WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1. I run a DS410, originally with 4 WD Green 2TB in Synology Hybrid RAID. Drives were relatively cheap and I have replaced 2 of those original 4 with Red 3TBs.  A NAS is perfect in my network for file sharing! 

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @alecccccc https://twitter.com/alecccccc

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

i have one WD 250GB drive, i have this setup because it is what i could afford at the time, it does the job, but with all my games, movies, and programs its leaves me with 50GB left. I'm saving up to buy a new motherboard because mine is having  USB problems a lot. Hope i win! 

I have a 120gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD, and a 1TB drive that I got out of a seagate external drive and put inside my current PC. I wanted a fast booting up system and use the 120gb drive for main applications, main games (basically just Guild Wars 2, it has quite long load times otherwise I hear) and that's basically it.

Originally I had my steam on my Agility 3 but I just didn't have enough room so I've got that, along with looooads of videos all on my (now overburdened) 1TB drive. I'm planning on getting a 2TB to 3TB drive so the 1TB drive I have currently will house only Steam games, and the 2/3 (depending on my money) will have all my videos and what not :)

About six months ago I bought a notebook, which came with WD Blue 750GB HDD (5400RPM). It was VERY slow, so instead of fast RAM (which I intended to buy) I invested in ADATA SX300 120GB mSATA SSD (I left 20GB unallocated). Now I have main system on the SSD and the HDD is divided into two partitions, one with the old system from the manufacturer (because I didn't want to lose all the data there and I couldn't be bothered to sort it and back it up) and one I use for Steam (mainly) and media archive.

After I got the notebook, I didn't have any more use for my old desktop, and I couldn't be bothered to pull all the data, so I took the three HDDs that were in there ( Samsung 400GB 7200RPM for system, WD Green 500GB 5400RPM and Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200RPM for storage), bought this external SATA to USB 3.0 "reader" and use the HDDs as storage/backup. I pulled most of the data from the two smaller drives, sorted it and transferred most of it to the Baracuda (which left me with about 150GB free of the 1TB).

I could certainly use a NAS, since we are moving to another city with two of my friends for university and a shared network storage would be great.

I use a 150gb ssd for booting and i have a 500gb drive that i use for storing captured game play and movies. I use the ssd for booting because it will run the games i play faster, and faster is almost always better. And i have the 500gb drive because it costs way too much to get the ssd drive in that size, and there was a good sale going on so i got it fairly cheap. And configuration, im gonna need to get another hard drive soon though, this thing fill up quick. :D

I have a 120 GB SSD for my boot drive and programs. Having Photoshop on an SSD makes it boot up like 1912842 times faster. I have a 2TB internal drive (Barracuda I think) for my storage and Steam games. Currently sitting at 1.2 TB in games. pretty happy about that. I use the storage for all my photoshop work primarily, though.

I'm running a RAID0 setup of two western digital caviar black 1TB drives because it was more cost efficient than and SSD where I live.
I know a RAID0 isn't safe but I really want the speeds!
I chose the black drives because I heard they were more performant than other drives.
Than later I upgraded by adding an Intel 330 60GB SSD drive for caching.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

1. I use a desktop with a 1TB WD Black drive. I use it as a boot drive for Windows and Linux and for data. I'd love to have a huge NAS to store data and something faster like an SSD to boot my OS's. I'd invest in something like that if I had money.

2. Facebook share from Steve Tapper: https://www.facebook.com/steve.tapper.73/posts/215259738639262

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @SteveTapper2: https://twitter.com/SteveTapper2/status/377863889876025344

4. Community Site share with nickname CaptainWithershins: http://www.reddit.com/r/giveaways/comments/1m6ye2/wd_red_4tb_giveaway/

PS: I love the channel and specifically the WAN show and the thumbnails :D. You guys are amazing!

My server has the following setup:

The 256 Samsung 830 SSD is used for the OS (Windows Server 2012) and used as a download disk. This so my RAID-array's can stay in idle/sleep mode when I'm only doing some downloading. This saves power (since it's running 24/7) and extends the lifetime of the harddrives.

Furthermore I have 6x 3TB Western Digital Reds in several RAID configs. I use these because of there great reliability, very silent operation and good performance. These drives are used for storage, VM's and backup. Sadly, back when I build my server, there weren't any 4TB WD Red's available.

ok my config is a little weird but thats all I have

• Corsair Neutron GTX  240GB SSD for OS
  • Seagate 1TB for critical data
  • 2 HD in RAID 0 both WD one is 2.5" 60GB and 3.5" 100GB (dont remember) for Steam and other non steam games total 160GB 
  • Seagate 160GB for documents
  • WD 80GB for new downloads

I also have another low PC that im trying to use with FreeNas and it has 2 low HardDrives

• WesternDIgital 80GB IDE interface
  • Maxtor 40GB IDE Interface

https://twitter.com/Goliath002/status/377859319582056448

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105228977713304764706/posts

I'm using a Adata s599 and a WD 2TB green hdd.

I bought the ssd 2years ago with my computer. I wanted a system with fast boot time and fast load screen on games so now i can take the sniper class :D (cod4 promod) .

