8320 vs 8350 vs 4670k

Go to solution Solved by D3MON,

What cpu should I choose for my new rig? I will use my PC for gaming and general work. 

In my country, the 8320 is 80 dollars cheaper than the 4670k and 50 dollars cheaper than the 8350. 

The 8320 is the sure pick right? However, I have a few questions: 

1) Will my gaming performance suffer(especially with CPU-bound games)? 

2) How high of an overclock would most 8320s reach? (First hand experience would be appreciated) 

sick of the playground fight over the last few pages (and dravic posting reviews of very old drivers doesnt help)

if your ONLY playing games like minecraft, skyrim, world of tanks and other games that are poorly threaded then get the i3, itll be about 10%faster (110fps instead of 100fps)

if your playing those games AND crysis, bf3, bf3, moh warfighter, gta4, gta5 and other mutithreaded games then get the fx8320, because those games use 4 cores (well you can run on 3 and bottleneck on 2) youll get more performance, on each of those games (ommiting gt5) im running around 75% cpu usage give or take...

bearing in mind piledriver is now on par and sometimes surpassing phenom youll have another 2 modules left for recording fraps or streaming at the same time, id pick an 8320 with a decent cooler (hyper 212 evo, be quit dark knight pro, GlacialTech Igloo H58 if itll fit [i really want 1! :(] over an 8350, i dont think theres much if any difference in the binning anymore..

also there is only a small amount of performance to be had from overclocking a cpu (unless your in those poorly threaded games) and practically nothing more to be had over 4.4ghz.

http://www.techspot.com/review/655-bioshock-infinite-performance/page5.html

not much to be gained

http://www.techspot.com/review/458-battlefield-3-performance/page7.html

not much to be gained.

http://www.techspot.com/review/642-crysis-3-performance/page6.html

poorly optimised, likes fast speeds.

with those games like skyrim, minecraft etc i wouldnt worry anyway cus those games usually give you 214235 frames a second anyway/

:-) happy gaming. B)

Funny because Radeon can't use more than 2 cores I think for the GPU drivers while nvidia GeForce runs on multiple cores for years now. Thus Radeon vs GeForce equivalent with amd FX, GeForce will always win.

So it seems that even GPU section of amd doesn't give shit about multi core support.

also... More than one GPU on amd FX cpu is very ineffective even in GPU driven games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-scaling-bottleneck,3471.html

AMD gpu-s are amazing as single cards but CF configurations can be bad, you are misleading the OP here, because he never said anything about multi gpu, nor did i ever say what gpu he should buy, and your comment has nothing to do with his CPU choice, since this is a CF vs SLI review...

Historically SLI is a more stable option and it gives better scaling, and amd has a notorious habit of making "sub par" drivers, but they are improving, and this old link does not contain the new driver updates that fix frametime issues with CF, they fixed it for the most part, but they will improve in the future.

And i believe the gpu debate is for another thread, not this, and one more thing, i have never saw a high core count effecting an AMD card different than it did with an Nvidia card soooo, i don't see your point, that applies only in multi gpu configurations because SLI is more advanced and scales better like i said...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

AMD gpu-s are amazing as single cards but CF configurations can be bad, you are misleading the OP here, because he never said anything about multi gpu, nor did i ever say what gpu he should buy, and your comment has nothing to do with his CPU choice, since this is a CF vs SLI review...

Historically SLI is a more stable option and it gives better scaling, and amd has a notorious habit of making "sub par" drivers, but they are improving, and this old link does not contain the new driver updates that fix frametime issues with CF, they fixed it for the most part, but they will improve in the future.

And i believe the gpu debate is for another thread, not this, and one more thing, i have never saw a high core count effecting an AMD card different than it did with an Nvidia card soooo, i don't see your point, that applies only in multi gpu configurations because SLI is more advanced and scales better like i said...

You missed the parts where they tested single gpu vs single gpu on FX 8350? GeForce wins even though an ARMY of AMD fanboys swear by the GPU. Single Radeon 7970 wins on Intel tho (since these cards weren't even overclocked, the Radeon loses in some parts a bit but that's easily fix-able).

