Nexus 5X gets a price cut - Now starting at $349

Guest Kloaked

So I guess personal experience with the phone just flat out doesn't matter, eh?

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

It's something to consider before blindly buying the phone.

It's something to consider before blindly buying the phone.

I don't think anyone purchasing a Nexus phone is blindly buying a phone.

I've seen you harp on Anandtech's review of it before, and we have been over this. They still say the phone is a solid one and a definite step up from the Nexus 5. You just blatantly ignore that because Anandtech has some throttling issues, something no one else seems to have but a minority of people.

For example, I've been watching the Nexus 5X and 6P subreddits ever since the launch of the phones so I can see the ups and downs of the phone from actual owners and not just from reviewers. On the 5X side, people reported noticeable throttling of performance, yellow-tinted displays, slow speeds over all, sluggish camera, etc.

I experienced none of that, and so have the vast majority of the N5X owners. I had a perfect phone and so did a majority of the N5X owners.

This is, again, like with every product from a major company like LG, one of those things where they calculate the amount of potential bad units versus the perfect ones due to some flaw in their process and decide if it's worth fixing the flaw or just replacing the phones of the poor saps who get a bad phone.

oneplus x is outdated, worse camera, worse processor, no fingerprint reader and you have to deal with oneplus.

At the price it's actually amazing.

Also it's not for the person who wants the highest specs, it's for a more typical user.

At the price it's actually amazing.

Also it's not for the person who wants the highest specs, it's for a more typical user.

There are way too many phones in that price category to choose from for it to be amazing. Zenphone 2 for performance, LG G Flex 2 for performance and camera, Onetouch Idol 3 for battery life and stereo speakers, Galaxy A5 for battery life, camera, build quality and Samsung reliability. 

It's not amazing, it slots it that category as all around boring phone with no exciting features.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

There are way too many phones in that price category to choose from for it to be amazing. Zenphone 2 for performance, LG G Flex 2 for performance and camera, Onetouch Idol 3 for battery life and stereo speakers, Galaxy A5 for battery life, camera, build quality and Samsung reliability.

It's not amazing, it slots it that category as all around boring phone with no exciting features.

Exactly, you've summed it up nicely.

Here in Belgium the price went from 479 € to 429 € ... That's still overpriced given the 1+1 offers the same performance for a much lower price-point.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Exactly, you've summed it up nicely.

Here in Belgium the price went from 479 € to 429 € ... That's still overpriced given the 1+1 offers the same performance for a much lower price-point.

I got my mother LG G Flex 2 as her first smartphone for 260 eur. The camera with OIS really helps inexperienced people and LG skin is very user friendly. Not to mention it looks really cool.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Paid €699 for my 6P 64GB Graphite in The Netherlands.... $763.63!!

Edit: Model and color added

I am planning to buy 5x, which will be 355 EUR from webshop. At this price point there really isnt much competition with the same form factor + camera quality + performance + futureproofness.

£299.99 in UK for 16GB model. I love Nexus 5 line from google :) 

Im still rocking N5 from 2013. Probably gonna upgrade it in 2016/17.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

£299.99 in UK for 16GB model. I love Nexus 5 line from google :) 

Im still rocking N5 from 2013. Probably gonna upgrade it in 2016/17.

I'm hoping they do a more "premium" 5" phone and not some gigantic phone that I can't use with one hand.

I'm hoping they do a more "premium" 5" phone and not some gigantic phone that I can't use with one hand.

People's hands dont get bigger so they wont release only 6inch phones. There will always be a smaller variant especially now when Apple will release the 4" smartphone (or have they already ?!)

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

People's hands dont get bigger so they wont release only 6inch phones. There will always be a smaller variant especially now when Apple will release the 4" smartphone (or have they already ?!)

Yeah that's not what I mean.

Basically same lineup, but a more premium 5" phone.

Yeah that's not what I mean.

Basically same lineup, but a more premium 5" phone.

oh, the top end hardware in smaller phone. Dont think its a good move for anybody but Apple. Apparently Apple sells the most smartphones out of all competitors.

oh, the top end hardware in smaller phone. Dont think its a good move for anybody but Apple. Apparently Apple sells the most smartphones out of all competitors.

One Plus does it, granted they do have compromises to make that price point. I'm not asking for a total unibody metal phone. Just a more premium phone instead of just plastic and an IPS display, but not on a phone that people with large hands can only one-hand.

I also don't want a Samsung or something like that. I want straight up Android without worrying about waiting on carriers to put their bloat on it.

its too expensive. i would rather buy a cheaper last year flagship. g3,s5 etc

heck lg gflex 2 is ~150e cheaper

Edited by s3ns3

Bummer.. I wish I would have seen this earlier I just spent $200 to repair the screen in my nexus 6. $100 more and I could gotten a new phone.

I think that this phone will be the best budget phone besides the Motorolas flagship.