Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doinurmop

G502 Spectrum

Posted · Original PosterOP

So Is anyone else but me surprised, that is basically the same price as the old mouse? Because when I see rgb, I see a large rise in price. 

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

I'm very surprised.

Well, calling it the same price doesn't work in Canada.

That damn this is 100 Canadian maple flavored dollars from timmies... Eh.

I'm very surprised.

Well, calling it the same price doesn't work in Canada.

That damn this is 100 Canadian maple flavored dollars from timmies... Eh.

Rip canada.

Thankfully it's cheaper if not the same price in the UK, since the normal g502 has been fluxuating like a bitch, it's in my price range then it's out of it, in out, in out, I don't want a dick up my ass, I want a good £60 mouse in my hand.

weird way to put it.

Rip canada.

Thankfully it's cheaper if not the same price in the UK, since the normal g502 has been fluxuating like a bitch, it's in my price range then it's out of it, in out, in out, I don't want a dick up my ass, I want a good £60 mouse in my hand.

weird way to put it.

get a G100S or G103. also I am not supprised.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

g103 is a keyboard lmao

Nah, my eyes are basically set on getting the G502, I'll be able to get it, if it doesn't keep doing that shit.

I wish you could bring in your normal G502 and exchange it for a RGB G502 for a small fee...but i doubt that would happen because logitech would lose money.

That'd be pretty neat, but a dumb idea on their front

the MSRP is the same

whether retailers like amazon, newegg, etc. sell it at the same price will be a different story

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the MSRP is the same

whether retailers like amazon, newegg, etc. sell it at the same price will be a different story

Currently it's £70 on amazon for pre order, we'll have to see if it goes up or down

MSRP means jack shit. Retailers sell at any price they deem fit. They know people will still pay more for something better.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

I expect the price to stay pretty much right at $70 for a few months while the OG 502 will drop a bit. The reason why the spectrum is not any more expensive is because: 1) RGB is really cheap to implement on a mouse (2 LEDs and a small change to the architecture of the mircrocontroller would probably cost ~$5). 2) The software was already in place, they just had to add the already existing RGB control to the 502 section of the software 3) Logitech already makes fairly large margins on their products. Yes, they are good products, but their reputation allows them to add a little extra to the cost for more profit. 

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

MSRP means jack shit. Retailers sell at any price they deem fit. They know people will still pay more for something better.

This is very true

I expect the price to stay pretty much right at $70 for a few months while the OG 502 will drop a bit. The reason why the spectrum is not any more expensive is because: 1) RGB is really cheap to implement on a mouse (2 LEDs and a small change to the architecture of the mircrocontroller would probably cost ~$5). 2) The software was already in place, they just had to add the already existing RGB control to the 502 section of the software 3) Logitech already makes fairly large margins on their products. Yes, they are good products, but their reputation allows them to add a little extra to the cost for more profit.

I see.
TBH I'll just buy whichever ends up cheaper, rgb isn't hugely important to me