WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

OK I have a 250GB WD sata hard drive I take what I can get I really I don't have any money for an SSD or anything like that I have a 2.20 DUAL GHz computer I got from my brother can't thank him enough for that from him really a good brother and I got a 9500GT from like when they brought them out mamby a couple few years after that though I have 2GB DDR 2 ram 1GB in each slot been saving my money like a mad man for a 7970 almost have enough for it it going to have 3GB vram 5 copper heat pipes the sappfire HD 7970 Overclocked ED can't wait till I get though playing games on the highest detail HD some games wont even run on my 9500 :( but keep telling my self 7970 :) 

I'm currently running a Seagate Barracuda 1tb in my custom pc build. I wanted a large amount of storage in a reliable package (and for a fantastic price!) so that's why I picked it up. I absolutely love it.

1. Built first PC in FEb 2013.  I use a 120Gb Kingston HyperX SSD for my OS and some games. My storage is a 500Gb WD for pictures and games. My storage is lacking. I have to uninstall games all the time. I need to win this giveaway.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

so what i use is my lap top has 2 SSDs in it one is for cashing for my hard drive and the other is a boot drive and then i also have a WD m,y book live so i can transfer files between my devices easier. i find that the 2 ssd and 1 hdd in my lap top is giving me more speed on the mission critical stuff like 3ds max and all of that stuff but i put all of my games on the hdd so the speed on that is nice with the cashing ssd 

At the moment, my storage system is a linux box in the basement with the following in a simple LVM array:

2xSeagate ST3200822A (200GB PATA)

1xWestern Digital WD5000AAKB-0 (500GB PATA)

1xWestern Digital WD6400AAKS-2 (640GB SATA).

The system started off as an HTPC (Running MythTV on a Socket A Athlon with 3x200GB PATA drives in, to give you an idea of it's age). Over time it's been upgraded (the 500GB drive, when the 600GB space filled), and most recently it got a new motherboard (from my old desktop PC, so AM2) and has been expanded with a spare HDD from another otherwise dead system (the single SATA drive).

I currently use an OCZ Vertex 3 as my boot drive with a couple of high end games like Battlefield 3 installed on it. I have another OCZ Vertex 2 for other games like LoL. I also have a 1TB WD green for my Spotify Playlist, Documents etc. Finally I have a 2TB WD black for my steam games and general programs like Chrome, Dreamweaver, Visual Basics.

I would also have an OCZ Vertex 450 however it's currently under RMA :D

https://twitter.com/greg1x/status/377800301148774400

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Built my first desktop in 2011, at the time the Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1Tb and the Crucial M4 128 Gb where popular and cheap. I did a lot of research, so I ended up with those in my rig for configuration with both storage and fast boot times. I regret not buying a bigger SSD, but at the time those 128Gb's where about twice as expensive as nowadays.

In addition to that, I've always had numerous external HDD's ( 2x WD Elements 1,5Tb, WD My Book Essential 2Tb and 3 Tb) Those where used to backup my data, contained all my media and photo and music libraries.

I kept buying additional drives up to a point where I had wayyyy too many cables and external enclosures laying around my computer. :)

So about 1 month ago, I decided to get a NAS.

I got the Synology DS413j, I have around 5Tb+ of data so a 4-bay would give me enough headroom and backup capability with RAID 5 (/SHR).

Getting the NAS also saved me some desk space and made my room look pretty because of the lack of cables everywhere. Everything is now centralized on 1 device, no more multiple volumes.

I put my 2Tb and 1.5Tb external in there, together with 2 new drives:

1 Seagate Desktop HDD.15 4Tb, and 1 Seagate NAS HDD 4Tb. I went Seagate only because the 4Tb reds weren't available at the time, (I'm pretty fond of WD, since I have never had any problems with my WD external drives, even after many years of service and a lot of abuse :P   :wub:

Right now my NAS space is almost saturated (1.5Tb left), and soon I will have to replace the 1.5Tb and 2Tb in there with 4Tb's.

So it would be awsome to get these reds!! :D

https://twitter.com/joske_p/status/377796387246596097

__ = Reasons

b   = Devices

Summary

Desktop with Crucial M4 128Gb + Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1Tb

Synology DS 413j with WD Green WD20EARS 2tb + WD green WD15EARS 1,5 Tb (both from external enclosures) + Seagate HDD.15 4Tb + Seagate NAS HDD 4Tb

Sandisk Cruzer 4Gb

*edit: forgot my most loyal of all storage devices! :o It's a Sandisk Cruzer 4Gb USB flash drive, which I got a got as a gift a long time ago. Been using it for school and small data transfers.

