[RESOLVED] Validation Issues/Not getting the email

Hi all,

We're still experiencing issues with Microsoft email domains dropping validation emails and password reset emails. Please generate a support ticket or contact a staff member if you're having issues with resetting your password or validating your account.

If you can't access your account, please contact forum@linusmediagroup.com with your username AND email address.

This issue affects all Microsoft email domains (.co.uk, .de, .com etc.)

Thanks!

Why does this happen? What backend does the forum use?

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

The problem appears to be on Microsoft's end, and we have been looking into solutions.

HTTP/2 203

I've had to login using Steam. The email finally came through today. Finally.

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

Iv only just managed to reset my password yesterday after not being able to for almost 5 months.

Sent around a dozen emails to LTT forum admins and didnt get a response over that 5 month period. (still havnt)

Im in now though (obviously)

Iv only just managed to reset my password yesterday after not being able to for almost 5 months.

Sent around a dozen emails to LTT forum admins and didnt get a response over that 5 month period. (still havnt)

Im in now though (obviously)

Hey, where were you sending the emails for support?

Hey, where were you sending the emails for support?

I was sending to forum@linusmediagroup.com

That was the only contact email address I could find on the support page. I tried to raise a 'ticket' but ran into an error because i needed to be logged in to raise a ticket.

Issue has been resolved, I could of created a new account and raised a ticket that way but that was a long winded process I didnt want to go through 

I was sending to forum@linusmediagroup.com

That was the only contact email address I could find on the support page. I tried to raise a 'ticket' but ran into an error because i needed to be logged in to raise a ticket.

Issue has been resolved, I could of created a new account and raised a ticket that way but that was a long winded process I didnt want to go through 

Okay thanks for letting us know - I'm having a few procedures changed so that responses are quicker on that email address.

You guys should really add this as a note to the registration page would have  saved alot of time and frustration trying to get my hotmail account validated.

Hi all,

We're still experiencing issues with Microsoft email domains dropping validation emails and password reset emails. Please generate a support ticket or contact a staff member if you're having issues with resetting your password or validating your account.

Thanks!

How dose the new version of the fourm deal with it. Weren't you a moderator?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

How dose the new version of the fourm deal with it. Weren't you a moderator?

The new forum will have the same issue.

HTTP/2 203

An alternate fix to this (For those using Microsofts emails) Simply log into the account, go to profile -> edit profile -> change email address. I changed my email from an outlook to a Gmail and it worked instantly.

Updated with contact info

This can be easily solved by using Transactional Email services from Sendgrid or Mailgun or Mandrill

if you choose to use them use SendGrid  

have a greatday

This can be easily solved by using Transactional Email services from Sendgrid or Mailgun or Mandrill

if you choose to use them use SendGrid  

have a greatday

Thank you for the suggestion, we currently do use SendGrid :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Would it be prudent to post some details of the problem so users might be able to think of a fix or other work arounds? Is it at the DNS level? Server level? Would email headers help? I can create a test account and see if I can replicate/isolate/eliminate but don't want to push my crazed geek lust to fix things onto others. xD

PS. LOVE the new look and functions. Worth every tiny inconvenience that may pop up. Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Trikein said:

Would it be prudent to post some details of the problem so users might be able to think of a fix or other work arounds? Is it at the DNS level? Server level? Would email headers help? I can create a test account and see if I can replicate/isolate/eliminate but don't want to push my crazed geek lust to fix things onto others. xD

PS. LOVE the new look and functions. Worth every tiny inconvenience that may pop up. Keep up the good work!

The issue is on Microsoft's end, and as far as we know there's nothing you can do about it. 

HTTP/2 203

Have you contacted Microsoft about the issue?

On 1/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, Windspeed36 said:

Hi all,

If you can't access your account, please contact forum@linusmediagroup.com with your username AND email address.

Thanks!

On 1/17/2016 at 2:50 PM, colonel_mortis said:

The problem appears to be on Microsoft's end, and we have been looking into solutions.

Just my two cents, I know you use GoogleApps but you guys don't have an SPF record for your domain. Some SPAM filters can be fickle about that.

You could also do a health check of your domain with the Outbound SMTP tool here: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

I've had issues with Time Warner and Microsoft on email domains before because of missing or messed up SPF records or reverse DNS.

19 minutes ago, Daring said:

Have you contacted Microsoft about the issue?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Samishere said:

Just my two cents, I know you use GoogleApps but you guys don't have an SPF record for your domain. Some SPAM filters can be fickle about that.

You could also do a health check of your domain with the Outbound SMTP tool here: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

I've had issues with Time Warner and Microsoft on email domains before because of missing or messed up SPF records or reverse DNS.

There is an SPF record for the domain, and I have just verified that it is valid.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes

There is an SPF record for the domain, and I have just verified that it is valid.

I just used mxtoolbox.com to do an SPF record lookup of linusmediagroup.com and it says no record.

2 minutes ago, Samishere said:

I just used mxtoolbox.com to do an SPF record lookup of linusmediagroup.com and it says no record.

Emails are sent from linustechtips.com, not linusmediagroup.com

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Emails are sent from linustechtips.com, not linusmediagroup.com

Gotcha, I assumed linusmediagroup because of the forum@linusmediagroup.com posts.

On 1/29/2016 at 4:29 PM, Windspeed36 said:

Updated with contact info

Have you thought of Making a gmail for the Website. it might work

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

Have you thought of Making a gmail for the Website. it might work

We likely would exceed the volume limit of Gmail and we would be in violation of Google's ToS. It's not really a solution. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB