Asus Vs. Acer

Well ACER QC is awful, which is why the ACER Predator X34 has so many issues, one of the issues is not getting to 100hz, so I expect the XH 1440p monitor has the same problem with 165hz

He might have ordered four of the ASUS PG279Q, however he only opened one of them. Also why do you keep comparing the PG279Q, when it is an AU Optronics panel (ACER) and ACER will get the cherry picked panels.

How about you start looking at other ASUS monitors, not designed by AU Optronics.

Also if you read the link you sent, it will show the AU Optronics panel in the ASUS PG279Q is a different version to the XB271HU

"So I've been curious about all these AUOptronics panel models used in these monitors:

XB270HU: M270DAN02.3

PG279Q: M270Q008 V0

S2716DG: M270DTN01.5

XB271HU: M270DAN02.6

The PG279Q definitely being the odd-ball."

http://www.overclock.net/t/1554247/build-log-vegas-2015-chromed-copper-tube-gaming-system/160

4 were opened, 4 suffered from the same issues which were returned, just so you know. It's not in that thread where he mentions the issues he had with which I believe was scanline issues plaguing all 4 of the 279Q.

And as above speculating about the 165 Hz due to brand bias over one panel, assuming is something you shouldn't do if you have no hands-on experience with any of these panels, that's like saying it's LG's fault for the X34 issues. Either way, the PG279Q and XB271HU are direct competitors and the 271HU is the better purchase, which you have even admitted more than once now.

As far as looking at other ASUS products, I like ASUS, I was also one of the early purchasers of the VG248QE and have nothing but good to say about it all things considered with it being TN. The difference between us though, is that I am not biased towards one brand or the other, I prefer to look at the variables relating to customer experience, quality control, and customer service. ASUS has failed all 3 with both 278/279 whereas Acer has failed 2 of those with the 270 and currently passes all 3 with the 271. I'm not biased towards Acer, I just recognize that at this current time the 271HU is the better buy over the 279Q, that's all. There's really nothing more to it, and blaming Acer for owning a display division is kind of petty. Perhaps they should develop their own panels or buy a company ;)

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Acer has better QC over Asus, but not by much.  They both have terrible support, but Acer has a little better.  That's kind of where it stands.  For me personally - I'll never have the perfect monitor for awhile because I only buy from Dell or BenQ due to the support / quality assurance and reliability.  Dell recently came out with their own G-Sync display, but it is TN.  High-quality TN, but still TN.  

Acer has better QC over Asus, but not by much.  They both have terrible support, but Acer has a little better.  That's kind of where it stands.  For me personally - I'll never have the perfect monitor for awhile because I only buy from Dell or BenQ due to the support / quality assurance and reliability.  Dell recently came out with their own G-Sync display, but it is TN.  High-quality TN, but still TN.  

Considering Dell's move there, I'm waiting on them to bring out a competing panel to the IPS offered by ASUS and Acer. I've said it before, but if Dell offered UltraSharp panel quality with IPS/144Hz+/GSync for under $1k, I'd be extremely tempted to buy one for testing purposes alone.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Considering Dell's move there, I'm waiting on them to bring out a competing panel to the IPS offered by ASUS and Acer. I've said it before, but if Dell offered UltraSharp panel quality with IPS/144Hz+/GSync for under $1k, I'd be extremely tempted to buy one for testing purposes alone.

I'm going to be curious to see if Dell goes all in on G-Sync.  I hope they're the first to release my dream monitor, though.  Even with OLED around the corner--AMVA+, 120hz, Ultrasharp, infinity-edge, and 32" 4K.  If they could do that--I can ignore HDR monitors and OLED coming out.  That right there would be a -dream-.

Well ACER QC is awful, which is why the ACER Predator X34 has so many issues, one of the issues is not getting to 100hz, so I expect the XH 1440p monitor has the same problem with 165hz

Why the hell do you expect that? Different panel, different electronics; they have literally nothing in common. With your lack of knowledge or even common sense you should just not post.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

ive got a pg278q the day it came out and im having a pg279q now since its release too. the ghosting on the pg279q is so bad that im selling it now. it just looks soo damn bad. im gonna give the acer X35 curved va panel a try (even tho its 2560x1080p) but im dont plan to go sli with my 980ti and prefer to be fps capped in every game, so this resolution is a good deal compared to 2560x1440p.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

ive got a pg278q the day it came out and im having a pg279q now since its release too. the ghosting on the pg279q is so bad that im selling it now. it just looks soo damn bad. im gonna give the acer X35 curved va panel a try (even tho its 2560x1080p) but im dont plan to go sli with my 980ti and prefer to be fps capped in every game, so this resolution is a good deal compared to 2560x1440p.

While I don't recommend anyone get the 279, why not just return it for a working panel instead of trying to sell it? Or perhaps getting a refund.

While I don't recommend anyone get the 279, why not just return it for a working panel instead of trying to sell it? Or perhaps getting a refund.

im from switzerland. return policy here aint like on amazon or newegg.. we can rarely return stuff we bought online even if its unopened. ive bought mine on 21. october 2015. no way they take it back or even exchange it with another screen even if im paying 300,- on top of it for a x34/z35. :-/

RMA is just a PITA

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

I kinda meant doing it through ASUS, but then again that could take months of waiting knowing how they are.

This is disheartening I was hoping the problems with QC would be fixed as I am going to get a premium monitor here in March. 

This is disheartening I was hoping the problems with QC would be fixed as I am going to get a premium monitor here in March.

Just make sure you can return it wherever you bought it if it has issues.

I think the acer is quite ugly wish they went with the x34 type stand. It doesnt help that the swift is one of the best looking monitors you can buy 

post-196573-0-70149400-1452820457.jpg

Why the hell do you expect that? Different panel, different electronics; they have literally nothing in common. With your lack of knowledge or even common sense you should just not post.

It was a joke

4 were opened, 4 suffered from the same issues which were returned, just so you know. It's not in that thread where he mentions the issues he had with which I believe was scanline issues plaguing all 4 of the 279Q.

And as above speculating about the 165 Hz due to brand bias over one panel, assuming is something you shouldn't do if you have no hands-on experience with any of these panels, that's like saying it's LG's fault for the X34 issues. Either way, the PG279Q and XB271HU are direct competitors and the 271HU is the better purchase, which you have even admitted more than once now.

As far as looking at other ASUS products, I like ASUS, I was also one of the early purchasers of the VG248QE and have nothing but good to say about it all things considered with it being TN. The difference between us though, is that I am not biased towards one brand or the other, I prefer to look at the variables relating to customer experience, quality control, and customer service. ASUS has failed all 3 with both 278/279 whereas Acer has failed 2 of those with the 270 and currently passes all 3 with the 271. I'm not biased towards Acer, I just recognize that at this current time the 271HU is the better buy over the 279Q, that's all. There's really nothing more to it, and blaming Acer for owning a display division is kind of petty. Perhaps they should develop their own panels or buy a company ;)

How about you start comparing panels not made by AU Optronics, they should stop making panels, as AU Optronics has awful QC and they are the reason all these monitors have problems. I think LG should take over and start making them.

If you look at monitors not made by AU Optronics you will notice ASUS monitors are good

Also comparing the ASUS PG279Q and XB271HU is not really possible, as they are different panels and AU Optronics (ACER) made them, so they could have used the cherry picked panels, this could be why they are different panels.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Also comparing the ASUS PG279Q and XB271HU is not really possible, as they are different panels and AU Optronics (ACER) made them, so they could have used the cherry picked panels, this could be why they are different panels.

They are compared because they are competing monitors, that's all there really is to it.