WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Currently running a 500GB in my media center and a 1TB hard drive in my gaming computer. I am running the media center off the 500GB because I had one lying around and a 1TB in my gaming computer because at the time that was the second biggest drive you could buy.

I use samsung 840 120gb for windows and programs that have a long loading time (premiere, photoshot).

Then i use 320gb for general storage and recorded media.

And i use 200gb for games.

I would love to have one 1tb for video editing data and games.

1. I have a desktop machine pretty old one but it's still does it's job. In it I have two Western Digital Caviar Black drives, one of them is a 750GB which I use for Windows, programs, games and music and the second one is a 640GB which I use for downloads and sort of a backup. The reason I use Western Digital Caviar Black is because I went on their website I saw the lineup and between the greens, the blues and the blacks, the blacks looked like they were the best. So I ended up buying two of them.

2. Twitter share @DumitruAli https://twitter.com/DumitruAli/status/377786100023963649

At the moment I'm running a Samsung 120GB 840 series SSD as my main boot drive, the reviews i read about it said it was really reliable and it was also one of the most affordable options for me. The boot speeds and load times are great. I also have a WD caviar blue 1TB for my files and main storage, as it was quite cheap and also supposedly a better choice over some of the seagate drives. 

(As you can tell, i really looked for reliability as the last thing i wanted was for a HDD/SSD to go bust on me in a year, along with all the data on it, as I've got no way to back files up at the moment)

I run a Toshiba 1TB 2.5" HDD as I have a laptop and I was running out of space with my 500GB drive as I'm a movie hoarder.

That's all but I plan on turning the older desktop downstairs into a NAS using something like FreeNAS.

My Twitter Share(@Alexprkns7): https://twitter.com/Alexprkns7/status/377788023691173888

My Facebook Share: https://www.facebook.com/alex.perkins.16/posts/506016896140204

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

hi ,, i'm having 128GB HDD(yes, it's HDD not SSD and it's all of it ) in my only computer and thats because i didn't do any upgrades since 5 years ... and i cant afford 1 or 2 TB of storage... true story :)

I'm using a 128GB Samsung SSD for everything on my laptop simply for performance and i have a NAS with a WD 2TB Red to store all my other files which i chose after watching the video Linus made demonstrating the products.

I currently boot off a 1TB Seagate Barracuda as I tend to install a fair number of games, never considered an SSD a viable option since I really don't have much to spend - I have an external 3TB Seagate Barracuda which is primarily used for storing my Anime, however I hope to be able to get two 4TB's for a RAID 1 configuration so I don't have to worry so much about my drive suddenly dying and losing it all.

Hi.. 
I'm using Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS Hard Drive - 1 TB 5400 RPM 64 MB Cache SATA 2 with 3.0 GB/s transfer rite. 
I'm using this setup because in Latvia is very hard to buy any good Hard Drive fro good prize, because all cost 20-30 $ more than it should be. 
I rly hope that I will be able to win, because I was "able" (must) to upgrade my mother board because of my research work for school. I was testing low prize video cards , and one time my mother board didn't recognize Nvidia GT 210 video card, and when I put in back my gtx 650 , it was showing only black screen... I had to buy a new mother board with all my collected money for my Hard drive...
I hope you understand...

Martin Ciekurs, 
from Latvia :)

I am using a 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 as a boot drive, a 2TB Samsung drive, a 2TB Seagate drive, and recently I've added a 4TB Seagate drive, all of which I got on sale. I've wanted to upgrade the ssd and get a NAS for a raid 5, however since I recently graduated college with massive loans, I cannot just yet. I have 8TB because I have a massive amount of media files as well as a large game library so a raid 5 or 6 would be what I'd be looking at in the future.

i have a 297 GB 5200 rpm hatatchi hard drive as a storage salvaged from my killed console,deal with it B) , as a boot and a 298 GB 7200 rpm WD red salvaged from my grandpas' pc i salvaged for stuff.        As you can see i've never bought a HD because i dont and probably wont have enogh money for a decent storage and media drive because ive been following for 2 years im 14 my parents wont buy me a HD

i am using an ocz agility 3 60 gb ssd and a 2 tb toshiba hdd (got from a broken external drive from my friend) i am love to spend in my pc but i dont have enough earning

facebook share from Akhil Tu :https://www.facebook.com/akhilfastgamer/posts/515906998499371

Twitter share @tuakhil :https://twitter.com/tuakhil/status/377789597243043840

google plus  AKHIL TU  :https://plus.google.com/u/0/100587911860586607167/posts/aqRX7eZ6E9W

I run a 160gb hdd in my setup, it was my favorite 2.5 hdd. I use mainly for games and movie watching. Usually because of space limitation i would delete the movies i already watch and would get new ones. I also use it for my word documents for school writing papers 24/7!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/darthmon26 (William Roach)

I have a 60gb kingston SSD and a 1TB WD blue, right now i'm using the SSD as my boot drive, but i didnt like it much, because its a such a small SSD i cant really put anything besides windows in it, so basically i only see a difference in boot time... which is like once a week, so as soon as i get some free time i'm going to swap windows back to the HDD and use my SSD as a game drive.

