WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I have a  samsung 840 120 GB as my primary hard drive, I also use a seagate momentus xt 750 GB  SSHD  exclusively for   games and a seagate barracuda 2 TB for general storage.

I really could use   two wd reds for raid 1  as redundent storage and  use the others for  back ups, as currently need hard drives for back up (just built my computer not to long ago and have not had the money to by back up hard drives).

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Hi LinusTechforum !

For the moment i ame using a 128GB Adata ssd as boot drive, I got this after a Logan from Tek Syndicate was recommending these on The Tech.

Next to that i have a Samsung 250 GB from the 800 series (lost the box :P ), I'm hoping to cash these ssds in raid 0 soon with my next upgrade.

I got the samsung ssd after a friend of mine who is a networkcontroler recomendit it.

Ans last i have a very old 630GB Harddrive i use for media and backups.

I'm very happy with this setup. It works fine fore me. 

But laitly i'm afrade for mi harddrive to fail. its geting prety loud :S

So a replacement wood b great :)

Facebook link : Charle Broekaert : https://www.facebook.com/charle.broekaert?ref=tn_tnmn

Facebook link fore mi upcoming lanparty : Lanparty 2.0 : https://www.facebook.com/events/679050752124447/694361557260033/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Twitter link : @Sinzuke : https://twitter.com/Sinzuke

Greetings from Belgum

Keep up the good work ! 

I currently use a OCZ Vertex II 60GB SSD and a 500GB Seagate HDD for games only. I have a dedicated server that has a 1TB HDD (I'm too poor to afford more hard drives at the moment) to store media and documents.

twitter:https://twitter.com/drapernp/status/377843238922493952

other community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PrinceEdwardIsland

I am currently using an 120GB ssd only since the plastic part to plug in sata was somehow destroyed on my 1TB harddrive so I had to use tape to use it and that has stopped working now since the pins have been all messed up and I lost 1TB of media :/ it´s unfortunate that I didn´t have another harddrive so I could run RAID and have some sort of backup but I need to spend the money I have as a poor student on a graphics card for BF4 since im currently using Gtx 460 768mb :D

1. My setup: The 1 TB drive that came with my Lenovo Y500. Because that's what came with it, obviously. ;) I'm planning on adding a mSata-SSD in the near future though, for OS' and programms.

For Mass-Storage I've got an WD Green 2TB in an external enclosure. I chose the Green because a local shop had a good deal for them a few years back (shortly before harddisk-prices skyrocketed, so I was super happy with that purchase :) ).

2. Twitter share with Twitter handle @SickThoughthttps://twitter.com/SickThought/status/377843429109030912

Hello and thank you for providing us with the chance to win these WD 4TB drives, first time poster but I've been subscribed and following your Youtube channels for a long time. You (Linus) and TTL are my favorite Tech guys on Youtube and no I'm not just saying that because it's a competition, I think it's super that anyone can win this and good luck to everyone!

Current configuration:

SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

SSD - Crucial M4 128GB

HDD - 2 x Seagate 500GB external portable drives

Reason/story: 

I used to have a 750GB and 1TB mechanical HDD from Hitachi, from before I built my own systems but unfortunately they both broke. I had just invested in a 64GB Crucial M4 SSD because it was all I could afford at the time and prices were pretty steep here in Denmark, 64GB was really not enough for me though and I eventually manage to sell it. Then right before the first HDD broke down I had just bought my Crucial M4 128GB, again Crucial because they were/are quite reliable and priced well at the time. This was during a trip to Texas and I got a good deal through Microcenter.

Then my second HDD broke and I bought two external HDDs (USB powered) because I travel alot so this was more convenient. Of course more wants more and Samsung had just released their 840 pro so during another trip to Texas I bought the 256GB model. This drive was much more expensive but I loved the reviews and the performance and warranty that came with it.

However all my storage is now completely maxed out by all my media, games etc. and I have to go through everything and delete what i think I can live without or shuffle it around to min/max. I would love more storage and something internal this time, I've just been putting it off as drives here are quite a bit more expensive and I'd really pretty not to skimp on quality and capacity this time around. I recommend WD HDDs in pretty much all the builds I put together simply because they have some of the best reputation both price/performance wise and reliability.

