WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I don't really know what I'd use these for, I have about 250 gigs of space left on my HDD and will probably not fill that for at least another 6 months and that's enough time for me to get a new drive.

To be honest though all these people trying to one-up each other on how bad their configuration is is disgusting

I wouldn't mind having a 4 TB drive though so I guess I'll give my reason for it. I'd like to start a YouTube channel and I am one of few people who has a desktop PC(that I know) and have no choice but to buy a drive out of pocket to get us started. I'm of course willing to but this would definitely help out. 

I have a 120gb ocz vortex 3 ssd for my boot drive, i then have a 1tb hhd which I put random stuff then a 4tb nas storage device. 

C

Intel

I use a 500gb harddrive in my laptop right now beacuse i had no money for something better.. But i have a sata port so one of those could come in handy...

i run a boot ssd and a software raid 5 with 3 old samsung drives for my games and downloads, and why software? Because i'm poor and it is easy configurable

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

I currently have a WD Blue 1TB and I use it for my OS and everything else. I would get a larger HD because I have already use a little over half of my 1 TB and I plan to continue downloading Steam/Origin/ect. games. Thank you Linus for doing this.

I have a 500 GB Hitachi hard drive because in the time my PC was built I didnt know as much about computers and I told the guy who built it that I dont want much storage.

I have a 1TB WD Caviar Blue 3.5 inch HDD because a friend recommended it to me and I have a 500 GB Sea Gate 2.5 inch HDD for movies, TV shows, and back ups because it was still good after my laptop died and I wanted to use it.

Facebook share from Russ Burns https://www.facebook.com/burns1200/posts/10201484730375891
Twitter share with Twitter handle @Burns1200 https://twitter.com/Burns1200/status/377876268068270080

Community Site share with nickname Burns1200 http://stonelegion.com/forums/index.php?/topic/242-wd-red-4tb-giveaway-on-linustechtips/

At first, I'm running an intel 120 GB SSD for my OS and favourite games.

I rum a gaming chanel om youtube and need a LOT of space for raw fraps footage,

So i got me an Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD. But as you all know that isn't quite enough for what i do so i need to delete stuff all the time when I'm about to record something. It's a mess. :(

i use 1 seagate barracuda 500gb as boot drive and data and for my games i use 1 500gb 2.5" hitachi drive

I'm running a Hitachi Deskstar 500GB 7200rpm for my boot drive, because I didn't want to invest into an SSD and didn't have the money, I had some Samsung 1TB 5400rpm drive as a storage drive, but I had to change that to a WD Red 2TB because the S.M.A.R.T. data went worse and worse on the Samsung drive after only about 4000h of running time (btw my Hitachi is running over 9000h and is still fine). I currently have a WD Blue 500GB for recording Fraps movies and VMs, but this one is of a friend of mine and I'm planning on getting my own one.

Main Rig: Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB OC - Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333MHz - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Transcend SSD370 512GB, WD RE4 500GB, WD Red 2TB - EVGA SuperNova 850-G2

I'm running a 2TB Seagate because I have a bunch of Steam games and need the space. And the Seagate was on sale on Newegg at the time.

Thanks for the giveaway!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Im running a 1TB Seagate Barracuda do to finding it on sale. I am starting to run out of storage do to games, music, and video. Would like some more storage.

I have a OCZ Agility 4 256gb ssd for speed and the fact that it was cheap at the time. For my games I use a 2tb WD harddrive but I'm planning on getting a 4tb so I can make video withs my friends, and one day we will make our own youtube channel and hopefully one day grow like linus. My SSD is actually failing on me so I think I need to get a new one, computer freezes every 24hours or so.

I run 500 gb barracuda for my boot because it was something i recognized and i have two 300 gb in raid 0 for storage that dug out of and old computer the resign for that is because i cant afford new storage   

Sandisk 240GB Extreme II SATA 6GB/s Boot/Software SSD for the shear speed running on a PCI express controller on X5492 CPU to get max bandwidth.  WD 1tb Black as data drive for Dropbox ect.  It had the best reviews and the 1tb was not to costly (clearly overkill)  2tb random old disk for scheduled os SSD image backups.  Starting to trust the ssd but the monthly os backups and all key data in DB on the WD black should be safe.  Everything should be recoverable, and if my house  burns down drop box (and the NSA) will have my files for me.

