How do you become part of the Moderating Team?

VAkena

Topic Title says all. Are they specifically chosen my Linus Media Group?

You be helpful, respectful and polite.

You rack up a huge number of posts.

You don't get any warning points on your account.

And most importantly...

YOU DON'T ASK!!!!

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

There is a twice yearly Battle Royal in a undisclosed location. Whoever stands victorious gets to become a moderator.

Or maybe they are chosen by LMG based on the users activity on the forum, but that's not a good story. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i guess they've been chosen

or you'll have to sneak to the LMG-Headquarters and give everyone a free high quality carwash

rule #1 you dont talk about the mod club

edit: damn :D wasnt fast enough for the first anser, great job volbet starcoaster

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Sacrifice a schnitzel.

@looney

In reality though, you're asked if senior mods collectively agree that you'll be a good addition to the team and also if you're approved by Luke.

pray to the one and only gaben

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

You must sleep with LMG team. 

Jokes aside ... no warning point and most important being helpful. 

Magical Pineapples

When they see you are not the moderator that LTT deserves, but the moderator LTT needs.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You must sacrifice a Titan X 4-way SLI to the gods of overclocking.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Topic Title says all. Are they specifically chosen my Linus Media Group?

not by asking for mod

I can  tell you that much

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

When they see you are not the moderator that LTT deserves, but the moderator LTT needs.

that joke was as broken as Arkham Knight

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

that joke was as broken as Arkham Knight

I dont get paid enough to come up with this stuff. I dont even get paid at all!

Unlike the people who ported Arkham Knight though..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You don't ask. You just let it happen.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Be helpful, obey rules, use report function. Using Report is kinda like being assistant or deputy mod. You give hint for obstruction and they deal with it. If you are good enough, they make request for joining the team.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

be able to disassemble a pogo stick with your right hand and change a cessna

150 front tire with the left hand only with playskool plastic tools while hanging

from a set of monkey bars. it took me all of three straight days, but i got er done.

being noticed for a friendly attitude, posting with maturity and responsibility, and

making decisions guided by the Code of Conduct.

150 front tire with the left hand only with playskool plastic tools while hanging

from a set of monkey bars. it took me all of three straight days, but i got er done.

being noticed for a friendly attitude, posting with maturity and responsibility, and

Voted most creative post of the thread.

Well, I guess I've been automatically DQ'ed, because this one time, I made a thread for listing old comp parts and Godly locked it (I learned a lesson that day).

SO, am I automatically DQ'ed for not following the CoC one time? 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

I've never been on the LTT modding team though I have been mod a like 2-3 MC servers lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well, I guess I've been automatically DQ'ed, because this one time, I made a thread for listing old comp parts and Godly locked it (I learned a lesson that day).

SO, am I automatically DQ'ed for not following the CoC one time? 

i wouldn't think so

i wouldn't think so

Whew! I was worried for a bit. I really do want to help. I just never seem to get the chance to be a big help on the Internet, whether it be forums, or MInecraft, or what-have-you.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

You have to sell your soul to the lmg team...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Whew! I was worried for a bit. I really do want to help. I just never seem to get the chance to be a big help on the Internet, whether it be forums, or MInecraft, or what-have-you.

One thread lock likely will not affect you in our decision of us making you a moderator.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well I guess my chances are small...

I made a post a few months back complaining about how "You don't need an SSD to boot 20 seconds faster!"

Everyone disagreed with me.

So I said I was joking.

I got a warning point for trolling.

I was upset.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)