Trouble fitting GTX 590 into crappy cheap case

Ruostunut kokis
Go to solution Solved by BgG286,

Take everything out of your case, cut it, then make sure you clean all the little bits of metal out. Rebuild, Done.

So I got my GTX 590 few weeks ago, I was putting it into my PC, it just barely fits in there (it's almost too long). I got all the connectors into place, with the exception of one 8-pin connector...

Forgot to use macro.

post-23506-0-46498500-1378138165.jpg

What should I do? Not gonna sell my 590, as not many people want to buy it anymore (it was just 270€ when I bought it used). I preferably don't want to get another case, as I don't have much money to be used. If there's a lot better case for <50€, then I might think about it.

Back to point: should I get other case despite not having much money to be used, or just drill some holes to this case (30€ crappy case anyway)? I tried cutting it, but the aluminium is just too thick.

BTW Those cables above the video card are a huge mess. No cable routing options in that case.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

bitfenix outlaw

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Arc Midi R2, you can get those around that price

That's like 80€ here.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Arc Midi R2, you can get those around that price

The arc midi R2 goes for about 119.99 american, that's a far shot from 50 euros.

Cut that #%&!"#€" up!

Could be the best option. Got a drill, but haven't got time due to high school.

the bitfenix outlaw is only 37e

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Cut the case with a rotary tool.just empty it first (theres no other way)

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Cut the case with a rotary tool.just empty it first (theres no other way)

Haven't got such a tool. I guess drill could do the job.

The zalman z9 or z11 are cheap. They have great cooling features and can support up to 330cm for the gpu. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The arc midi R2 goes for about 119.99 american, that's a far shot from 50 euros.

On sale nope, they are 70$ at Newegg and NCIX

the bitfenix outlaw is only 37e

It's about 46€ here. Still though inside 50€ range

Take everything out of your case, cut it, then make sure you clean all the little bits of metal out. Rebuild, Done.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

On sale nope, they are 70$ at Newegg and NCIX

Newegg won't ship to Europe. Not sure about NCIX. Even then, that's beyond the 50€

Haven't got such a tool. I guess drill could do theRr

Right just use small drills and draw the line first.(less dust with drill but don't do it as it is make sure components will not get iron dust.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Sound's like the best thing for me. Not gonna bother with +50€ cases

file it down after you do, dont want any sharp edges in there

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Actually, from the looks of it, you might be able to get away with just getting a strong pair of pliers, and bending that little part right out.

EDIT: How many fingers can you fit between the case and the connector on the card?

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

This!~ I had to do that with one of my older cases

file it down after you do, don't want any sharp edges in there

Not gonna leave sharp edges if possible. That would damage either my fingers or cables.

Actually, from the looks of it, you might be able to get away with just getting a strong pair of pliers, and bending that little part right out.

EDIT: How many fingers can you fit between the case and the connector on the card?

In between the 8-pin connector and the case, just an index finger. Without the white aluminum junk metal in the way, probably 2 or more thumbs.

In between the 8-pin connector and the case, just an index finger. Without the white aluminum junk metal in the way, probably 2 or more thumbs.

Hmm.. bending it would be a tight squeeze with the connector. Cut it if you can, if not, bend the heck out of it.