WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1. I have a RAID 0 of 2 128GB OCZ Vertex 4's as my main drive and then a 1TB drive for backup and movie storage. I would like the drives so that I could set up a more reliable backup for my main drive and so I can store more music and movies on my secondary.

I run 2 2TB seagate storage drives which I bought cause they were cheap when I built the computer, and 1 1TB western digital Black OS drive that was on sale when I needed more storage.

OS/Boot: Samsung 120GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Series.  

I bought this version because I could not afford the PRO series by Samsung. Still a fast SSD and much better then a HDD.

Media Storage: 2x Western Digital WD Green 2TB

Storage for movies, music, and other non-important files. Bought these because they have a large capacity and are affordable.

Gaming Storage: Western Digital My Book 3TB Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard

For Steam games. Bought this for capacity, USB 3.0 and for portability.

NAS Storage: 2x Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive  2TB in RAID 1. In a D-Link DNS-323.

This is for important storage and backups. I used raid for security.

If I won a 4TB WD red drive I would upgrade my NAS enclosure to a 4 bay 4TB compatible NAS and buy 3 more WD red drives and run a RAID 5 to get more storage and still have a 1 drive redundancy.

Right now I am running a SATA 1 Seagate 250gb in my new computer I just bought (boot and storage sadly lol). I pulled this from an old computer to keep the budget on my computer build low.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EricAndTheFloys/status/377854946973978624 (@EricAndTheFloys)

Facebook screenshot : https://twitter.com/EricAndTheFloys/status/377856153901740033 (Eric Samnang Lim)

Hey,

I am using a Samsung 830 256GB SSD as my main Drive, its pretty fast, and for me, future proof. For now it runs just at Sata 2 speeds, because I do not have a Sata 3 Port at my Intel H55 board.

Besides of that i am  useing an 64 GB SSD from Kinston, witch was my Boot drive before I upgraded to the Samsung. Now its just my Temp-Drive, with my Pagefile.sys of it.

I just bought it because i really wantet an SSD, back then when it was 2$/GB (2€/GB for me)

I too have Some HDD´s in my System:

1st) a 750GB I believe its a Seagate, but its the oldest component in my System :D
2nd) 3 WD-Green 2TB Drives in a really unsafe Config, just as JBOD addet as One Volume. First I just bought One to have enought Storage, but than I startet Backing up my BluRay´s, and Games on the Drive. Then I had to upgrade and bought another two, but I really want a NAS with RAID 5.

As my external HDD I use a Seagate xtreme Freeagent 1,5TB. Back than I bought it because of the FireWire Port, but now I love it because of eSata.

Posted on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sTITh1990/posts/10151858875223699

Tweeted at Twitter:  https://twitter.com/sTITh1807/status/377851495036633088

MfG sTITh :D

Hi! My name is Jeffrey. The storage setup on my PC is really bad so I'm in dire need of some. All I have is a Maxtor (yes, you read right...Maxtor) 80GB SATA I drive from around the time when SATA was first introduced. It's so old that I still have no idea how it's working. I have this drive because, to be honest, I've been having some financial difficulties. It seemed smarter to me to go for everything else BUT a drive at this point. I'm having to use flash drives that were given to me for free to store some things so I can free up some space. Yes, it's that bad.

Twitter: @SilentJeff (https://twitter.com/SilentJeff/status/377856033063841792)

I run 2 3TB Hitachis in an external non-raid enclosure and use synctoy to do manual backups every once in a while.

Needed more storage for my HD movies and didn't want to clog up the internals of my system, so i opted for an external enclosure.

Didn't look for an enclosure that had hardware raid as I didn't want to be tied down to that same enclosure should my current one fail on me.

I'm running WD Blue 320GB HDD, it's couple years old, and i didn't want to change it, because it's still good for my needs, but it is in my "need-to-upgrade" list :)

1. i have 2x 750 solid state hybrid drives in my laptop but i need the space but want room, a 2tb wd mybooklive nas for backups, and a 1tb seagate external drive for all my anime, a 3tb wd mybook usb 3.0 drive for steam and games, and a 750 seagate usb 3.0 drive that i use as a flash drive for school and to get stuff from my friends  

I currently have only a 2 TB WD Red drive because i have a lot of steam games and music, and i could get my friends old one for free instead of buying a new one. I'm sure the pricing is good though.

I use a WD 750GB Green as my boot drive, I bought this because I was building my first PC and I wanted a cheap and relliable hard drive. I would've bought a larger drive but it was during the time of the floods in taiwan and the increased HDD prices. later I added a WD 2TB Green for a low cost storage drive for games, video and music... although this recently developed a fault (*Current Pending Sector Error?.. plus it's unstable) and I need to send it back to WD.

I also have an old WD 150GB USB external hard drive which I use to store movies and older games which don't require much space and I also have a newer WD 500GB USB external hard drive which I have use as a backup drive for essential data and use it to transfer large Clumps of data to and from my old Core 2 Duo Media Center PC and i5 Gaming PC... both of these external drives was given to me by my uncle, He spends money on computer components like there's no tomorrow! xD

Also I'd like to say thanks for all the video reviews and guides linus.
It helped when I was building my first rig.

2.1 GB of seagate storage. You will ask me why i do use such retarded stuff?

Simple, i use it as a memento. Or better: as a dust catcher on the shelf. The computer has no other use anymore and was bought back in the days where for "big" storage you needed to spend a fortune. It was the first computer i had, "shared" it with my dad, means i sat all the time in front of it and i still have it.

