Audio-Technica ATH-M70X or Logitech G633 or Logitech G933 or Sennheiser HD 598

stijnweijters

Hey, (im new here srry....) 

I would like to ask everyone their opinion about the different headphones...

I will use them for CS:GO primarily (possibly BF4/ next BF-title) and maybe on my PS4.

price doesnt matter (no im not rich but, i love sound... i dont mind spending more or less...)

Thnx

-Stijn

598? It doesn't have a mic, so I'd pick up the Sennheiser HD 558's and a ModMic.

EDIT- note I said 558 in bold, since the 558 and 598 share the same drivers. The 558's have a bit smaller sound stage I've heard, which is OK for gaming.

I used to be quite active here.

598? It doesn't have a mic, so I'd pick up the Sennheiser HD 558's and a ModMic.

Yep.

M70X no, G933 hell no.

Why not buy something like DT770? IMO, DT770 stands above HD598 in terms of sound quality

soundstage doe 

A lot of people over-exaggerate the effect of soundstage in gaming. Yes it can help, but a bunch of people think getting a headphone with the best soundstage can give you an aimbot in fps games.

You can use $3K headphone but if one is shit at aiming, the person is shit nonetheless 

A lot of people over-exaggerate the effect of soundstage in gaming. Yes it can help, but a bunch of people think getting a headphone with the best soundstage can give you an aimbot in fps games.

You can use $3K headphone but if one is shit at aiming, the person is shit nonetheless

It's more about knowing the position of your enemy rather than aiming. This information is crucial for games like CS:GO especially within a highly organized team.

That being said, I rather have a balance of imaging and soundstage than going extreme with either.

true. soundstage is most noticeable with classic music in my experience 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

It's more about knowing the position of your enemy rather than aiming. This information is crucial for games like CS:GO especially within a highly organized team.

That being said, I rather have a balance of imaging and soundstage than going extreme with either.

Then how comes most of CSGO pros use IEM and the cheap one that is for their competition?

Then how comes most of CSGO pros use IEM and the cheap one that is for their competition?

A lot of the pros are sponsored by companies like razer and others who specializes in peripherals. Free swag man.

Plus the game-sense of those pro players can compensate for whatever eqipement they use.

Also some IEMs have pretty good imaging.

I do know a few pro TF2 players who uses AD2000X and A700X.