Incredible amount of entries :o Good luck everyone!

I have a dirt cheap Crucial V4 64GB SSD for my OS and my most used programs, i then i have two, 320GB Hard Drives from Hitachi that i got given from my dad, one for my Games and mass storage (or which there is very little) and the other is for my Video recordings from things like DXtory and Fraps :)

(My old, 5200rpm 1TB drive i got from an old computer i put in my girlfriends PC).

I basically just run this because its cheap, the Crucual V4 64GB only cost me around £35 (Thats around $55 USD) and even though its only SATA 3GB/s its still a vast improvement over a mechanical drive!

Hi, really enjoyed LinusTechTips CES, Computex and PAX Prime coverage.

I'm currently running a Plextor M5 Pro Xtreeme SSD for my boot drive and a 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD for my storage drive.

Reason for Plextor SSD: I choose the Plextor M5 Pro Xtreeme after reading good reviews about it and learning about its strong data integrity and enterprise class performance.

Reason for Seagate HDD: I choose the Seagate drive because it was on sale at overclockers.co.uk at the time.

I also think Plextor's promo video is amazing!

I use:

a 840 Pro 256GB as a boot drive+few programs i use heavily (like GTA4 or SR4)

a 2TB Barracuda (ST2000DM001) for general storage for practically anything

and a 1TB Barracuda (ST31000528AS) which I ext racted from an external drive simply because it looked too clumsy/not clean with the wires spewing out.

I use these in my main rig, I still have about 30GBs left on the SSD but that 1TB is filled and not much is left on the 2TB either :P

I also bought the 840 Pro, simply because i was told it was the best ssd i could buy (not ultiately best, but you get what i'm saying) and the 2TB one was offered by the salesman (i know, i know) in the computer shop over the WD Green, which i later learned out to be a drive which can fail more and is slower.

for once the salesman was correct :D

Link to an external site (OCN) http://www.overclock.net/t/1425999/linus-win-8x-wd-red-4tb-drives/0_100

good luck to all! 

Macbook Pro Early 2011 13" //// Razer Orochi 2013

Pentium G3258 /// MSI PC Mate Z97 /// Intel HD Graphics /// OCZ ModXtreme 600W /// Cooler Master "Elite" Case /// 840 Pro 128GB /// Logitech G710 /// Logitech G700s

At the moment I'm using 2 hard drives:

1x Samsung HD161HJ 160GB SATA (Old one)

1x Western Digital WD20EARX-00PASB0 2TB SATA Caviar Green (Recent)

I am using this configuration because I didn't had the money to spend on an SSD to boost up my system.

I'm off to Uni to study Comp Sci in a couple of weeks, so I was on a tight budget putting together my desktop and had to prioritise storage and backup over speed. Unfortunately I couldn't afford a boot SSD at the time but this is a likely future upgrade. I could only afford to buy a single 1TB Hitachi Ultrastar HDD because it was on sale and offered a year-long warranty (I'm hoping to buy another to put in Raid 1 for redundancy soon). As a temporary 'ghetto-style' safety measure I have a spare 250GB Freecom External Hard Drive placed into the front/bottom of my case with cable-ties securing it (just about). I'm using this to manually backup all of my important documents in preparation for uni, but it's a tedious solution. I would love to win one or more WD HDDs as a NAS solution would be perfect at uni. I am already accustomed to manually backing up data, so having an external 'cloud storage' system would be practical and mean I wouldn't have to ghetto-mod my PC just to secure important work! :)

Samsung 64GB SSD - first edition - used as a boot drive and install location for all of my main programs

WD 250GB Blue - used as a scratch disk, it also contains a copy of all my family pictures, documents and an monthly image of my SSD

WD 1TB Green - barely fits working video files, my games, anothercopy of my family pictures and movies

I could not afford a RAID, so I have to manualy copy my important files from one drive to the other  <_<

Giveaway FTW!

