Should weed be legal? [Discussion]

Overkilled
Go to solution Solved by Albatross,

What makes someone else think they can dictate another person's life and habits? I really want the answer to this, and no one against legalizing weed can answer  it (at least logically). If someone can smoke, drink, abort, own guns or whatnot, why can't someone have a little weed? Smoking, drinking and driving harms more people than weed, and yet they remain perfectly legal...

If its prescribed yes

otherwise no

it has more negatives than positives just like alcohol and cigarettes.

Making it legal would mean easier access. Easier access = more people using.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

a system that wants to help them?

are you sure we're talking about capitalizm here?

At which point did I mention capitalism?

If anything, I criticized unhindered capitalism by saying that I didn't give Ayn Rand much credit.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Drug use that directly affects a third-party is (and should stay) illegal. 

that sounds fair, but then people should rent prision cells for doping, that way they don't disturb people on the streets or their neighbours at home that would want to sleep instead

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

At which point did I mention capitalism?

that's implied we're living in a world dictated by capitalizm

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

that's implied we're living in a world dictated by capitalizm

Capitalism is an economic system. It has very little to say about what liberties the individual should enjoy. 

Being a libertarian doesn't necessarily imply that one is a capitalist.

that sounds fair, but then people should rent prision cells for doping, that way they don't disturb people on the streets or their neighbours at home that would want to sleep instead

Disturbing people in the streets or in their homes is already illegal in most countries.

The reason why people are disturing other people is irrelevant.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It's already legal where I live :P

But I dont really care. I would rather see tobacco go illegal, but that wont happen because of the lobbying by big cigarette companies 

And tax...

Yes, it should be HOWEVER have similar restrictions to alcohol

Didn't think we could keep this civil for this long.

Well done guys.

• 1 month later...

You can't really compare weed to Crystal meth and crack cocaine...

Yes.

Criminals would be "eliminated" faster than any law could ever do it. Who wants smoke weed will do it anyway. And if i choose to smoke weed, it should be my fucking right.

I knew alot of People who smoked weed and never touched any other Drug.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I don't believe in victimless crimes.  As long as what you do (or don't do) in no way violates the life,  liberty,  or property of somebody else,  I believe it should be 100% legal.

This is in no way an endorsement, btw.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

On 1/9/2016 at 5:11 PM, Overkilled said:

Should weed be legal?

Personally im on the fence 50/50, while it is a drug by itself it should be illegal I think should be legal if cigarettes and alcohol are because they're actually way more harmful than weed (im not a pothead, ive never even tried weed)

Do you think weed should be legal? PS mods please dont lock this we're not endorsing drugs, weed is becoming legal in parts of the world and US we're just discussing it.

no it should not be legal smokes already kill yous already

anyway back to your question technically it is legal if you dont flash it to everyone 

Edited by Godlygamer23
Clean up

lives on

BAKABT

1 minute ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

anyway back to your question technically it is legal if you dont flash it to everyone 

Yeah that thinking really doesn't work.

5 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

no it should not be legal smokes already kill yous already

Cigarettes are more dangerous than weed...

What makes someone else think they can dictate another person's life and habits? I really want the answer to this, and no one against legalizing weed can answer  it (at least logically). If someone can smoke, drink, abort, own guns or whatnot, why can't someone have a little weed? Smoking, drinking and driving harms more people than weed, and yet they remain perfectly legal...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4 minutes ago, Albatross said:

It's a tricky place, I personally dont think the gov has the right to dictate what you can or cannot put in your body; however, you do not have the right to force that choice on others.

Here's the example that I struggle with; a person does not have the power to control the second hand effects on others. So if you have a legal adult who chooses to smoke a little weed on the weekend, I have no issues. It does become stickier when you include a child into the mix. That same adult does not have the right to force their decision of substance use on the child. Therefore, in the event when their or unwilling parties present, the use of the substance (at least in smoking form) has to become illegal. 

Same logic was used for banning cigarettes in public places. For the record, I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana, just with similar regulations that we apply to cigarettes. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I feel like it should, most people should understand it's health benefits and even how fun it is for recreational use, for states where only medical use is legal you can just go to most dispensaries and just ask "Hey what doctors will give me a medical card", and they'll tell you, basically you can go to the doctor and be like my back hurts or you have trouble sleeping and 9/10 times they'll give you a  medical card. Obviously if it became legal for recreational nation wide they'd tax the crap out of it, and that's a plus, I understand that people will still get around the fact that they could just grow there own plants or get from a dealer instead of going to a dispensary, but It's their choice because a dispensary will most definitely have stronger strains, and I feel like people will be willing to pay the extra price for that. And our government could use that money from the tax of it for hopefully the better.

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It's a tricky place, I personally dont think the gov has the right to dictate what you can or cannot put in your body; however, you do not have the right to force that choice on others.

Here's the example that I struggle with; a person does not have the power to control the second hand effects on others. So if you have a legal adult who chooses to smoke a little weed on the weekend, I have no issues. It does become stickier when you include a child into the mix. That same adult does not have the right to force their decision of substance use on the child. Therefore, in the event when their or unwilling parties present, the use of the substance (at least in smoking form) has to become illegal. 

Same logic was used for banning cigarettes in public places. For the record, I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana, just with similar regulations that we apply to cigarettes. 

True, true. It just makes no sense that weed isn't legal but cigs are, which are smoked around people all the time. Regulate it like what has happened with cigarettes, and then everyone is happy (or should be).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

True, true. It just makes no sense that weed isn't legal but cigs are, which are smoked around people all the time. Regulate it like what has happened with cigarettes, and then everyone is happy (or should be).

Does it make any sense that I'm against both? :P I've seen pot ruin a few friends lives and it's really turned me off from it. Same can be sad for cigarettes.

That said, I don't think people that smoke weed should be harshly punished. I don't consider them criminals or anything.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Does it make any sense that I'm against both? :P I've seen pot ruin a few friends lives and it's really turned me off from it. Same can be sad for cigarettes.

That said, I don't think people that smoke weed should be harshly punished. I don't consider them criminals or anything.

But then your argument really becomes "you dont have the right to screw up your own life" and where does that logic end? Can I drink a 30oz soda? Can I buy girl scout cookies by the case? Can I make the decision to spend all of my paycheck every month instead of saving some for a rainy day?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

But then your argument really becomes "you dont have the right to screw up your own life" and where does that logic end? Can I drink a 30oz soda? Can I buy girl scout cookies by the case? Can I make the decision to spend all of my paycheck every month instead of saving some for a rainy day?

Hmm. That's fair.

I personally would feel comfortable rating a weed brownie but probably not actually smoking it...

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

If it ruined someone's life that's infact their fault and their fault only and it definitely wasn't related to weed, if they screwed off when they were younger and stuff that's there bad, and shouldn't blame it on weed.

Now if your talking about they got arrested over it that's an entirely different subject, because I can understand how that can ruin someones life to get arrested, but then again most charges with paraphernalia or just charged with the possession of marijuana are just misdemeanor's and shouldn't entirely ruin someone's life.

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

It is understandable being against both. People can abuse just about everything, but you have to think about the people who don't and then if it is okay to prevent people from doing anything with their bodies regardless of what it could do to them. I mean that's the beautiful and deadly part about freedom—you decide, not someone else. I know that there are millions of people weed could really help but cannot access it, yet Joe can smoke a carton of cigs right next to you or drink himself so thoroughly into hell that he crashes into you and kills you and your family.

Its a very healthy plant, so yes.

Cigarettes are worse then weed

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)