Dual 32" Displays or Single ultrawide 34" Display

MzCatieB

So i was wondering what everyone's opinion on this would be

Dual 32" display 1440p

Single 34" Display 1440p 

Character artist in the Games industry.

You mean dual.

Take your pick. You can better multitask on two monitors.

I'd personally go with 2 27" not 32, that sounds like it would be a huge "Payne" in the ass to look around the screen, while moving your head, it will be just uncomfortable.

so in your case, 1 ultra wide should do it

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

i need for work and gaming, more space is better for productivity

Character artist in the Games industry.

if you use them alot for productivity aswell the 2 monitors should give you more effective space. also you have to take into account the PC-power you need to drive those monitors. playing on 34" 1440p you need a beast of a PC. 1 1440p your pc has to be really good aswell but its more managable. 1 34" obviously looks more neat and more boss. could also get 1 ultra wide and a cheaper monitor to put it above that for some extra space.

MOBO MSI X99s Gaming 7 - CPU i7-5820K - RAM 16gb ddr4 Ram - GPU Zotac 980GTX Amp! Edition - CASE NZXT H440 - STORAGE 2 Crucial 256gb SSD (Raid 0) 6tb WD Green - PSU Corsair 850W - COOLER Be Quiet Dark Rock 3

I have the 34" Dell, as well as two 16:10 ratio 27" Dells. For productivity I prefer the dual 27s, but it depends on the application which monitor is better suited. For me, the 27s win out most of the time, especially for CAD design work and writing/editing/viewing documents. The ultrawide is really 1.5 monitors wide, so you can have 3 documents side by side instead of two, which can be nice. I mostly use it for media consumption/gaming and Excel spreadsheets where width is a huge bonus, for most everything else I prefer the height of the 16:10 ratio (and the lower pixel density on my old monitors-- means less scaling for someone with crap eyes like me). Again, it depends on your workflow which is the better option.

For gaming, you really don't need a beast mode computer to run the 34" 1440p ultrawide. My computer is an i7-950 from 2010 paired with an R9 290, neither of which is overclocked, and I can play games to my heart's content at high settings for the most part. You may have to turn down some detail sliders in the newest AAA games, but that's a whole lot cheaper than building a computer!