Well that's my story - Best of luck and thanks again Linus!

Facebook share (Jesper Kristensen) https://www.facebook.com/Jesper7/posts/10201410061167447

i have one 586gb hardrive that came standard with my computer when i bought it, i am currently running out of space and must compromise on the games, movies, etc. i cannot afford another internal hard drive or any other type of additional storage(other than some thumb drives) which is why i currently have only 580gb and closing.   

Currently I'm using Samsung HD320KJ & WD Blue 640GB. Currently I'm happy with this, since I don't have that much Steam games, but having a bigger storage wouldn't be bad. Also I don't feel the need for a SSD right now.

Right now my desktop is out of commission (it was nothing special), BUT I am planning and saving for a nice ~ $2500 Gaming PC Build.  I do have a 750Gb HDD from the previous build, but never had a chance to use it. I know that I will be planning to upgrade my storage capacity in the future, as well.  I also have a WD passport, 500Gb, which I use almost everyday.  I would love to win and use either the grand prize or runner up loot for my future build.  I don't know much about using a raid configuration, but I'm sure there is a LinusTechTip to help sort all that out!  

I look forward to the drawing, and may the best random selection win!

BONUS ENTRY

Here is a link to my Facebook page promoting the GIVEAWAY!!!

Thomas Burnett: https://www.facebook.com/tom.burnett.353

:D

Wow, Ok so my storage configuration is kinda bad but not completely horrible,

I have one WD 1tb caviar green sata hard drive, and thats about it..

Transfer mode: sata II

Running at Raid: none.

I purchased it a couple of years ago when i built my pc, it doesn't have anything special, i bought it because it was a good option at that time to get me started with. Not the best way to go but i use it to store all my music, movies, games files etc. as well as my boot drive.

I dont have any back up drives but luckily i havn't lost any data till now. 

I have about 50 gb free space left, and i constantly have to keep uninstalling games to be able to install new ones. I havn't been able to upgrade to an ssd or a newer and faster hdd since they cost more, and i try to save a lil bit of money to upgrade but then  new games come out and there goes my savings..

currently i am trying to get a a 64gb ssd to use it as a boot drive and for some applications but there are so many new games coming out :(

but yea, its been 3+ years and my wd drive has not given me any issues.

TMI? im sorry, its my first post here.

I have a very old Desktop, it has a 120GB HDD, and every time I want to download a new movie/game... I have to delete the older ones, it's pretty hectic. Plus I'm planning to upgrade my PC to a sick gaming PC so I'll be saving a couple of bucks to add to my GPU + CPU if I win. :)

Facebook share from (Azan Khan): (https://www.facebook.com/leaderartemis/posts/404000206367648)

Twitter share with Twitter handle @SkyCuboid: (https://twitter.com/SkyCuboid/status/377844582798467072)

Community Site share with nickname (SkyCuboid): (http://www.cod5samp.com/forum/index.php?topic=71244.new#new)

My storage solution looks like this.

1 WD Velociraptor 500GB running the OS and personal data. Because i didn't want an ssd with all the logging and frequent writing to the disk so i choose the raptor cause of it's speed and reliability!

2 WD Caivar Green 2TB in raid1 running as backup för ths Velociraptor. Because they're cheap!

4 WD RED 3TB in raid5 that holds all the data. I choose the RED-series because I needed to create a raid and theese were perfect for my needs. Made to run in a NAS i figured they would work perfect in my server!

Tweet: https://twitter.com/larslessel/status/377848284921868288

Hope I win :D

I have an average 500GB Blue 7200RPM drive, it was relatively inexpensive and has been reliable, but I hope to upgrade my OS to an SSD soon.

So this is my set up :) I'm using a 250gb hard disk as my boot drive because SSD's and anything over 1tb are Impossible to find where I live and even of you can find one your better off buying a new computer :P and I'm using another 500gb drive for all all my storage because being a photographer means you chew through space pretty fast :P Yea so that my set up its like that mostly due to that's all that is available to me at my price point :) ohh how nice it wwould be to not worry about if one of my drives are going to fail :P so that's my set up :) hope I win ssomething :)

Thank you

Roshan De Silva :)

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/1046019902/timeline/story?ut=3&hash=6579688188452339686&wstart=1378834440&wend=1379007239&ustart&__user=1046019902

I run 4 drives in my main computer two of those are WD, one 64GB Crucial SSD and last is old Hitatchi.

