Do you think Cherry mx blues are ok for gaming?

Air tree

Well yesterday i went to best buy and i tried a keyboard with cherry mx blues but i couldn't try browns and i found out i love blues but i'm wondering if mx blues are good for gaming also? because i heard lots of people use them for that, i don't play starcraft or any of those games so i don't really need to double tap a button really fast.

All keyboards are fine for gaming.

Some are arguably "better" apparently than others, but all of them are perfectly fine.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I like them, but I also know people who wouldn't touch MX Blues for gaming. I all comes down to personal preference I guess.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Most prefer MX Blue's for typing but they are fine for gaming, MX Red are the best Cherry MX switches for gaming and blue is the best for typing in my opinion. Brown is a good middle ground for typing and gaming. 

#LESBOBRICKS

They're great, but the people you talk to won't really enjoy it :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I like them, but I also know people who wouldn't touch MX Blues for gaming. I all comes down to personal preference I guess.

This. It is personal preference based on theoretical advantages that do not play out in reality unless you are a competitive gamer (Pro-gamer, whatever).

I use blues for everything, I love them and they work fine.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

In short yes

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

I use blues for gaming, and i absolutely love them. If you like the keyswitch, you'll still like it for gaming. Don't listen to people that say 'oh this and this switch is better if you're going to do this' that's not how this works. They're called peripherals for a reason :P

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Yes, they are fine. Just use whatever you like the most for gaming.

membrame?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If you wish.

its the only thing i have, and money is a rare resource too.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I use blue switches for gaming and i think they are just fine!  

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I would recommend Cherry MX Blue keys to anyone with their first mechanical keyboard. They are on the lighter side but it really depends on your personal prefrence. 

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I've tried Blues... Hated them, would rather just keep my membrane keyboard.

But in the end it's all preference.

Matter of personal preference. Some claim Blues aren't good for extended gaming due to higher actuation force, but the difference in actuation between Blues and Browns is negligible for my fingers (except for my weak right pinky). Browns being the best of both worlds (light, tactile and quiet for both gaming and typing) is an accepted opinion.

If you're typing/gaming around people though, the click may be annoying to them.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I currently game with blues but what you chose is really up to you.  Try them out (all the switches) before you buy something.

All keyboards are fine for gaming.

Some are arguably "better" apparently than others, but all of them are perfectly fine.

Best answer!  It's all relative and based on typing styles, hand strength, and audible tastes.  That's what's great about Cherry MX, it's standardized so you know what you get and there are different options.  There is at least one type of Cherry switch out there that is good for everyone or that someone would at least find satisfying and better than the run-of-the-mill membrane.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Best answer!  It's all relative and based on typing styles, hand strength, and audible tastes.  That's what's great about Cherry MX, it's standardized so you know what you get and there are different options.  There is at least one type of Cherry switch out there that is good for everyone or that someone would at least find satisfying and better than the run-of-the-mill membrane.

Will disagree with you there.

I won't type on any keyboard that isn't chiclet, which means membrane or scissors :P

Tried all mechanical s, they where all horrible to me.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Will disagree with you there.

I won't type on any keyboard that isn't chiclet, which means membrane or scissors :P

Tried all mechanical s, they where all horrible to me.

Well you're right, I'm wrong when I say "everyone".  I should qualify that as "most".  :)

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

I didn't like them mostly because of the noise, but in racing games the tactile catch on the way up was kinda annoying if I paid close attention, but definetly better than rubber domes obviously :D

I now use browns: softer tactile bump and quieter

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE