Best vlogging camera

Go to solution Solved by kameshss,

I was actaully looking for a camera which had a clip on microphone stand on top (not sure if tyhat's the correct name) like on the 70d... thanks anyway!

ps: I realised that the 70d was pretty heavy... Guess I'll go to the gym more often then xD

RX1R Mark II, it has the Hot Shoe mount.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hello everyone,

I want to upgrade my vlogging camera to something that actually fits my needs, I was searching for a while n,ow but I couldn't find a camera which has all the features.

I want a camera which is able to record in 1080p/60fps, with good low light performance, I also need a microphone input. That's about it really, I looked at the canon 70D (lacks the 60fps) and the g7x (lacks the microphone jack)

What camera's would you recommend?

thanks in advance!

-Gijs

Canon 70D as Vloggging camera?

You wanna carry 1 kg camera on your hand ??  :o  :o  :o

RX1R Mark II may be??

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

RX1R Mark II may be??

I was actaully looking for a camera which had a clip on microphone stand on top (not sure if tyhat's the correct name) like on the 70d... thanks anyway!

ps: I realised that the 70d was pretty heavy... Guess I'll go to the gym more often then xD

RX1R Mark II, it has the Hot Shoe mount.

maxresdefault.jpg

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Thanks a lot! didn't see the mount (sorry) thanks a lot!

:)

:)

Last question: does the camera have a microphone input? I can't seem to find any info about that... I'm not really planning to buy an external audio recorder just to hook upo my microphone...

EDIT: I also noticed the screen doesn't flip out entirely, so I guess this camera is a no for me... thanks anyway!

Last question: does the camera have a microphone input? I can't seem to find any info about that... I'm not really planning to buy an external audio recorder just to hook upo my microphone...

EDIT: I also noticed the screen doesn't flip out entirely, so I guess this camera is a no for me... thanks anyway!

Yes, It has the Microphone input.

oh!

oh!

It really is an awesome camera but I aso need a flipout screen,didn't mention it before so it definaty is my fault xD thanks a lot!

It really is an awesome camera but I aso need a flipout screen,didn't mention it before so it definaty is my fault xD thanks a lot!

You can try the rx100 IV this does not have a hotshoe or a microphone jack but image and video quality is good with a flip out screen

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1159879-REG/sony_dsc_rx100_mark_4_digital.html

Just get a camcorder!  A good Sony handycam has a flip screen, good video AF and servo zoom, gimbal style image stabilization, good internal mics and a decent model will come with internal memory as well as a slot for a memory card for dual storage.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just get a camcorder!  A good Sony handycam has a flip screen, good video AF and servo zoom, gimbal style image stabilization, good internal mics and a decent model will come with internal memory as well as a slot for a memory card for dual storage.

I'm not really looking to get a camcorder because I also want to take some (semi) professional looking photos with it, That's really hard to do with a camcorder ;-) thanks for the advice though

Any camera?

if it hasnt got a flip out display you can buy a cheap on camera monitor, or hook it up to a PC monitor or TV with HDMI to see the output for framing or use autofocus

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Any camera?

if it hasnt got a flip out display you can buy a cheap on camera monitor, or hook it up to a PC monitor or TV with HDMI to see the output for framing or use autofocus

The OP started two topics with the same title, in this one selected the RX1r, in the other the Panasonic G7.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

The OP started two topics with the same title, in this one selected the RX1r, in the other the Panasonic G7.

That makes....no sense

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That makes....no sense

Yep that's why I am wondering, over in the other topic the OP already said the G7 was the camera with the features required. So why continue on here.

Yep that's why I am wondering, over in the other topic the OP already said the G7 was the camera with the features required. So why continue on here.

also a strange choice to be stuck between

That makes....no sense

I made this new topic since I already selected an answer for the last topic, THe G7 was just about perfect except for the fact that it isn't available anymore in my region... that's why I askedf again. I also realised that you can changed the answer even after you sleected one but that was after I made this topic, I apologise for the strange behaviour!

• 2 weeks later...

RX1R Mark II may be??

Casey Neistat uses one for vlogging

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Casey Neistat uses one for vlogging

He is using Canon EOS 70D.

He is using Canon EOS 70D.

I meant that

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

I meant that

oopsy! my mistake.

• 1 year later...