As it is my main computer it holds all my data and important stuff, but also i have 2 additional computers and most valuable stuff is backed up in all three and also on external drive.

In my main comp. 64 Crucial SSD i bought because linus tech tips video few years back and WD drives were bought because i needed some storage drives for my media and games first i bought 1 TB then i realised that i need more space and i bought 2TB drive.

Another comp. runs old laptop 2.5'' drive gheto mounted on one side of 3.5'' drive bay.

External drive is Intenso 500Gb drive with USB 2.0.

So far so good old hitatchi is about 6-7 years old and i'm hoping that it wont die any time near.

1 X Kingston SSDNow V200+ 120GB Because I need Fast Boot as Fast video rendering

also

1 X WD Caviar Blue 1TB bescasu i need more capacity for games and more stuff :Q

And Im actually doing a comparison between them in Windows 7 Boot.

See you guys

I have an asus desktop that i purchased and upgraded pretty much everything from the psu to the graphics card. The only thing that i don't have thats needed is more memory and I only have a 500 gb laptop drive in my computer as of right now because of a hard crash in my wd black 1tb drive. I play a lot of video games and record but I can't really record with the amount of memory I have currently in my desktop so a wd 4tb drive would be pretty sweet to have in my computer. I would purchase an external or something along the lines of a better hard drive but simply cannot afford one at this moment.

I have a Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD for Windows boot and apps and have 1TB/2TB Seagate Barracuda mostly used for games and movies. Would love the Reds so i finally have an excuse to replace my crappy NAS

i have a 160 GB hard drive and i use it because it gets the job done...:):)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I run an Intel SSD mostly for my Operating system, and a WD 2TB HDD for storage, game, movies etc.

I do this for several reasons. I like having my OS separate, in case I get a virus and I want to re-install windows. SSDs are still to expensive to use for mass storage, and I find good HDDs are more trustworthy and stable.

Please enter me into the contest!

I would love to win one of these, because:

#1 - I love WD and with their new generation HDDs everything's just perfect
#2 - The Red one is perfect for 24/7 operations

#3 - 4TB is just perfect for me

#4 - I'm doing lots of video editing, hosting a web server (I'd love to have the server on this drive), have games, record game footage with Fraps (which takes A LOT of HDD space)

#0 - I LOVE LINUS AND LINUS TECH TIPS ! <3 :D

Here are my five reasons why I want this HDD to save my life and help me with my future ^_^:))

Cheers and keep up the awesome work!!! Will always support you ;p

I am running 2x Seagate Barracuda  2 Terra bytes for OS and Storage, because i couldnt afford a SSD for Boot Drive 

www.twitter.com/Theefoxhound 

I currently am running an old WD HDD that is 500GB and I have an SSD of 120GB. I use the the SSD to boot up my system and keep some of my more permanent software on it (video editing,word processes, games). My HDD is from my old family pc that no one has used in a long time (family switched to MAC lol =P). I thought that I could save some money by just using old parts, that still work, from the pc and put them in my new gaming pc. I soon realized that 500GB does not last long when you want to play multiple games and want to record games and try to do so many things I just don't have the capacity to hold it all. That is why if I would win this HDD I would easily be able to hold more games and don't worry about anything being deleted due tp lack of space. Thank you Linus for giving us this opportunity to win a great HDD.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ryan.fritch/posts/10200516929745737

Steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/864978762486997908/

I'm running a 60gb intel 520 ssd for frequently used programs and booting and a 1tb WD green for storage and games. I don't see the appael in an external hdd since the only thing i do with them is put them on my desk instead of in my pc. Believe it or not, that 1tb hdd is getting a bit small for the amount of games i want to be able to play right away and i'm definatly looking at that 250gb samsung 840 EVO to replace my way too small ssd. in fact, I already have one in my laptop but i don't have that much cash laying around to buy a second one right now.