[RESOLVED] Validation Issues/Not getting the email

Couldn't login with hotmail, always getting error  wrong password, also tried to send forgot password mail, no sing of that mail in my outlook inbox or junk.

Logged in with facebook login. :|

been having this issue aswell but just log in with my steam instead so i can still get in

Aselwyn1

Yup,

I've even gone to the point of asking the admins to delete my old hotmail-type account here. It's a pain in the ...

All the best everyone..

Curt

I just switched my email to a McSoft account to test a quick fix, which worked.
For people who want to use their affected accounts:

Add

do.not.reply@linustechtips.com

to your contacts, Instructions here.

This allows you to receive confirmation emails, LTT Digest and forum announcements. Note that it can take a minute or two for the new contact to show up etc... so wait until you can see the new LTT contact before re-sending a confirmation or test email to your account. (note that this only works for emails from that specific address, which LTT uses for the types of email mentioned AFAIK)

[Edit - As well as the above step, you should also check your forum account notification settings and make sure that you are set to recieve emails. I recommend enabling email notifications for everything at first, make sure you hit save after making any necessary changes. You can edit the settings again to you liking once you confirm it's working. When logged in to your forum account the notification settings are Here. ]

You can also create a rule that will send all mail from [at]linustechtips.com to a specific LTT folder, Instructions here. (I dont think this is necessary but it will reduce inbox clutter if you tend to get alot of notifications)

Or, alternatively, log in your account and go here: mail.live.com/?page=ManageRules. Then click 'New'.

Use option 'Sender Contains' and paste the following including quotes ( " )

"@linustechtips.com"

then choose 'Move To', then choose a folder or create a new one with the drop down menu.

Either of those steps should mean any mail that gets through will be in one place, unless it's not sent from a linustechtips.com address.

Obviously this isn't a proper or permanent fix but i skimmed the replies on this thread and didn't see anyone else suggest this.

[Edit - This was done using an Outlook account, but it should work for hotmail etc.. as well]

Edited by PepeSilvia
1st - forgot to specify a/c type, 2nd - included additional step

6 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Add

This allows you to receive confirmation emails, LTT Digest and forum announcements. Note that it can take a minute or two for the new contact to show up etc... so wait until you can see the new LTT contact before re-sending a confirmation or test email to your account. (note that this only works for emails from that specific address, which LTT uses for the types of email mentioned AFAIK)

You can also create a rule that will send all mail from [at]linustechtips.com to a specific LTT folder, Instructions here. (I dont think this is necessary though)

Or, alternatively, log in your account and go here: mail.live.com/?page=ManageRules. Then click 'New'.

then choose 'Move To', then choose a folder or create a new one with the drop down menu.

Either of those steps should mean any mail that gets through will be in one place, unless it's not sent from a linustechtips.com address.

Obviously this isn't a proper or permanent fix but i skimmed the replies on this thread and didn't see anyone else suggest this.

[Edit - This was done using an Outlook account, but it should work for hotmail etc.. as well]

If that works for you, that's a good sign, but previously (before this thread was created), some people did try that, and it didn't work.

HTTP/2 203

On 6/3/2016 at 9:31 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If that works for you, that's a good sign, but previously (before this thread was created), some people did try that, and it didn't work.

It worked for the change of email confirmation to an outlook account, specifically by adding do.not.reply to 'people. I just checked the notification settings and I didnt have anything selected for email so have changed all to send an email as well as the newsletter. I'll update this post tomorrow or as soon as i get an email, if i do.

[EDIT - Update] I can confirm that i've recieved notifications via email after editing my account notifcation settings, i'll ammend my original post to include this. [/edit]

Also, I just checked the previous email A/C i was using and there's nothing there. Not sure if it's already in the works but it might be a good idea to set up a final email for switching email addresses along the lines of 'You have successfully changed your associated email address, you will no longer receive emails from LTT to this address. If this is an error contact us' .

Edited by PepeSilvia
Update confirming workaround

On 3/6/2016 at 10:13 PM, PepeSilvia said:

Add

Thanks Pepe Silvia it worked for me was able to retrieve my account.

Your method works for my hotmail account.

On 06/03/2016 at 4:13 AM, PepeSilvia said:

Add

[Edit - As well as the above step, you should also check your forum account notification settings and make sure that you are set to recieve emails. I recommend enabling email notifications for everything at first, make sure you hit save after making any necessary changes. You can edit the settings again to you liking once you confirm it's working. When logged in to your forum account the notification settings are Here. ]

You can also create a rule that will send all mail from [at]linustechtips.com to a specific LTT folder, Instructions here. (I dont think this is necessary but it will reduce inbox clutter if you tend to get alot of notifications)

Thanks, finally got access to my account again! Just added them as a contact and the reset email came through straight away!

My server used to have this issue for awhile.  Didn't improve at all until I ensured I had valid SPF records (which people already suggested)  and really helped once I had a valid DKIM entry as well.

Can generate an entry if you don't currently have one here:

http://dkimcore.org/tools/

In theory, emails to microsoft domains should now be working. If it's not, please let me know and I'll see what else I can do.

HTTP/2 203

Microsoft account holders need to whitelist do.not.reply@linustechtips.com ... worked for me.

It seems like MS thinks LTT mail is some kind of ultra-spam that will never even make it into the spam folder, just shot down into oblivion.

7 hours ago, ericn32 said:

Microsoft account holders need to whitelist do.not.reply@linustechtips.com ... worked for me.

It seems like MS thinks LTT mail is some kind of ultra-spam that will never even make it into the spam folder, just shot down into oblivion.

Did you try without whitelisting first? I'm hoping that this issue has been fixed now. 

HTTP/2 203

Aye, this happened to me as well tho it did send it but it took a bit longer than these things normally do... It's not just this site either, it's also happening with swtor and their One-Time Password emails. :| I hope Microsoft can get this sorted soon.

Yeah I had to stop using my Hotmail account ages ago for signups because it wasn't receiving mail from certain services like for example Battle.net :( I switched to my Gmail account instead which solved the problem :)

It is what it is but maybe we can make it better.

On 21/03/2016 at 6:35 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Did you try without whitelisting first? I'm hoping that this issue has been fixed now. 

I've removed the stuff i set up for the work around, so will update when/if i know its working. @colonel_mortis if you reply to this post i'll let you know as soon as i see it.

I havent tried a fresh account though i can if need be

30 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

I've removed the stuff i set up for the work around, so will update when/if i know its working. @colonel_mortis if you reply to this post i'll let you know as soon as i see it.

I havent tried a fresh account though i can if need be

No need to try a fresh account, but thanks for offering.

HTTP/2 203

On 27/03/2016 at 0:49 AM, colonel_mortis said:

No need to try a fresh account, but thanks for offering.

Tried a new account @hotmail.com cause i'd already set it up. The confirm email address came through straight away (it didnt previously), landed in junk folder. Nice work :)

[eds]

Almost immediately after designating donotreply@ltt as "Not Junk" i recieved an email from postmaster@hotmail.com

Sent:Mon 28/03/2016 06:26

Consumer JMR - Not Junk Mail Submission 28/03/2016 13:26:21

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[there was an alphanumeric outlook address here]

Not sure what too make of that/havent seen it before. Lemme know if you'd like the email fwd'd.

[/eds]

Right after seeing this tried to use normal password recovery option & after years finally got the account back.