XBox One’s EA Access heads to PC as Origin Access

zMeul

source: https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/12/xbox-ones-ea-access-headed-to-pc-as-origin-access/

Screen-Shot-2016-01-12-at-19.17.05-e1452

It’s called Origin Access and those who sign up will get 15 total games at launch.

• Battlefield 3 SE
  • Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Dragon Age 2 SE
  • Dragon Age Inquisition Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
  • FIFA 15 SE
  • NFS: Rivals Complete Ed.
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  • SimCity (2013) SE
  • The Sims 3 Starter Pack
  • This War of Mine (Third party)
The new service will initially launch in the US, UK, Germany and Canada. 

It will run you $4.99/£3.99 a month, or $29.99 a year. Subscribers will be able to play EA games and trials ahead of launch, similar to the ten hour trial offered on EA Access through Xbox One.

---

I guess EA got enough people with loose wallets on XB1 that they expand this service to the PC user base
now, you can be a BETA/ALPHA tester on your own money, instead of you know ... getting paid

I just .. I can't .. how!?!? people do buy into this crap?! I guess they do  :unsure:

If it comes with the new need for speed when it releases I will probably get it, I want to play dragon age too. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well idiots will be idiots, and you'd be surprised at how many people will fall for this BS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Can someone explain to me how this is BS or bad? Other than saying it comes from Origin? You do realize you own 0 games through Steam as well right?

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

I love how the summed up value of those titles on steam or origin is currently about 70$...

And only 4, maybe 5 are actually good.

Can someone explain to me how this is BS or bad? Other than saying it comes from Origin? You do realize you own 0 games through Steam as well right?

will run you $4.99/£3.99 a month, or $29.99 a year. Subscribers will be able to play EA games and trials ahead of launch

EA is asking people to give their money to EA to beta test.

PMSL

Could be worth it for anyone willing to play most of those vaulted games. Could have access and play all those games for a year at a much cheaper price than probably buying a few of those games (I doubt you will continue playing them after the year). Does this include the DLCs that the games offer? Would be a bit lame if it didn't. Not sure how long it takes for a game to enter the vault, but it doesn't seem that bad to me. They should give better discounts though, since GMG easily gives 20%+ off.

Are there no Mass Effect games on Origin?

On topic, this is actually a very good deal for people who haven't played these games. I guess the OP and 1st few people to comment don't know math.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I like the subscription ideas... I do the same with Netflix, Neon, Spotify, etc so why not games? It means I have to deal with 0 upfront costs and just pay a monthly fee and they'll add more games as time goes on. 

I couldn't think of anything better. I'd love to see a $10-15 a month plan that has the new games as well though. 

On topic, this is actually a very good deal for people who haven't played these games. I guess the OP and 1st few people to comment don't know math.

I love how the summed up value of those titles on steam or origin is currently about 70$...

PMSL

Not sure how i feel about this, its not a particularly long list of games is it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

And only 4, maybe 5 are actually good.

EA is asking people to give their money to EA to beta test.

That's your opinion that they are good or not, it's not fact. Each person has their own genre that they like to play. EA is offering and additional way to play their games. They can still buy them outright or they can just simply subscribe to try out games that they probably wouldn't have paid full price to try out or play. Playing games early does not make them beta testers. The fact that you're saying that shows you have no idea what goes into the QA of a project. Do you hate Netflix as well?

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Not sure how i feel about this, its not a particularly long list of games is it

I'd say it's a great value if you haven't already played those games and want to.

I'd probably buy a month to test run Star Wars but it's not on the list, would kind of like be renting the game for PC.

Maybe you should go back to the OP and see how much it costs in a year. My comment still stands. You people don't know math.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'd say it's a great value if you haven't already played those games and want to.

I'd probably buy a month to test run Star Wars but it's not on the list, would kind of like be renting the game for PC.

Yeah agreed, sadly I already own most of them, or at least the ones i want

how do I feel about subscriptions, idk on the fence

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

From what I know you can only get ME3 through origin and getting all the DLCs requires so much effort that it's much more convenient to just pirate the games with the DLCs. 

Actually this is a pretty good idea for grinders. for example a kid on summer holiday is easily going 100+ hours ingame per week or two weeks.. Id say its the kind of thing id sub to for a single month to grind out some of the games it offers especially with racing games which can be finished in 10 hours but would cost £40 if you bought them normally.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I also just checked Origin. BF Hardline DE is 34.99, BF4 DE is 29.99 and DA Inquisition is 39.99. I'm sure you're getting the picture and I don't need to bother listing the prices for the other games. Where did $70 come from? Please tell me again how this is a bad deal. I would pay the sub fee just for DA Inquisition alone.

Looks kinda nice I think I'll subscribe and if the list doesn't grow I'll just cancel the subscription.

I think this kind of a service is great. Of course a lot depends on if you have played the games before. If you haven't played any of the games, or just a few before then you get a lot of content for the subscription. Time you have to spend on gaming is another factor to consider. If you don't have much time and don't plan to play many of the games, it might be cheaper to buy the games separate. If you have enough to time to play through a game or two in a month, then that is quite a lot of savings per month!

I can see one good thing, for those getting into pc gaming, and they dont have a tonne of money. They could just spend 4 pounds for the first month to try pc gaming, and have FULL access to actual games. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

After 2 years of using this service you would start to pay more for the games. And more are getting added constantly.

This isn't a bad deal by default, I don't know why so many see it as that.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

After 2 years of using this service you would start to pay more for the games. And more are getting added constantly.

This isn't a bad deal by default, I don't know why so many see it as that.

It's a subscription service. It's bad value unless what you get would be a lot more expensive on its own, and right now it's not. As for "more games will be added", why do you think there are no new games on there? They are just offering the games they know they probably won't sell many copies of from now on. It's just like the "on the house" thing, except at least that's free.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Some idiots on here. It costs $70+ to buy all the titles and a year costs $30 ......mmmmmmmmm I'm getting ripped off here ain't I

Idiots

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Considerimg most of these were released in humble bundles and the fact that most people already own the games its not too good for the majority of gamers. However for the people who are transitioning to pc its pretty good value