[RESOLVED] Validation Issues/Not getting the email

Yeah my account is toast too. Password not working after the update and now I can't reset it. Had to log on with steam and make a new account, email verification with the new account didn't work either, even though I was using a non-microsoft address. Are you guys sure this is just a microsoft-issue?

3 minutes ago, nj4ck-2 said:

Yeah my account is toast too. Password not working after the update and now I can't reset it. Had to log on with steam and make a new account, email verification with the new account didn't work either, even though I was using a non-microsoft address. Are you guys sure this is just a microsoft-issue?

We know emails are not getting to MS domains... for other domains there can be various transient issues why they don't show up. Use the contact use form and list all the details for your various accounts (since it sounds like you have multiple now) and will work to get you sorted out.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

35 minutes ago, Whaler_99 said:

We know emails are not getting to MS domains... for other domains there can be various transient issues why they don't show up. Use the contact use form and list all the details for your various accounts (since it sounds like you have multiple now) and will work to get you sorted out.

Thank you. The validation for this account worked on the second try, although I did get an error message at first when clicking the link. I already sent an email listing the details of my main account to forum@linusmediagroup.com.

11 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

We likely would exceed the volume limit of Gmail and we would be in violation of Google's ToS. It's not really a solution. 

Who hosts your emails? 

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

23 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Who hosts your emails? 

We use SendGrid to send emails for the forum. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

33 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

We use SendGrid to send emails for the forum. 

Could it be that?

- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, LittleCarrot said:

Could it be that?

No, it's on Microsoft's end. They're infamous for silently dropping emails for no reason. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

4 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

No, it's on Microsoft's end. They're infamous for silently dropping emails for no reason. 

If you were to send the email manually would it show? 

- Albert Einstein

On 4/2/2016 at 1:51 PM, LittleCarrot said:

Have you thought of Making a gmail for the Website. it might work

Before we switched to SendGrid we actually looked into pricing for using Gmails's business tools to send our emails however it worked out to be significantly more expensive. At the moment Microsoft have not acknolowedged the issue and we're not the only customer affected. It also doesn't just affect SendGrid but a number of other mail services.

Just now, Windspeed36 said:

Before we switched to SendGrid we actually looked into pricing for using Gmails's business tools to send our emails however it worked out to be significantly more expensive. At the moment Microsoft have not acknolowedged the issue and we're not the only customer affected. It also doesn't just affect SendGrid but a number of other mail services.

This is a bit off topic. I remember during the beta that images in signatures were allowed. Any chance for a test run for that?

- Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

If they are so infamous for being bad..... why do you use them?

8 hours ago, Trikein said:

They don't, they mean that members using microsoft email provider cannot receive emails from this community.

3 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

This is a bit off topic. I remember during the beta that images in signatures were allowed. Any chance for a test run for that?

No. Especially on mobile, it's just a waste of bandwidth. 

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, Trikein said:

If you read bit up, you see that its members who have email account from MS, not forum. Which, as said earlier, uses special service for massdeliver and receive emails.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, swapnil.sonawane007 said:

are you talking about outlook?

Outlook, live, hotmail, and any other domains that Microsoft use for emails.

HTTP/2 203

On 1/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, Windspeed36 said:

Hi all,

We're still experiencing issues with Microsoft email domains dropping validation emails and password reset emails. Please generate a support ticket or contact a staff member if you're having issues with resetting your password or validating your account.

If you can't access your account, please contact forum@linusmediagroup.com with your username AND email address.

This issue affects all Microsoft email domains (.co.uk, .de, .com etc.)

Thanks!

Hopefully it gets fixed soon! I want to use my main email for my account

I literally tweeted Linus about this... Its kind of hard to know this is an issue when you are stuck on the Validation page...

At least its a known problem.

Probably not related, but Google just put in a place to require TLS encryption. See here and here. I only mention it because I think you guys use google apps. Could Microsoft's email server not have this, causing the problem? Just spit balling. 

13 hours ago, Trikein said:

Probably not related, but Google just put in a place to require TLS encryption. See here and here. I only mention it because I think you guys use google apps. Could Microsoft's email server not have this, causing the problem? Just spit balling. 

No, that's not related.

HTTP/2 203

Thanks for getting back to me and validating my account. I had been waiting for about 2 weeks for something to happen.

Just glad to be able to sign in finally!

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

I signed up today and i noticed that when using a Gmail account it comes through as a promotion.

26 minutes ago, JLanzon said:

I signed up today and i noticed that when using a Gmail account it comes through as a promotion.

Thats problem in Gmails end. Gmail guesses what email might be about from title/content and then puts it into category. You can move emails between categories yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Correct, same as when Outlook moves something to the SPAM/Junk folder, that is Outlook deciding that in its infinite wisdom. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99