleast 1TB. Ofcourse ill be researching what the best options are from linustechtips youtube and forums, best concise, FREE advice out there.  

I will also be be updating to a long awaited 64 bit operating system....

Cheers, Will

160 GB Seagate 600 series SSD, 2 TB WD Green Drive (Only 200gb left). I needed something faster to launch my OS and programs, so I went with the SSD . I keep a lot of Media stored on my computer so I got the 2TB WD Green drive.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

I've just got a new desktop and I'm reusing a Samsung 840 250GB from my old build as the boot drive with some of my more frequently used files on it as well for reasons of speeeeeeeeeed. The storage drive is a WD Green 3TB because it was a good price compared to the smaller ones when I got it. My WD Elements (USB 2, 1TB) has been my external backup for many years when I thought 1TB was way overkill for my needs (it isn't). I recently added a WD MyBook Live 2TB to serve my media and other files to all the computers in my house. That's been a really useful thing to have. Wow, didn't realise I was a WD fanboy but they have been good to me so far.

At the moment i'm using a WD Caviar SE 250gb, because the computer i have is an old dell optiplex 755 wich came with a 80gb drive, and since i had that 250gb drive from another (broken) computer i just reused it.

i use a 80gb sata 2 WD for booting. And a old wd 500 mb sata 2 for storage.

Reason: cheap, and  i runned out of money when upgrading. When im laking space i use the lan storage

1 TB WD drive for both boot and storage because well i didnt know that much about PCs and thought 1 TB would be more than enough

I'm running one WD Caviar Blue 500gb hard drive because my last hard drive was a 120gb Sata1 hard drive, so just going from SATA 1 to SATA 3 was a big improvement in speed, so I felt an SSD wasn't needed. Also the high prices of a 120gb ssd (at the time I bough my PC) didn't seem to be worth it.

I've got a samsung 840 PRO SSD as my boot and regular programs drive. and a 500 GB harddrive for mass storage aswell as a network attached disk that's in my "server computer".

I've got it set up like this so my computer can boot fast and I can acces all my regular program very quickly. And then we have the 500 GB drive wich is used for mass storage and the drive in my server computer wich is used for my private moves and series library. the "server" is also running PLEX so that i can stream all my library where ever i want. 

I have a total of 4 drives in my system. 

1 x Intel 120GB 330 boot SSD that i got as a birthday present from grandma (cool grandma right?)

1 x Seagate 2TB barracuda for cheap bulk storage of movies music etc aswell as a monthly clone of the SSD - now full

1 x 750GB toshiba thing from my old laptop that serves as my dedicated Steam hard drive - now full

1 x 320GB WD laptop drive that I scavenged from a broken laptop that is used for origin and uplay - nearly full

so i only actually paid for the 2TB seagate and now desperatly need to expand my storage 

I am broke and only I have hard drive 360 gb :( , I wish that have ssd with my drive , that will be awesome 

i use a 300bg SATA 2 WD drive because i can't afford to buy any new ones right now. neither my motherboard will let me use a sata 3 on it's best speed and all this. i am sick of it's noise when i move files. i used to have a FUJITSU external 1TB hard drive where i used to keep all my files and stuff. unfortunatly the 1TB broke and i lost all my files on it. was about 930gb :)

I have a ocz petrol 64gb because it was cheap and it's quite fast, and a wd 500gb blue for storgage, but its not big enough...

I am now only using a caviar black 1 tb for my storage but I am gonna buy a 120gb samsung evo ssd and i have some games, music, windows7, text documents and photo's on it.  I only have a caviar black 1tb now because i don't have to money to buy a ssd right now. And i am running it because it is pretty fast in my opinion and it is can do almost everything i want it to do.

I am running a bunch of different storage solution.

The main set-up is a 750GB WD Scorpio Blue 54000RPM 2.5" drive, because that was what my notebook was shipped with, and I don´t want to void my warranty, yet. But in the future, if I move all of my files to external drives, I would change that out with an 256GB SSD, maybe a Samsung 840 EVO, but nothing is planned at the moment.

The second set-up I am running is on my old notebook(Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xa 3530) is 2x 250GB Seagate. The reason I run them, is because I did not a single clue, on how to have to change them, back in the day. But when one of them is dead, I will change them to 2x 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD´s running in RAID 1.