I use the hdd for storage and bigger games like bf3 (34gig would takes more than the half ssd)

ooowee WD stuff!

I run a really old 120gb western digital form my boot drive only because i didnt want to spend the money on storage and i had it in an old computer already. Shortly after that decission i was forced to buy a new cheaper 1TB hard drive for steam games and other storage as i filled the previously mentioned drive in less than 2 weeks. I do have every intention on booting from an ssd, just waiting for the right deal to hit me in the face lol.

I have a 500gb 7200 rpm hard drive as my boot and storage and i also have a 500gb 5200rpm hard drive in pata using a pci express adapter... its pretty slow and i would love get some more storage.. 

1. I run a 1TB Seagate Barracuda cached with an M4 Adrenaline drive for my boot. I also have an extra 300GB Wester Digital Blue. The reason why I run this is because I did not do enough research when I first started building my computer, and I got only the Barracuda as boot. I soon realized that it was a little sluggish, and I found an Adrenaline for cheap, so I used it to cache my main drive. Soon, I found my main drive to be slowly filling up, so I took the hard drive of my old laptop, and chucked it in there.

I have a 128gb Samsung 830 SSD and a 2TB green for storage. It was an external at first when i just owned a laptop but after I built my new pc I turned it to an internal drive! But the 2TB are almost full and I will probably buy a 4TB WD RED since my computer is on 24/7, if I don't win one of course! :D

I have a 120GB Samsung SSD for my OS because its a great drive evertyhings made by Samsung and it was a great price.

I also have a 1TB WD green for mass storage and games and I got it because it was cheap.

This is a great giveaway and awesome that its worldwide cause I live in Ireland. Thanks!

I use a OCZ Vertex 60GB for OS and some frequent application storage it was pretty cheap and on sale at microcenter so I said what the heck, then I have a 500GB WD that I use for all my other storage, only 500GB because I couldn't/cant afford anything more.

i have a  1tb seagate , that Western was awesome ;)

ASUS VS247H-P, Keyboard - Corsair Gaming K70, Razer Mouse DeathAdder , Cpu- Intel i7 4790K (4.0 Ghz),  MSi GeForce Gtx 960 4Gb, Ram DDR3 2x4 (8Gb) Corsair Vengance Gaming Pro, MotherBoard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 , SSD Samung Evo 120 Gb ( System Operative Intalled), Hard Drive (1 TB) Western Digital (Purple), LEPA 650W Power Supply, Case NXZT H440

I Run a small recording studio and also a computer tech so i have got 

A OCZ vertex 4 128GB - Used for my Boot Drive cause at the time it was the fastest and Linus recommended it. 

A Western Digital WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos etc) that i got from a acquaints of mine who was upgrading his studio 

A Hitachi HDS721064CLA 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Studio... FL Studio, Nuendo, Propeller head Reasons, Protools) That i took from my girlfriend's rig after her motherboard died

A Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Partitioned 165GB for old school games, emulators, few driving games and 300GB for more storage) my girl friend got me about 6 years ago, my first large capacity hard drive.

A Western Digital WD Scorpio Blue WD20NPVT 2TB that i pulled from the WD My Net Central cause its better for me that way ...too slow in the router it self ... i use it to back up my pictures videos software etc and 

A Maxtor DiamondMax 21 STM3160215AS 160GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" the i use to back up the OS

need a lot of storage for the type of work i do so i keep adding

Facebook - Kwami Logan : https://www.facebook.com/Kwamisky

Twitter- @kwamisky : https://twitter.com/Kwamisky/status/377860623427588096

Google Plus- Kwami Logan : https://plus.google.com/u/0/107419755723977527618/posts

Facebook Groups Sky Topper Computer Service & Repair : https://www.facebook.com/groups/168171779908434/

I have a desktop I built this year running a OCZ Vertex 4 128GB for my boot drive and a WD Scorpio blue 160GB 2.5" drive for my storage. The reason I chose the OCZ Vertex 4 is the reviews it had and it looked like the best option, But then I quickly realized 128GB is not enough storage especially when you start downloading games with steam. So I took the WD Sciorpio blue out of a old laptop I had that wasn't working and used it as a secondary drive. However now this is filling up too, a WD Red 4TB would destroy my current configuration and give me way more space for the future.

I am using a Samsung 250GB OEM ssd and wd green 2x1TB becuase, first i needed more storage then my ssd could give me, so after i was almost running out of space i got another one

I'm running an ssd 128gb and a 750gb seagate hdd in my alienware m14x. I use the SSD for faster boot times and to make my applications quickers, and the hdd is where I put all of my games. I had to sacrifice the disc drive, but it was worth it for the performance gains. 

Google + sharehttp://plus.url.google.com/url?sa=z&n=1378924318530&url=http%3A%2F%2Flinustechtips.com%2Fmain%2Ftopic%2F52951-wd-red-4tb-giveaway%2F&usg=Ki3wNb0IZvlxv0h-YFCLaUjsj7U.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.FeelGood101?hc_location=stream

I have 2 hard drives, both western digital green 64 mb cache 7200 rpm, the difference is one of them is 1 tb and the other one is 2 tb. I bought them because of their price and reliability.