You know that 4 drive raid 0 you have been testing, i love to see what would happen if you unplugged the power supply when it’s running.  I seen SSD just corrupt on a power failure.  I assume it a lot more likely on a raid 0,  i am sure you sponsors won’t be so keen on it but it good to know for people whose power is interruptible.

I have been using a Samsung 250 GB hardisk. As you can see thats really low and i cant afford much. Thats the only reason i came here. I use it to games and movies and softwares and pics. Thank you very much for reading this. Good luck to everyone else

I use a 120 gb ssd boot drive because its very fast and small, so it can act as my boot drive, but also as a important file storage drive, since i can swap it out and pop it in my laptop. I use 2 320 gb hhd's beacuse its easier to organize my media and games from my school work and projects. 

1) I'm running a samsung 840 pro on my macbook pro. i have this ssd because the standard drive failed and i got the ssd. I would want to win these hard drives because i'm going to build my self a pc but my parents dont have enough money since my mom got cancer and cant work so this hard drive will a great boost in my effort to build myself a gaming pc.

2) https://twitter.com/luismurga1 (luismurga1)

1. I have a combination of 2 1 tb drives and 2tb a mixter of wd and segate all in my main computer Id love to set up a server running raid I just haven't had the funds to realy go for it

2. Facebook share from (Bryson Boylen): (https://www.facebook.com/startrekdude/posts/3512731954395)

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Startrekdude: (https://twitter.com/startrekdude/status/377878333918154752)

Ok then here is my component list:

• 1 Toshiba 1TB  Hardrive

So yeah... I didn't know much about computers when i built this this just doesn't cut it, but you know... money.

i use 1 seagate barracuda 500gb as boot drive and data and for my games i use 1 500gb 2.5" hitachi drive i bought the seagate from new when i built my pc and the hitachi i took out of my old laptop i bought the seagate because it was one of the better drives at the time and the hitachi i installed because it had high capacity

I currently upgraded my computer to utilize the AMD A10-5800K architecture. I don't have a lot of money, so my build was extremely budgeted and I decided to use an old hard drive in my new build. The current drive I am using is a Western Digital 1200JB 120GB hard drive. I like to play a lot of games and do video editing, but it is difficult with my current hard drive configuration to really do a whole lot. Thanks for the consideration!

Twitter share with twitter handle: @smccull12 https://twitter.com/smccull12/status/377878444027031552

I use a crucial M4 64GB SSD for my OS and a few programs, and a WD Caviar Blue 500GB HD for my storage drive for my steam games and movies. I use this configuration because I get the performance and reliability from the SSD as a boot drive and the large capacity of the 500GB for games and movies. I would love a 4TB HD for all my games and movies, I always run out of room and always have to delete things to make room for newer games and movies, I just cant afford a larger HD at the moment.

I have OCZ Revo Drive X2 100GB as a boot drive and for most critical applications that either require a fast drive to run most efficiently or I want them to load faster

Next I have 3 HDDs with various capacity - 1x 2TB WD Green, 1x 500GB WD Green and 1x 300GB Seagate Barracuda.

The reason - as I mentioned before - I use the PCI-e SSD as a boot drive and for some of the applications which greatly benefits from the monstrous speeds of that drive. Unfortunately it doesn't have much capacity, so the most of the applications and movies/games/photos are on the HDDs.

Currently I'm saving for a decent NAS so I can get rid of some of the HDDs from the case and reduce the noise/vibrations and do proper system backups.

twitter (@gabriev666): https://twitter.com/Gabriev666/status/377877712255217664

DeviantArt (Gabriev666): http://gabriev666.deviantart.com/journal/A-link-to-a-HDD-givaway-contest-399604783

I have a 120gb ocz vertex4 and 2 500gb Seagate Hard drives in raid 0 for my games. I run this because i get fast boot times and load times for games.

I also have a server with 3 2tb greed drives and a 1tb green and a 500gb wd black for the OS nothing is run in raid because i add a new hard drive when i run out of space. If i win the 4 4tb red hard drives i can have a proper nas server in raid 5. I could never justified spending 4 or 5 hundred dollars all at once on hard drives that is why i add a new hard drive when i run out of space. 

twitter (@dantheman6161) https://twitter.com/dantheman6161/status/377880078002053120