WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I´m using 1x500gb SATA 3 from Toshiba, its enougth for me but i have much crap on my pc so it gets full .... when i do photo or video edtiting it gets full to but what i mostly hate is that i have not enougth space for recording games ... it was enought until i had soooo much games and all that stuff i thought it would be the same like with my old pc.... ok 500gb is good but not more enougth for me

Facebook Arian Woldach : https://www.facebook.com/arian.woldach/posts/433081516809265

CPU: INTEL Core i7-4960X MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition RAM:  32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133MHz GPU: 2 x Galaxy GTX690 HDD: 128GB Samsung 840Pro SSD, Asus RAIDR 240GB PCI-SSD, 1TB WD Black PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 10 1000W Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D  

I am running as boot drive a Intel SSD 520 120GB, because it's fast and a friend told me that it's good. For storage I use a old Samsung 750GB which I got with my old aio PC, it's pretty loud and slow but it works and I didn't have to spend extra money on a storage drive.

I don't really have a RAID setup, nor do I own a desktop but I do have a lot of content stored in 2 Seagate 2TB external HDDS. It would be great to finally get a RAID setup, would finally allow me to back up all my content. 

i am using an SSD by Intel for booting OS of 120 GB, a 1TB external USB2.0 by buffalo (old one) for movie collection, another 1TB external USB 3.0 by LaCie for back-ups because i want my back ups to be as fast AS POSSIBLE! my old boot drive that now is for viral storage is a 300-320GB (not sure) drive by Samsung and finally a 500GB for movies and songs unknown brand tho :P Now i run my OS of an SSD because i read in a couple places that Using an SSD as cache could decrease it's life by a significant amount and i'm a poor boy so due to cost of those SSDs i would prefer doing it as a boot drive than something like storage for the speed. So i don't mind loading times much, but if i could i would run only SSDs, never raid 0 coz i'm laziest person on earth so don't want to reinstall everything and i have only 4 Mb/s broadband speed which is expensive! The rest drive are only there for safe storage :S except the 500GB one i mentioned, i use that as a default installation path and programs run of that! :P Greetings from Cyprus and sorry for my English, George

Facebook share bye George Germanos (i have a nice suite one :P ): https://www.facebook.com/Georgeano91/posts/4787530546719

Twiter Post by George Germanou [@Georgeano91] (I love WoW!) : https://twitter.com/Georgeano91/status/377792278477021184

And.... Wowhead post on forums by Georgeano91: http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=219890&p=3484037

I am useing a 1TB WD Blue because I was on a budget and I don`t have monney to buy an SSD

now i runing intel 330 120GB ssd as boot and 1 2TB hitachi, 2 2TB seagate 7200rpm and 1 3TB wd green

I will be running a 1tb seagate barracuda had drive, and a kingston 3k 240gb ssd, once the parts for my new build arrive. I'm planning to use my ssd for OS + much played games (240gb was the max I could fit in my budget), and my HDD for storage, (because it's cheaper+ I never filled my old 1tb HDD (to store offfice files+ games i don't play that much). I don't have a NAS or external HDD, because I don't have use or space for it.

You can either agree with me, or be right.

right now i'm using an old 120 gig ocz vertex ssd to run windows, premiere and photoshop (because that's what i could afford at the time and i'm not reinstalling everything all over again XP). Then i use a wd 1tb black for my games and other programs (just because it's the best all around tool for the job), next a toshiba 256 gig for recording with dxtory (needed really fast affordable storage so i don't need to run a raid array or compile rawcaps. had to be more than 120 gigs because 15-20 minutes of footage is like 100+ gigs) and an older 320 gig wd red for rendered video storage (didn't need to be fast, just hold videos for upload). finally a 120 gig samsung 840 for my hackintosh install with an old oem 320 gig hard drive for storage within osx. (because the 840 was on sale at microcenter for dirt cheap and i had the old hard drive laying around)

1. I have one 3tb that I bought because the 1tb that I took from an "old" external didn't have enough space for my ever expanding steam game collection(420 games atm) and some games on Origin and Uplay. And the 1tb i took from an external was because my old drives died and I sold my way to small 60gb 1st gen Crucial M4 SSD. I also have a somewhat hotswappable USB3 thing that I can plug my HDD's into when I go places, since I'd rather just plug out my HDD and throw it in a bag instead of copying hundreds of GB's of data if I want entertainment wherever I'm going (socialize.. what's that?)

3. Twitter share @The_picow: https://twitter.com/the_picow/statuses/377795664878379008

I have a Hackintosh but also a Windows drive (gaming)

2x Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB (Raid 0 Mountian Lion)

1x 3TB WD 3Tb Green for Mac Storage

1x 1TB WD 1TB Blue for Windows Drive

1x WD 1TB Passport for backup and for taking my school project to school and back (I know it is MEGA overkill but getter to have more than less!)

I use my SSD so that is amazing speed and also i do video editing so need that write speed, And you cant beat the speed of WD drives and that amazing capacity of the is the best!

I am running a 250GB Samsung Series SSD as the boot drive due to the improved performance as compared to a regular 7200rpm HDD even though it is not the best of drives in terms of performance benchmarks. The second drive in the system is an old 320GB 7200rpm WD drive, which is currently being used as a backup drive for the SSD because HDDs have a lower mean time to failure. I would like to use the system as a VM host because it would help with the research that I currently do at my university and also use it as a media server, which would require a large amount of storage; however, due to the cost of attending school, I cannot currently afford a long-term redundant storage solution to realize the system's goals.

