iMac as external Monitor?

Im currently working on a gaming pc, and i want to make use of my 27" iMac display (mid 2011)

Is there any way i can use my iMac's display to connect to my gaming tower for gaming? 

Im currently working on a gaming pc, and i want to make use of my 27" iMac display (mid 2011)

Is there any way i can use my iMac's display to connect to my gaming tower for gaming?

Absolutely, just follow Apple's guide on using your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode.

post-5860-0-52312300-1452639919_thumb.jp

The system requirements are pretty straightforward too. I've included them below for your convenience.

You need the following to use Target Display Mode:

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

There is sort of a way. On the older pre-thunderbolt models, you could easily use a feature called Target Display Mode, which turns the iMac into basically an expensive monitor through mini displayport. On the newer ones, including yours, target display mode still exists, but you need to use thunderbolt, and as such I'm not sure if you can use it with a PC GPU (you'd defiantly need a thunderbolt port for one thing).

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

"target Display Mode" isnt restricted for Mac to Mac interaction ?

So i would need a mini display port for my pc tower that connects to mini display port on my imac (via thunderbolt port)

Can i use a display port to mini display port adapter for my pc end, to a mini display port for the mac ?

"target Display Mode" isnt restricted for Mac to Mac interaction ?

So i would need a mini display port for my pc tower that connects to mini display port on my imac (via thunderbolt port)

Can i use a display port to mini display port adapter for my pc end, to a mini display port for the mac ?

Target Display Mode can only be used from Mac computers, you won't be able to use it with your PC.