1. I have a Samsung 830 series 256GB ssd for boot, all programs and my favorite and most often played games (my steam library is split across two drives). I then have a Western Digital Green 640GB hdd for all of my other storage such as pictures and movies, gameplay recordings and the rest of my steam library. When I got my first custom build pc it was second hand and had a single drive in it, the dw green 640gb, after learning more about pc's I upgraded a few things like the graphics card to get the systems gaming performance up to scratch. I then wanted to have an ssd and had enough money for a 256gb drive at the time and the 830 seemed like the best option at the time.

I don’t have an external drive simply because all of my important data is on a cloud, like my photo's, and all of my other data can be lost and I wouldn't really care.

2. Facebook share from Lloyd Priest (I didn't know how to share the post properly so I just screenshot it): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21929830/Facebook%20WD%20Share.jpg

3. Twitter share from @Lloyd1326: https://twitter.com/Lloyd1326/status/377789719314055168

System specs: Antec 100 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Asus p8-Z77-V | Corsiar Vengeance Blue 1600mhz 8GB | XFX 7970 Double Dissipation Ghz Edition | Samsung 830 256gb SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Green | Corsair TX-650 | Acer 24" V243HQ + Dell Ultrasharp something 17" 4:3 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow | Razer Deathadder 2011 | Beyerdynamic DT 440 

I have a set up with a pair of 128 GB Sandisk SSDs, (Non Raid), and a Western Digital 1 TB Black drive.  The configuration I have right now is for Video editing, but since its mostly just a hobby still, I haven't gone out of my way to get an array that is truly optimized for "Hard core" video work.

That being said, I have the first 128 GB SSD as a boot drive and my editing software, as well as office, etc.  The second drive I use to store video clips of the projects I'm currently working on.  The WD Black drive I use to store my games, as well as keep a copy of all of my finished projects from the past.  I also have a 1 TB external drive that I use for backup.

Thank you Western Digital and Linus!

I run a seagate barracuda (I believe it's called that) 1tb 7200rpm because it seemed like a reasonable choice and it's been good untill now (it's started acting up quite frequently). I don't have an SSD because I think they are too expensive for the amount of storage you get, which is minimal, I will probably get one in the future though.

https://twitter.com/YouNickedMyNick#

i have a kingston hyper X 3k 120gb SSD as a boot drive, for fast boot ups and launching programs. for games and music storage i have a 1tb WD blue drive, as better speeds than the green, but not as expensive as a black, and an old seagate 500gb drive that i had laying around for general storage. aswell as a 250gb external hdd for transporting stuff. i also re-purposed an old machine as a NAS using Nas4Free os, unfortunately it olny has an old 250gb drive in it  :(

My current setup is a 750gb 7200rpm seagate boot drive, and 2 WD external 1TB HDD's. I'm running this setup because I move around a lot and I have quite a large media archive. I'd love to win because I'm running out of storage.

I also made a thread over at OCN, I'm sure they'll appreciate this giveaway, http://www.overclock.net/t/1425986/wd-linus-and-wd-giving-away-8-4tb-wd-red-hdds (Gilles3000)

Thanks for the awesome give-away Linus&WD

My current storage setup is a 1TB blue drive 7200rpm for my boot drive and for my media and games. I run this set up as it is all i can afford at the moment.

I run a 80GB seagate HHD from 9 years ago because i don't have money to buy a new drive. And on my netbook i have about 320GB on the slowest drive ever so i try to store as much on google drive. 

My storage setup is a Samsung 500gb 7200rpm hard drive. I got this because it was really cheap at that time, and since i wasn't into all the PC stuff, i didn't get anything better. Now i'm saving money to build a completely new PC, and a new HDD wouldn't hurt!  ;)

And here's them twittars - https://twitter.com/Xedasi/status/377792809983430656

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Right now i am using an intel 520 240gb as my boot drive and a samsung 840 pro 256gb for my games . I use this setup because i want extreme performance.

I have 3 drives, no SSD's unfortunately because I haven't gotten around to it and I'm looking at other investments such as a new PSU, GPU, watercooling and eventually a Haswell-E upgrade. My samsung OEM drive I have because I didn't need the laptop in was in previously, so I figure why not have it as a backup drive for my key applications and windows. I bought the 3TB drive with the computer solely because I wanted the largest capacity drive I could get from the particular place I bought from, which was 3TB. The 2TB s for recording gameplay, I never play games but when I do I figure I may as well record and upload, I have nothing to lose by doing so. I also use it as extra storage as my 3TB drive is full( Don't know how, I don't even have a large game/movie collection- At all).

I also have a 2TB desktop external drive from Seagate... Don't know why I have it, had it for years. I did have a 16TB storage server but my girlfriend wanted it and it's pointless to argue with a woman. So yeah, I would love to have these drives so I can my own server back up and running again

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Right now I'm using a 160GB Maxtor Diamondmax plus 9 and a WD Green 1TB. The ancient maxtor drive was my first HDD and my OS is there so I use it as a boot drive. Later I bought the WD drive for my games and mass storage. I chose the this drive because it was the cheapest I found in the local store and because the guy who sold it to me told me it was the best for it's price.

twitter:https://twitter.com/kzhelyazkov95

facebook:https://www.facebook.com/kirizil/posts/691388604223171