SteelSeries Siberia V2 vs kingston hyperX cloud

brubru1998

thanks

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core / Evga 1070ti ftw 2 8 gb/ MSI B450 tomawack / Stock cooler/ G.SKILL 16gb 3000mhz RGB / 860 evo 500 GB /  XL2411 144HZ  / Western digital blue 1 TB 7200 RPM/ Corsair 760T (white) |Window 10 pro

hyperx cloud no contest

no problem

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I havent tried out the Siberia but the Clouds get my vote of confidence.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The Siberia V2 has a common issue with the left driver (or was it right?) that when you play very loud music or sound for a short period of time it will 'pop' or immediately stop producing sound permanently while the other driver will still work. This happened to me and someone else in this forum! 

Now this guy wasn't the same person who I talked to that has his Siberia V2 broken too, but this guy got the same problem as us: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/301673-replacing-driver-steelseries-siberia-v2-frost-blue/ So that makes three people I know in this forum that has broken Siberia V2 under similar conditions. I do not think it was a coincidence since it is also reported on other forums too where one driver just decided to stop working.

Mine only lasted for 2 months when this happened.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

snip

I've had 3 pairs of Siberia v2's. All got the same issue after a while, sound in right side stopped working. One did it after 6 months, one did it after a little over a year, and one lasted close to 3 years. 

OP: HyperX Cloud's are much better, get them. I've tried both. HyperX Clouds sound very good, with decent balance. The Siberia V2's sound hollow and are not very detailed. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I've had 3 pairs of Siberia v2's. All got the same issue after a while, sound in right side stopped working. One did it after 6 months, one did it after a little over a year, and one lasted close to 3 years. 

OP: HyperX Cloud's are much better, get them. I've tried both. HyperX Clouds sound very good, with decent balance. The Siberia V2's sound hollow and are not very detailed. 

Exactly!

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.