I have a Kingston SSDNow v300 120 GB and a HDD 250 GB Seagate.

I use my SSD as boot drive (Becasue SPEED) and the HDD for random stuff. 

I got them for free :P (job leftovers)

I've got one 64gb crucial ssd because my friends suggested I buy one, don't have any hard drive for storage because of a lack of money.

Awesome giveaway!!! Don't think I have a chance but anyways, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

MY configuration is one 240GB SSD as boot and storage for software, and one 1TB WD GREEN as a storage for output of the works that I have done and movies!!!!

I think that most people will have similar configuration, becuase it is the best solution for a budjet machine

I'm running 2 Intel 520 120GB ssd's in RAID 0 as boot drive containing only OS and programs. Due to the fact my pc does not have SATA 6Gb/s I opted for 2 ssd's to get the 500MB/s, and choose Intel for the reliability.
For all my data I have a 4 Seagate barracuda 1TB (they were cheaper then the WD black's, and never had any problems with Seagate. Still have my first Seagate barracuda 160Gb :D) running in RAID 10 on the on-board raid-controller, this for a total of 2TB data storage with a decent read and write speed. Needed the internal storage for all my photo and video data. (<-- amateur photographer over here)

I am using my QNAP TS-469L NAS with a 3TB WB Red as mass storage and a Seagate barracuda 1.5TB containing a 1-on-1 copy of all my data of my raid 10 array.

Next to all this I make a backup off all my data every 3 moths on an external Seagate drive. (as raid is not a replacement for backup ;) )

I was planning on getting some more WD red's for my NAS as the available drives are for 80% full. And would like to use a RAID-5 with 4 WD reds.

SPECS: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | G.SKILL DDR4-3600 CL16 (4x8GB) | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | Asus STRIX RTX 2080 Super OC | Samsung 980 Pro (OS)| Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Games) | Samsung 870 Evo (Data)
Peripherals: 1x Dell UltraSharp U3415W | 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM | Edirol MA-15D | Sennheiser HD598 | G512 CARBON | Logitech G502

Hi linus forums! this is my first post here.

My setup is pretty simple.

I have a 120gb intel ssd for boot and for priorty games. (League of Legends, and whatever mmo I happen to be playing at the time xD)

I also have a 340gb wd blue that I bought refurbished at the time of building my pc, for mass storage. Much to my anticipation it was not enough. So now it serves as a backup drive of my ssd.

I recently bought a 3tb seagate hdd for mass storage, and unfortunately I am quite dissapointed in it. It has a three to ten second wait everytime I try and browse my files (OS: windows7 home premium).

I don't actually have anything I could do with a wd red, I just wanted to post my storage config. Good luck everyone. :D

now if only linus was giving away some wd blacks. ;) ;) ;)

I have a Intel 520 240GB SSD, because it was the highest performing SSD at the time and it has a 5 year warranty. I have a Seagate Barracuda 3TB and a WD Red 3TB as storage drives, both are more than 50% full because I've been recording gameplay to them. I got the WD Red because I was running out of space on my Seagate and I'm planning on building a storage server in the future.

Twitter: @freddi_nylund https://twitter.com/freddi_nylund/status/377794539609538560

Facebook: Freddi Nylund https://www.facebook.com/freddi.nylund/posts/569235743136329

I have on my system an Crucial M4 256 SSD for boot and some of the game that I play. Next I have a WD 250 GB HDD that I had for more than 7 years now and still  works fine, and another WD HDD 750 GB green drive that I got about 2 years ago.

I need a backup drive, I don't whant to lose all my pictures and recording that I did over the years but I can't aford it now.

thanks for the chance to win and good luck to all of you!

I have a 500gb seagate barracuda. I got it cause i dont really need anything with more memory and cant afford anything with more memory.

Hard drive will always has a place in my setup because I simply can't afford more SSD memory and also WD has always been my go to because it so reliable 

I have an Intel 320 80GB sdd for boot drive, a 230GB seagate HDD for media, 320Gb WD caviar blue for games and 500GB Samsung F3 for downloads and some games. I have this configuration because i buy storage as I'm needing. If I could spend more, I'd like to make some RAID config for storage(RAID 1) or get a NAS for backup of the computers here at home.

2. Facebook share from Gonçalo Delgado: https://www.facebook.com/goncalo.delgadoSS/posts/628541953857608

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @GDSnakehttps://twitter.com/GDSnake/status/377797090673299456

I will soon be getting a machine with a 128Gb ssd drive to boot windows for speed, It will have a 1TB Green drive for my games on steam, videos, audio (music and voice recordings) and rendered videos for youtube. I also have a 500GB inferno external hard drive that typically holds my videos etc for back-up. Other than that I also have a 500GB cloud back up with livedrive for all my university work just incase I loose the data on my current hard drive!

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Rogue2957/status/377795796868952064

I have 2 1TB WD Blue's in my system on RAID 0.  I use this only to store all of my games.  I have the actual saved data backed up on a 2 TD external HDD connected to my router as a makeshift NAS.  The external HDD is also where I store my music and video collection so that it can be accessed by my desktop, laptop, phone, ps3, etc.  I also have a 64GB SSD to run my OS system on.  I got it a while ago when SSDs where a lot more expensive so I'm looking to upgrade that soon.  

Thanks for all of the giveaways Linus!

Currently I am using 2 ssds in my MacBook Pro. Both are 256gb Samsung 830s and I am running them in raid 0 for performance. I also have a 6tb seagate 220 NAS that keeps all of my videos and games.