Unbelievable how big the storages got and we are not at the end of the journey. But don't you think i need a storage upgrade? :)

I run a 100gb ide drive as a main. And i run 3 80gb 7200rpm wd drives for data. Which are currently all full. Each of the 80gb drives have downloads and music. Family documents too. I run a old dell with 1gb of ram and a pentium 4. Its a desktop. 

240GB NeutronGTX.....Boot

480GB Agility 3 ...........Games drive

512GB Sam 830..........Scratch disk

Everything backs up to my server daily.

64GB Vertex 4.......................................Boot

8 x 2TB WD green in 4 raid 1 pairs.......Storage

SSD's are fantastic and I've only ever had one die (original vertex), but I still don't trust anything other than raid 1 for storage and even then I back up my most critical data to a 2TB external drive weekly.

Right now on my desktop I have a 120gb ssd for programs and the os, because obviously those 2 things you really want to be able to pull up quickly. Then my secondary storage device is a 2TB western digital green, on that I store recordings, my video edits, media (music, movies, etc), then all of my games. I chose that because most of those things I dont need to pull up quickly so an ssd isnt needed but they take up a descent amount of space hence the 2tb that I need. Thanks to WD and Linus Media Group for the awesome contest/giveaway :)

So I've got 6 drives, a mixture of laptop and desktop drives, in my computer all ranging from about 40gb-80gb and one 500gb "Main drive". Why do I have this setup? Because When I built my computer I canabalized my old unusable computers/laptops for their drives to save on costs. I mostly use the space for Games and Multimedia. Now it's getting to be a haeadache figuring out which drive I  put something on and I'm also running out of space on most of them. Not to mention Most of the drives are over 4 years old! So I'd like this 4tb Hard drive to consolidate my storage in a reliable manner. Thanks for your consideration! :)

I run a Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD as well as a Samsung Spintpoint 1TB Drive as a storage device. I bought the SSD for obvious reasons, to have a fast boot drive. I got the Samsung as a super cheap deal when HDD prices were crazy high due to the flooding. 

Been meaning to join for awhile now considering all the videos I've watched over the months, good stuff.

I'm running a near full single 120gb Patriot Wildfire SSD and that's about it. Storage is really tight since my 750GB Seagate Baracuda died. (old OEM drive carried over from a previous system) Kinda sucks having to tell friends "Sorry, I can't play [insert game here] with you, not enough space to install!" Before that happened, it was great! My set up was SSD for OS/important programs and the HDD for everything else. :T

http://gyazo.com/0e5af0a20b4f67cd1263903aab15286c Look at that limited space. Look at iiiiiiiiitttttttt..

I have a 1TB WD Caviar Black as my main disk for programs, games, etc, it was the best drive out there without having to spend a fortune on a big SSD (60GB is not enough for a system drive), also SSDs fail a lot.

Then for data I have 2 externals (a 2TB and an old 200GB) and a couple of internals that I have salvaged from here and there: a janky 60GB SSD (it fails a lot) and a 250GB HD from my old computer

I have 2 x 256gb 5400RPM HDD's in RAID 0 because that's what my computer came with when I got it 5 years ago :D It was a pre built system so I didn't have a choice on the HDD setup.

I'm shocked they haven't failed yet, seeing as I use it atleast 4 hours a day... I should have gotten an SSD boot drive but I think starting from scratch would be easier at this point...

Twitter (@WilsonNugget): https://twitter.com/WilsonNugget/status/377857307998027776

Facebook (Keith Wilson): https://www.facebook.com/keithmarkwilson?hc_location=stream

My setup is a Samsung 120gb SSD (not pro :/) and a 2tb Seagate with my OS on my SSD and my HDD for games. I chose the SSD because it's a common part with fairly good reviews and the Seagate HDD because it was dirt cheap at the hardware store near me.

120GB OCZ Agility 3 as my boot drive for speed, 2 1TB WD Greens (JBOD) for storage in my tower because they take less power than 7200 RPM drives and 2 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 in my NAS because I got a killer deal on 2 externals and ripped the cases open (ended up saving about $15 each over what the bare drives would have cost)

I have a 128gb samsung ssd, I forget which model but an older not so awesome one.
I got the ssd because my 1tb os drive failed and I only had 100 bucks so i got an ssd for 90 and waited for a month for storage.

I have 2x 500gb velociraptors, 1 is for storage and the other is for media center dvr drive, originally was going to get a more ecenomical drive but then I saw a deal.

I designed and was building a pc for someone and my cost was a % of the hardware cost and she wanted good stuff. I had her with a wd black and she said "Well is there anything better?"
so i decided to horrify her with the price of a velociraptor setup for storage, and when i looked they were  about 50% off for 500gb, so she ended up getting 4, 2 for her and 2 for me lol
The gaming capable HTPC I built her had an M4 128 ssd, 2 500gb wd velociraptors for storage, and a 3 tb seagate as a dvr drive.

no raid was used in any of these implementations

I watch most of the stuff from you, logan, paul, and kyle.
You've all helped round out alot of shortcomings i have with keeping up with tech.

1. I run a DS410, originally with 4 WD Green 2TB in Synology Hybrid RAID. Drives were relatively cheap and I have replaced 2 of those original 4 with Red 3TBs.  A NAS is perfect in my network for file sharing! 

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @alecccccc https://twitter.com/alecccccc

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM