[WEB] What language should I use for this?

NeatSquidYT

I'm planning to create a site using the MyAnimeList API and also IDMB's. I simply want a language that will easily be able to read XML or JSON from a URL and put it into a table of some sort. I was thinking of Javascript, however I'm doing PHP in school next year and I was wondering if I could use PHP for this.

I'm planning to create a site using the MyAnimeList API and also IDMB's. I simply want a language that will easily be able to read XML or JSON from a URL and put it into a table of some sort. I was thinking of Javascript, however I'm doing PHP in school next year and I was wondering if I could use PHP for this.

the web uses: html (always), css (optional, but required if you don't want your site to look horrible) and js (optional, but very handy)

and yes you will need PHP for that XML/JSON API stuff :)

so:

html

css

js

php

the web uses: html (always), css (optional, but required if you don't want your site to look horrible) and js (optional, but very handy)

and yes you will need PHP for that XML/JSON API stuff

^^^^

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

and yes you will need PHP for that XML/JSON API stuff :)

Depends on what he wants to do. If all you're doing is requesting some page and putting the result in a table that could be done client side with javascript.

I'd second the reply from DevBlox. There are many languages you can use for this task and you can (but don't need) to use PHP if you wanted.

yes, but unless he really can't use server side scripting i'd recommend php :)

NodeJS.

Just not PHP...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.