Planning on upgrading my PC but what should I upgrade?

My Current PC Specs :

post-68968-0-88261400-1452915035.jpg

My Initial Plans :

I definitely need more storage so I was planning on getting a 1TB WD Black HDD Or a 512GB SSD/MSata.

My other initial plan was to add one more R9 390 for 1440p/4K gaming.

Other Plans :

Upgrade all my fans?

Upgrade Cpu Cooler?

Extensions?

Better Power Supply?

Better Display?

Ending :

So what do you guys think?

Let me know down below!

As always Thanks for the feedback!!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Some options I'd recommend:

-Sell the 390 and get a 980Ti instead. You're going to have to replace the PSU if you're planning to XFire and that costs more money.

-Upgrade your storage.

-Better PSU. NEX series is not that good.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

-Sell the 390 and get a 980Ti instead. You're going to have to replace the PSU if you're planning to XFire and that costs more money.

-Upgrade your storage.

I just found it interesting you went against xfire/SLI because of the power supply, then went back to recommend a better one anyway.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

-Upgrade your storage.

Well the R9 390 was a Christmas present so selling it really wouldn't be the right thing to do, I can possibly return it to Micro Center and get a 980Ti.

More Storage I agree on!

Also I agree with you on the Psu!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

I'm jelly, nice setup

Thank you!

I just found it interesting you went against xfire/SLI because of the power supply, then went back to recommend a better one anyway.

I mean, the NEX series is meh but it's not going to straight off die. I'd prioritise the GPU first then the PSU since it seems to be holding up anyway. But OP, I'd recommend you shouldn't keep that PSU for more than 4 months.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

What monitor and case do you have, maybe upgrade aesthetics of it lol

I use a LG 47G2-UG as my display and the case I don't need to upgrade.

Its hard to find cases that fit a XL-ATX motherboard lol

I mean, the NEX series is meh but it's not going to straight off die. I'd prioritise the GPU first then the PSU since it seems to be holding up anyway. But OP, I'd recommend you shouldn't keep that PSU for more than 4 months.

I did buy it off EVGA B-Stock so I can possibly return it to them and if not I can just sell it.

I use a LG 47G2-UG as my display and the case I don't need to upgrade.

Its hard to find cases that fit a XL-ATX motherboard lol

a bit overpower for 1080p gaming

No, I completely agree, its just kind-of funny when I read it up to down.

I personally need to get rid of mine ASAP. (CX750m)

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

a bit overpower for 1080p gaming

Well I take a lot of Online classes for school so I needed a big display lol but games look beautiful on it!

-Upgrade your storage.

well, i'd say replace the psu either way, it'll depend on pricing between wattages if 2x390 or 980ti is the better option.

that said, i'm not sure on the wattage difference between those two options either.

I wold vote againts CF due to CF issues still being there.

PSU is ok, it will work. maybe go balls ang get a really beautiful case? xD

but yeah storage, gpu, perepherals, monitor.. ur pc is pretty good already, why not make it more enjoyable instead.

I wold vote againts CF due to CF issues still being there.

PSU is ok, it will work. maybe go balls ang get a really beautiful case? xD

but yeah storage, gpu, perepherals, monitor.. ur pc is pretty good already, why not make it more enjoyable instead.

The case I have now isn't bad and if I do upgrade the case its going to be hard to find something better than what I have now.

-Upgrade your storage.

I did want to ask you, How would a R9 Fury hold up against the 980Ti?

Instead of going crossfire like I originally planned I was thinking a maybe a Fury would be a better choice?

I did want to ask you, How would a R9 Fury hold up against the 980Ti?

Instead of going crossfire like I originally planned I was thinking a maybe a Fury would be a better choice?

You won't see much improvement in comparison to two 390s. I recommend saving up for a 980Ti.

Spoiler

Look up the games you are looking to play.  If you are a "play on release" type person, you should stay away from SLI/CF.  Not many triple A titles come with SLI/CF at release nowadays, and many games don't even bother SLI/CF support at all.  1 GPU is the way to go.

Look up the games you are looking to play.  If you are a "play on release" type person, you should stay away from SLI/CF.  Not many triple A titles come with SLI/CF at release nowadays, and many games don't even bother SLI/CF support at all.  1 GPU is the way to go.

That's my biggest issue with going with Crossfire is the support.

You won't see much improvement in comparison to two 390s. I recommend saving up for a 980T

Alright!

Thanks for the reply