Why all the hate for Ubisoft?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you?

So, title pretty much says it all.

Why is there so much hate for Ubisoft over the Internet?

Personally, far cry 3 and 4 where great games and I also enjoyed the more recent assassin's creed games.

So why so much hate?

Cheers

because their games look so good at e3 and they turn out to be complete dogshit. Such as watchdogs. If the same thing happens with the division... 

I also love FC and AC

i think because some games were bugged on the first day(something i never do)

Games released wayyyyy too early.

Poor optimization.

Games being downgraded to look like the console version.

Lying about game features & graphics and not following through and lowering the graphics

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Unfinished, boring, ugly, un optimized downgraded games is what we get.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Hello, how are you?

So, title pretty much says it all.

Why is there so much hate for Ubisoft over the Internet?

Personally, far cry 3 and 4 where great games and I also enjoyed the more recent assassin's creed games.

So why so much hate?

Cheers

Franchise ruining, performance issues at launch, buggy games in general, a lot of stupid microtransactions and designing the game in a way that is annoying for people who don't pay.

They ruined watch dogs. But i don't hate them personally. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Unfinished games on release, awful optimisation with the engine for both consoles and PC, UPlay and lack of innovation

story i got a free steam game with my 980 i tryed getting it and nvidia made my login to uplay then uplay refused to work so i never got the game even tho it was steam and not uplay

Graphics downgrades are always disappointing along with bugs and whatnot. 

I'm not a big fan of Uplay, Steam and Origin are already enough launchers for me... Buy a uplay game in steam to try and lower fragmentation of my game library ---> "We heard you like drm's so we put a drm in your drm so you can drm while you drm..."

Then there's Rainbow six: seige. The game itself is fine, I was just super looking forward to a story mode to play in coop.

The unfinished games and downgrade on Watch Dogs is just their recent problem. And only few of their games series suffered from those. They still make decently good games. Recent Rainbow Six is a good example.

But Uplay sucks. It sucked when it first was just DRM for AC2 not allowing you to play the game if you didn't have internet connection or even if it was unstable. And they still have those problems. When I bought Far Cry3 and Blood Dragon I could not play them for a week because Uplay was not properly working during that time. And when I played Driver San Francisco the game paused quite a lot to say that since it has problems with connection to uplay I could not upload videos from the game. I could not give a rats ass about it, don't interrupt my game.

And then there is their attitude toward PC gaming. They complain that all PC gamers are pirates and that's why they need the DRM. And after they make the DRM(that didn't work and legit customers could not play their game while pirates had no problems) they complain that PC gamers are even bigger pirates.

They also said that they don't optimize PC games since PC gamer will just go and buy a new graphics card when the game is not running that well.

Also lots of people don't like them for making games that are very much a like. All AC games since AC2 are very similar. A part from Black Flag and then they didn't continue that even though people really liked it. And FC4 is very similar to FC3 only in a different map. And even cross games they are very similar. Open world with lots of busy work with very little meaningful content in it.

But I think this is more of a problem that consumers created. Ubisoft will create the games that people will buy. If people stopped buying them they will make something different.

Ensuring the PC versions don't look better than on consoles seems to be a thing with them

This scares me, I hate feeling like I'm going to get the raw end of the deal just because they don't want the pc version to seem better.

I hated Origin at first but I don't mind it as much now for some reason, but Uplay is just.. I don't buy their games most of the time now because of it.

Uplay sucks

Ensuring the PC versions don't look better than on consoles seems to be a thing with them

They announce their games with fantastic graphics to generate hype, followed by dozens of trailers. And then the downgrade comes.

Preorder now for exclusive content!!!11 Buy all our DLC too!!

Gamewrecks

Lol, "pre order now and receive the original texture pack, as seen on E3!"

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Lol, "pre order now and receive the original texture pack, as seen on E3!"

Don't give them ideas

The unfinished games and downgrade on Watch Dogs is just their recent problem. And only few of their games series suffered from those. They still make decently good games. Recent Rainbow Six is a good example.

But Uplay sucks. It sucked when it first was just DRM for AC2 not allowing you to play the game if you didn't have internet connection or even if it was unstable. And they still have those problems. When I bought Far Cry3 and Blood Dragon I could not play them for a week because Uplay was not properly working during that time. And when I played Driver San Francisco the game paused quite a lot to say that since it has problems with connection to uplay I could not upload videos from the game. I could not give a rats ass about it, don't interrupt my game.

And then there is their attitude toward PC gaming. They complain that all PC gamers are pirates and that's why they need the DRM. And after they make the DRM(that didn't work and legit customers could not play their game while pirates had no problems) they complain that PC gamers are even bigger pirates.

They also said that they don't optimize PC games since PC gamer will just go and buy a new graphics card when the game is not running that well.

Also lots of people don't like them for making games that are very much a like. All AC games since AC2 are very similar. A part from Black Flag and then they didn't continue that even though people really liked it. And FC4 is very similar to FC3 only in a different map. And even cross games they are very similar. Open world with lots of busy work with very little meaningful content in it.

But I think this is more of a problem that consumers created. Ubisoft will create the games that people will buy. If people stopped buying them they will make something different.

Is it me or am I the only person where Driver works perfectly fine through Uplay?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

There are things I don't like about Uplay: unnecessary Steam integration, some long connection times to Uplay servers to play single-player games, lack of cloud saving on some game, like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, times when the Uplay service is completely down.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

For every game they do well they drop the ball on another game.

Assassin's Creed has been on an alternating cycle of one good one and one hot trash one for the past few years.

Farcry 3 was great but Farcry 4 required a quadcore CPU at launch even though there were tons of videos showing the game only used 2 cores and even with high end hardware the game stuttered while driving.

Rainbow Six: Siege, while mechanically sound and enjoyable, is a micro transaction based free to play game that they charged a full $60 for.

They've also been guilty of showing games at trade shows, saying that what you're seeing is in game footage, and then releasing the game later that does not look anywhere close to as good as when they showed before and in the case of Watchdogs they locked many of the graphical options for seemingly no reason.

The Division looks like it may follow suit with them showing the game at evens, claiming it was in game footage, and the final product not looking nearly as good as previous footage.

Always on DRM that kicks you out of single player games.

Let's also not forget all the quotes from various employees that brought about the Keep on Digging meme and shirts.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Such things like how they were only interested in games they could annualize (after dropping brutal Legend, and then threw a hissy fit after EA picked it up), 30fps being more cinematic, 60fps looks wierd, resolution doesn't matter, "Finally, we are commited to improving the optimization of our games for each platform on which they're released - Including PC!" (said just before they release AC: Unity and Farcry 4).

Locking The Crew (a racing game for heavens sake) to 30fps on PC.

AC: Unity's minimum GPU requirements being a GTX680. Radeion 7970.

I know there is a lot more but that was just what I could remember.

In short:

They are greedy fucking Liars.

I would not cry a single Tear if they would vanish tomorrow.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

friends of mine have offered to buy me the division, but with the requirement of needing uplay as well as ubi putting micro transactions in it I wont be playing it.

I also agree with @Snadzies with his comments

I dont know if it was confirmed but there where reports that Rainbow Six: Siege was on 15 tick servers, which is just crazy

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Is it me or am I the only person where Driver works perfectly fine through Uplay?

IDK. I've not played it for a long time. Maybe they have patched it or maybe the uplay server in your region are more stable.