Well I'm gonna be all honest here about my setup. My country isn't really that friendly to those of us that want to custom build our own pc's (I live on an island in the Carribean). Anywho I got most of my systems parts due to the fact that it is cheaper (got a friend to buy and bring me a OCZ Agility 3 60GB from the US when he went on vacation so I use that as my OS drive). The rest of my system includes a measly 320gb storage drive from Samsung that I bought here (My country really likes to jack up the prices of stuff to ridiculous prices that almost double that of the initial product =/ )

So in short I have a OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD for my boot drive and an old 320gb HDD from Samsung as my main gaming/movies/steam/music storage at the moment.

I'm useing a 40GB Seagate hard drive 

Beacuse peaple ind Hungary are kind of poor

I currently have an 300GB Hitachi on my gaming laptop and a external Western Digital 750GB My Book Essential for Music, Movies, Backup. I would like to win a new hard drive so I can save up some money for the Desktop I want to build once when I get enough money for it.

Nice, lovin' all the giveaways!

I use:

-Samsung 840 120gb ssd

-OZC vertex 3 120gb ssd

-Seagate 1.5 TB hard drive

I use the 840 as my boot drive and for basic every day programs, the OCZ vertex is my main gaming drive for BF 3 etc. and the Seagate picks up the rear and stores all my media and files!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Ooooh, sweet giveaway.

My current drives are a bit of a charity bin at the moment, if I'm completely honest.

-128GB OCZ Vertex 4 as my boot/apps drive, got it from my dad who works there. Works great, but I still haven't been able to figure out if "free" drives are covered under warranty.

-1TB WD Caviar Blue, storing anything and everything related to games. Got this one cheap off a friend, but it's horribly loud. About half full now.

-1TB Samsung Spinpoint (I think?), ripped from an old LaCie external that was once used for backup. The enclosure's long dead, and I use the drive inside my rig for videos and music production projects. Although Windows has been bugging me lately, constantly telling me that it only has 25MB left in it. Was actually thinking of getting a 3 or 4TB WD Green or something until I saw the announcement for this giveaway.

Also have a 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus that I bought years back to upgrade a laptop's storage. It's currently in a cute little Kingston USB enclosure for moving files between computers, but lately it's been getting very angry with me. Makes disgruntled noises and loudly disconnects itself--it's either spiteful or dead.

Twitters: https://twitter.com/makaseo/status/377800421554679809

Facebooks: https://www.facebook.com/maikoseo/posts/10152361894007923

I use a Corsair SSD Force Series GT 120GB as a boot drive, I got it because it was on sale at the time and I wanted to get a SSD for booting my OS quickly.
I also have a Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 256GB as a fast games drive, I have the games I want to load fast on there (BF3, KSP, TF2, Rome II, Anno2070 a lot of games)

I then have 2 WD Desktop Blue 1TB for mass storage, I went with 1GB each because I wanted to seperate my storage, so on one I have 'slow games' the games where I dont care about load speed, and then the other I have for movies and documents and so on. I thought about doing RAID but I really dont need it so I ended up not doing it.

I run a Samsung 830 SSD as a boot drive. I also got a WD2500 250gb and another 1TB HDD i dont know the name of :S

Well the ssd is obviously for the fast boot and the other drives i got for storage. The 250gb WD lives for 6-7 years know because i always keept my drives and swapped only the other things around.

Twitter @Daetwit : https://twitter.com/Daetwit/status/377802909640949760

I run a 250 gig boot/games ssd and a 1 tb wd black as mass storage (honestly, its still not enough) 

why am I running this? cause I originally just had the 1 tb, but recently upgraded to a boot/games drive so now i just use the black as storage (cause I can't afford anything bigger), however i'd like more space to consolidate all of my files.

So erm where do I start. I have two Seagate drives one 300 GB and one 500 GB these were pulled out of old sky satellite TV boxes and used to finish off my PC, due to not having enough funds remaining for a hard drive, and being a student all my money is spent on travel to and from college.

300 GB drive for boot and 500 GB for my every growing steam collection. 

I have this setup due to it being the only option i had.

Thanks for the great giveaway Linus. 

I have around 10 external hard drives ranging from 320 GB to 3TB.  This is because I have a laptop and I somehow became the family's videographer.  All my hard drives are USB except one which is a NAS.  I have the most important stuff backed up but random photographs and videos are not.

I usually just get whatever is the cheapest price per gigabyte.

I'm currently running with one Western Digital Blue 1tb drive for storage and games. I'm using this storage configuration because, I needed a decent amount of space (so didn't go with ssd's) for a reasonable price, because I'm a poor college student and can't afford more storage.