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Then don't invest in any platform, intel has alluded broadwell won't be 1150. AM3+ has no certain future either.

Feature, not future

You missed the parts where they tested single gpu vs single gpu on FX 8350? GeForce wins even though an ARMY of AMD fanboys swear by the GPU. Single Radeon 7970 wins on Intel tho (since these cards weren't even overclocked, the Radeon loses in some parts a bit but that's easily fix-able).

I read that review on release... you are wasting your time, i had ATI and Nvidia cards over the years, and the only thing i can say that is better on Nvidia are the drivers, and not by a lot, so your argument is not valid, this thread is over anyway, no reason to keep this up...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

• 3 weeks later...

What cpu should I choose for my new rig? I will use my PC for gaming and general work. 

In my country, the 8320 is 80 dollars cheaper than the 4670k and 50 dollars cheaper than the 8350. 

The 8320 is the sure pick right? However, I have a few questions: 

1) Will my gaming performance suffer(especially with CPU-bound games)? 

2) How high of an overclock would most 8320s reach? (First hand experience would be appreciated) 

sick of the playground fight over the last few pages (and dravic posting reviews of very old drivers doesnt help)

if your ONLY playing games like minecraft, skyrim, world of tanks and other games that are poorly threaded then get the i3, itll be about 10%faster (110fps instead of 100fps)

if your playing those games AND crysis, bf3, bf3, moh warfighter, gta4, gta5 and other mutithreaded games then get the fx8320, because those games use 4 cores (well you can run on 3 and bottleneck on 2) youll get more performance, on each of those games (ommiting gt5) im running around 75% cpu usage give or take...

bearing in mind piledriver is now on par and sometimes surpassing phenom youll have another 2 modules left for recording fraps or streaming at the same time, id pick an 8320 with a decent cooler (hyper 212 evo, be quit dark knight pro, GlacialTech Igloo H58 if itll fit [i really want 1! :(] over an 8350, i dont think theres much if any difference in the binning anymore..

also there is only a small amount of performance to be had from overclocking a cpu (unless your in those poorly threaded games) and practically nothing more to be had over 4.4ghz.

not much to be gained

not much to be gained.

with those games like skyrim, minecraft etc i wouldnt worry anyway cus those games usually give you 214235 frames a second anyway/

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVeN6WEGgg&list=PL8mG-RkN2uTzThDLOVYT6e0WpVz_0-dRc&index=1

You're not going to try tell me Linus' video isn't reliable.......

DAMN IT I'M TOO LATE I MISSED OUT 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

not much to be gained

not much to be gained.

Thanks for the input. Could you recommend me a AM3+ motherboard? 

i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | Z87 Gryphon + Armor Kit | ASUS R9-280X | Corsair 350D | Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | XFX Black Edition 80+ Gold 750W | Dell P2314H 

Feature, not future

I think he meant future, AM3+ is already an old socket, AMD might kill it soon, and I actually hope so, they could do with something new... 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

More cores is always better for the future gaming.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

Flame wars and whatnot aside. Given that the fx9*** series are just a higher level binned cpu otherwise the same as the 83**s, the 8320 might not overclock as good as it used to, same with the 8350. I have no experience with these though, but i guess what I'm saying is that people who have experience with these CPUs from a couple of months ago might not be too relevant either :P

And one of the most important teachings: Look at the feature set of each platform, it might be more important than the few frames here and there that would otherwise separate the platforms...

Then don't invest in any platform, intel has alluded broadwell won't be 1150. AM3+ has no certain future either.
Feature, not future
I think he meant future, AM3+ is already an old socket, AMD might kill it soon, and I actually hope so, they could do with something new...

Maybe he did, but I didn't ;)

More cores is always better for the future gaming.

My phone has a quadcore. Is it good for gaming? -no. They individual cores have to be strong aswell, that's why my answer on this topic is the 4670K

who cares...

