Low GFlops 3570k?

Hi guys,

I noticed people getting way more GFlops with their 3570k on stock speed. I get around 50. I have read about people getting around 70 on stock speed. Would any of you be willing to run LinX on your 3570k at stock settings?

Also: what do you think of my temps? I use a 212 evo. They seem kind of high to me. Should I try remounting it or is ok?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3624[/ATTACH]

Hardware:

Motherboard: P8Z77-V

CPU: 3570k

RAM: 8gb g.skill sniper 1866mhz

GPU: ati radeon hd 6790

Windows 8 (yes it's crap. I have installed my windows 7 copy on too many pcs so I bought one of those windows 8 keys when they were still cheap. I used to get the same results on windows 7 though)

Nothing comes to mind as to why it is low. Could be any number of factors in your system. As for temps those, those are fine with that cooler.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Windows 8 might be causing the decrease in Gflops. It very well could just the program isn't optimized very well for windows 8 yet and the processor is totally fine.

Windows 8 might be causing the decrease in Gflops. It very well could just the program isn't optimized very well for windows 8 yet and the processor is totally fine.

I got the same result on windows 7...

On second thought after some experience with windows 8: I still think that it isn't as good as it could have been but with a few tweaks like getting the start menu back it isn't too bad

Those people are lying I get 50 too .

ok good :D thanks

This is confusing me now. I got 40GFlops with LinX on stock speeds... Although CPU-Z says the Core Speed is 3300MHz, whereas yours seems to be running at 3600MHz...dafuq is happening with my computer?!

(Running Win7)

Wit is educated insolence.

Software is not correctly reading with your components correctly imo. You are having some weird issues that I think are going to take some crazy way to fix it. Have you tried reseating the cpu and seeing if that makes a difference?

This is confusing me now. I got 40GFlops with LinX on stock speeds... Although CPU-Z says the Core Speed is 3300MHz' date=' whereas yours seems to be running at 3600MHz...dafuq is happening with my computer?! (Running Win7)[/quote']

Seems like you don't have turbo boost enabled or your CPU is running too hot for it to automatically overclock to the boost speed.

Software is not correctly reading with your components correctly imo. You are having some weird issues that I think are going to take some crazy way to fix it. Have you tried reseating the cpu and seeing if that makes a difference?

What do you mean that the software is not correctly reading my components? To me it seems like everything is normal... Can you elaborate on what you mean?

e0saJZ7.jpg

2500K at stock speeds.this gets my temps higher than p95,got it to 84C.p95 only ever got it to 76C after like 3 hours.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

e0saJZ7.jpg 2500K at stock speeds.this gets my temps higher than p95' date='got it to 84C.p95 only ever got it to 76C after like 3 hours. [/quote']

Thank you. I guess there is no error after all.

For me p95 gets like 1-2C hotter than LinX. Core temp also tells me that it consumes more power in p95. I wonder if this is because of 2500k vs 3570k or if it's your p95 settings? For p95 I click on blend first then on custom and set it to 80% of my ram. What settings do you use?