hue+ on Asus maximus viii alpha

yoo guys,

With te new asus maximus vii hero alpha I was wondering if the nzxt hue lighting can be controlled directly of the motherboard or else, which lighting kit does work?

I made dis, Gaben pls

i5 6600K | Hyper 212 EVO | Asus Maximus VIII Alpha | HyperX Fury DDR4 8Gb | 850 EVO 500Gb

Corsair Carbide 400C | Supernova 750W G2

...GTX 970 In progress...

Should be able to. I have it hooked up to a MSI Z97 board (one in my sig) and it works perfectly. Just plugs into a molex & usb header and you're all good.

Protip: if you want more led's, most cheap RGB strips will work off eBay. They are ALOT cheaper than NZXT strips, just check the pins :)

CPU: i7 4790k 4.6GHz @ 1.19v     GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 1590Core     RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo Raid 0

Cooler: Corsair H110i GT             Case: NZXT H440 Black Windowed          1TB WDD Blue, NZXT Hue+, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Asus VX347H x2

Hue might be able to be controlled via Asus motherboards with Aura control, but Hue+ is a definite NO, 1. Hue+ is a 5V LED strip and the Asus boards put out 12v and 2. they are not standard RGB LEDS, each LED has its own controller, and even if it had the correct wiring for the Asus motherboards and correct voltage (which it doesn't) the Aura software itself wouldn't know how to work with the controllers on the chips.

Do not try to use the HUE+ with these motherboards as it could damage either the strip, motherboard or both.

I know this is about a week old, but don't want anyone trying it and breaking something.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

• 3 months later...

AddonCustoms is right, I had no idea the asus mobo had 12v, and pluggued them in and now they're broke and had to order more strips :'(. DON'T DO IT MAN!! I mean, unless you WANT to break them that is.

• 1 year later...

:( no. it breaks the strip. whatever strip you plug in, it breaks. 1 leg will shine. the color is green. 2nd led. i tried it. im sad now. i just wanted to see if anyone had a fix to the problem