Maybe he did, but I didn't ;)

oh, didn't really notice that... but my point still stands. but: AM3+ (or rather 990FX chipset) does feature more PCI-e lanes (unless I misread where-ever that was) and better storage options than Z68 and Z77. Z87 did get 6x 6Gb/s SATA, like 990FX has. 

My phone has a quadcore. Is it good for gaming? -no. They individual cores have to be strong aswell, that's why my answer on this topic is the 4670K

Hahaha, i can't stop laughing now. :D Ultimate answer to this topic.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

oh, didn't really notice that... but my point still stands. but: AM3+ (or rather 990FX chipset) does feature more PCI-e lanes (unless I misread where-ever that was) and better storage options than Z68 and Z77. Z87 did get 6x 6Gb/s SATA, like 990FX has. 

Pcie 2.0 2x = Pcie 3.0 1x

8x + 8x Pcie 3.0 on haswell >>>>>>>>  8x + 8x Pcie 2.0 on AM3. Then you need 16x + 16x Pcie 2.0 on am3 to get same results and it's still a bit older standard.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Pcie 2.0 2x = Pcie 3.0 1x

8x + 8x Pcie 3.0 on haswell >>>>>>>>  8x + 8x Pcie 2.0 on AM3. Then you need 16x + 16x Pcie 2.0 on am3 to get same results and it's still a bit older standard.

Hmmm.. I read somewhere on the forum that AMD has good PCI-e support. okay I guess. also, Ivy Bridge also has PCI-e gen. 3 

Your gaming performance will suffer by approximately 50% in CPU-bound games.

Overclocked 8320 might hit anything from 4GHz to 5GHz, depends on how lucky you are. However you will need huge voltage increase.

And you will be drawing 3 times the wattage of Intel CPU after OCing, and still will be slower than stock clocked i5. We are talking about 200w and more vs 80w i5.

Consider this when picking CPU by price. unless you have energy for free and dont need to pay bills, you might actually save money by going with Intel (in the long run).

Also remember to count cost of a mobo for OCing FX processors. And the better PSU (unless you are buying good one anyway). And the cooling.

What mobo are you considering? Will you SLI/Crossfire in the future?

this guy is an even bigger fanboy than I am! You shouldn't do that sir, I am the professional fanboy here!

Anyway, on a more serious note, according to logan @ the tek syndicate, the 8350/8320 competes with the 3770k in crysis & far cry 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVGwj1_Qno

1) No, You'll be just fine.

2) I cant say, I don't have any experience with FX series (I'm buying an 8350 when I can though)

as for motherboard recommendations? I'd say the ECS A990FXM-A AM3+ @ $120

Thanks for the input. Could you recommend me a AM3+ motherboard? 

990fx is the way to go, ideally for the bigger chips you want an 8+2 powerphase so gigabyte ud3, ud5, ud7, asus crosshair 5, are the main ones, msi are awesome too.

http://www.overclock.net/t/946407/amd-motherboards-vrm-info-database

check that out  and pick a board that has the colour scheme you like.

fwiw 990fx has 2x16 lanes, or x16, x8, x8 and in the case of the gigabyte ud7 x8, x8, x8, x8

that said if you wanna run dual gpu you want a single card or dual card and pcie 2.0 x8 wont be problem with bandwidth (check out linus video from ages ago) 

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Except that is a terrible analogy, with most games the limiting factor is your gpu (I am an MMO player I am well aware there is situations whereby cpu can be the limiting factor but they aren't nearly as common and those that will care usually know about this anyway), your phone cores are like a push bike (They will eventually get the job done but it will take time), the 8320/8350 is like a family sedan (Will do the job just fine in a timely manner and has loading capacity) while the i5-4670k is like a 2 seat sports car (will do the task slightly faster at a slightly higher cost however has less loading capacity)... Then your gpu is like the speed limit thus making in 9/10 situations the difference between the sports car (i5) and the sedan (83xx) not worth noting.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)