What exactly did Microsoft just buy from Nokia? A visual guide

Microsoft's getting quite a bit out of its $7.2 billion purchase of Nokia's devices and services division: a phone hardware division, but also a great many patents, a still-powerful global distribution network, and a lot of employees. A lot of employees. Here's a quick visual breakdown of everything Steve Ballmer is buying from Stephen Elop.

microsoft_nokia_new.png

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4690534/what-exactly-did-microsoft-just-buy-from-nokia-a-visual-guide 

Sooo... Indestructible xboxes or something, right?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I heard that most patents would be still Nokia's and they are licensed to Microsoft.

From a consumers point of view, the new Nokia looks a little stripped down and possibly uninteresting, but if you look closer at the parts of the business Nokia have retained you start to see that clearly they have clung on to some really profitable parts of the business.  They have retained most of their all-important patents which they will license to MS, the HERE mapping division (also licensing to MS), the recently acquired highly profitable Nokia Siemens Network and their advance technologies division.

Source: http://jollatides.com/2013/09/03/the-end-of-nokia-as-we-know-it/

I saw this one the tech news website today, and I was like "Yeah, bulletproof/fireproof/waterproof xbox!" xD