For back up I am running 5(!) devices. 1x 8 GB Kingston USB stick, for school, homework and such items. 1x 16 GB no-name(can´t remember what brand) USB stick, for private backup. Dropbox and Google drive for important(minecraft saves and family pictures) backup, and lastly a 640GB Hitachi(I know, it sucks) external drive, for the rest, but I am thinking about just format it and hook it up to my router and use it for a NAS for the whole family.

I have also a plan for a real gaming desktop, which would run a 128 GB Samsung 840PRO(or 840 EVO) as a boot drive and a 1TB Seagate Barracuda for everything else. The reason for the Samsung 840PRO drive as boot drive, is because it is known(at least here in Denmark) for be THE most reliable SSD on the marked, and I don´t want to loose my important data because I was lazy and bought a Crucial m4 (Known in Denmark as the most unreliable SSD). The Reason for the Barracuda drive was because I need a high amount of space, but I am also on a budget, ant the highest volume for the lowest price, is at the moment, in Denmark, The 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

I hope to win one of these price so I can, use the money I would have use on the barracuda to maybe buy a better GPU or a sound card(Asus Xonar).

Current Specs: CPU: Intel I5 4690K, Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR, RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz, GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: 3x Seagate Constellation ES 500GB in RAID 5, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Case: Antec LanBoy Air Blue/Black. Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate(2012), Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 1.

1. In my PC I have Samsung 840 basic 250GB which I got very cheap(used), and the price was pretty much the only reason I got it. Before that I had 3 old hard drives in JBOD(40GB IDE, 80GB and 250GB SATA). For my storage I used 2TB WD MyBook World Edition which would be pretty good if it wasn't water damaged last week, by my mom while she was watering the plants so most of my data is lost now.

2. Twitter share with Twitter handle @frankocar: https://twitter.com/frankocar/status/377805526836314112

3. Bug.hr(Croatian IT forum with around 10000 active users according to official stats) by user power_user: http://www.bug.hr/forum/topic/ostalo/veseli-kutak-bug-forum-birc--06h-22h/138628.aspx?page=738&jumpto=3839809&sort=asc&view=flat

i run a storage drive and a ssd. I dont have enough money for a larger ssd thats why haha

I have a 60GB Corsair Force 3 SSD as my boot drive as I enjoy the quick boot-ups on my rig. For my mass storage, I am running a Windows 8 Storage Space with:

1x WD 160GB Drive (I dont know which kind)

1x WD Black 320GB Drive 

1x WD Blue 500GB Drive

I run this config because I have just purchased some upgrades for my computer and I need the extra storage for my games. 

I really need the WD Reds as the Storage Space is currently running in RAID 0 and i'm scared about my data...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brandontong.wing/posts/155479294659817 (Ryan Leung)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/VancityKamFong/status/377807453926072320 (@VancityKamFong)

I use 2 intel 128gb ssd because of the fast boot time and fast load time in games, I play BF3 and can get into game faster then most witch gives me an advantage on getting a veh, and I have them set up in raid 0

1TB Caviar blue(Windows 7) + old 100gb(Windows 8.1 juz 4 de lol) HDD from my old pc. Need more storage for my Anime collection and recorded gameplay . Not necessary need SSD since i didnt turn off my pc that often. Need space rather than performance :S

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

I currently have a 120GB Sandisk Ultra SSD as my boot drive, which I use due to the reduced boot time also if I need to do a clean install of windows, 500gb Hitachi for my games and documents I run this as it has a slight performance increase to load games and programs, compared to my original 1TB WD green drive which I use for my movies,tv shows and download storage as I prefer a bigger drive so I don t have to worry about running out of space any time soon.  

1. I have a simple old computer in my processor i have only 1 core and i think it's running at 2,2Ghz. I have only one 500G SAMSUNG HDD. I have it becouse it was in this time good and cheap. It has broke and now i'm looking for new awesome modern HDD. I will be updating my computer soon ;)

2. Facebook share from Tomasz Lejkowski, TomislaV https://www.facebook.com/chce.na.impreze/posts/573255209404126

I have a WD Black 2tb as a boot drive plus it holds all my games and stuff and 2 WD Green 500gb drives which is what I originally bought when I built my system and attempted to run them in raid which didnt work to well lol. now I just have them as storage. one is filled with movies and the other has copies of all my game files and some of my program files so I dont have to redownload them if I have to reformat. I don't have the money to buy a SSD for my boot drive like I've wanted to for a while. I could really use this 4tb hdd for storage as the 3tb of total storage I have now is almost full.