CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores

GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine

Memory: GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive: Built-in

Optical Drive: (read only)

BD 6xCAV

DVD 8xCAV

I/O: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX

Communication :Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)

IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)

AV output: HDMI

Analog-AV out

Digital Output (optical)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-4-DualShock-4-and-PS4-Eye-Get-Full-Official-Specifications-331313.shtml

I'm thoroughly enjoying my PC at the moment and I have the most epic mini-ITX system in the works so, not for me.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Built in HDD?

Hush V1 (June 2021 - Present): 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 || CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D15s || MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 Tomahawk || GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 Strix OC 10GB || RAM: 2x8GB G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL16 || STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX500 2TB || PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W Platinum || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify 2

Peripherals:

ASUS PG27UQ Acer VG240Y Pbiip HP 23F

Razer Naga Pro ← Logitech G602 ← Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 ← Corsair M90 ← Logitech MX518

BM60EC_RGB [NK Cream] ↔ Nullbits Nibble 65 [NK Cream] ← Ducky Zero [Cherry MX Red]

Audioengine A2 / Rode VideoMicroPlantronics GameCom 780

PCPartpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/teofsean/

Single-chip custom processor CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar"' date=' 8 cores GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine Memory: GDDR5 8GB Hard Disk Drive: Built-in Optical Drive: (read only) BD 6xCAV DVD 8xCAV I/O: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX Communication :Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR) AV output: HDMI Analog-AV out Digital Output (optical) [url']http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-4-DualShock-4-and-PS4-Eye-Get-Full-Official-Specifications-331313.shtml

So, that's why AMD decided to delay up to Q4 the release of their next gen GPU's. To release it simultaneously or a month before the release of the PS4 and too ensure the compatibility between it's graphics card in the next gen console. This are just my thoughts, though.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Analog video still? What a shame.
That's to be expected. Its still needed to appeal to people who don't have HDTVs, and yeah, there are people out there who don't. mainly users of consoles :P

Old shit no one cares about but me.

hehehe, Jaguar Cores.

You mean the CPUs that AMD is supposed to put out to compete with ATOM? Are you kidding me? Next generation console? The PS3's Cell processor is almost as powerful at max theoretical power, really close.

I = dissapoint.

Analog video for people in countries that dont have as much money or just dont have HDTV jet.... And about the GPU it will prob be around the 7850 because that also around those numbers of TFLOPS... Pretty decent but prob outdated soon again... But thats also to be expected but games can really optimize for one platform as with PS3 it can be around for some years :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Analog video for people in countries that dont have as much money or just dont have HDTV jet.... And about the GPU it will prob be around the 7850 because that also around those numbers of TFLOPS... Pretty decent but prob outdated soon again... But thats also to be expected but games can really optimize for one platform as with PS3 it can be around for some years :)
I thought the ps3 had an IGP....
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The only console I am looking forward to is the Steam Box.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

Every console has an IGP if you think about it :P

But the GPU in the PS3 was originally seperate, I think they have moved the gpu and cpu to the same chip in the newer PS3s, but I'm not sure.

The console these days is really moving away from just gaming, all forms of content, movies, games, stream, pictures, music. Is what people are starting to expect. So the fact that its a x86 style CPU is a really good step for Sony, because the only thing that made a difference between the last gen console and a HTPC is the CPU arch. now that its the same. Which is good for us PC gamer. It should mean better and more ports to PC from top console titles. and on top of that its good for sony, if they do this. allow others to built apps for it, because building a good media app or picture app for whatever for a PC will now be easily ported to the PS4. also, not to mention ps4 emulators? will be so much easier to make, console and PC will eventually be one in the same, which will only do one thing, make PC gaming better.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

The console these days is really moving away from just gaming, all forms of content, movies, games, stream, pictures, music. Is what people are starting to expect. So the fact that its a x86 style CPU is a really good step for Sony, because the only thing that made a difference between the last gen console and a HTPC is the CPU arch. now that its the same. Which is good for us PC gamer. It should mean better and more ports to PC from top console titles. and on top of that its good for sony, if they do this. allow others to built apps for it, because building a good media app or picture app for whatever for a PC will now be easily ported to the PS4. also, not to mention ps4 emulators? will be so much easier to make, console and PC will eventually be one in the same, which will only do one thing, make PC gaming better.
Its good they move to x86, but I'm still facepalming at jaguar.

I'm disappointed that they didn't include an SSD instead of a "built in harddrive".

I know that they are trying to keep the costs of the machine at a minimum, but an SSD would speed up the machine by a significant margin compared to a HDD.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

I'm disappointed that they didn't include an SSD instead of a "built in harddrive".

I know that they are trying to keep the costs of the machine at a minimum, but an SSD would speed up the machine by a significant margin compared to a HDD.

Its all about the cost for the consumer, its already going to be pretty expensive and having the SSD will boast up the price a lot.... You also wont be able to hold a lot of your game data on a small SSD...

at the minimun and hybrid

Erm, I'm confused. These new specs mean absolutely nothing unless the graphics that are produced are higher quality. Is it still going to be 720p @ 30hz? If so then whats the point in this new machine? o.O

Erm, I'm confused. These new specs mean absolutely nothing unless the graphics that are produced are higher quality. Is it still going to be 720p @ 30hz? If so then whats the point in this new machine? o.O
720P? Most PS3 games that I have played are 1080P and run at 60 fps.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

@fishy most if not all are upscaled from 720 to 1080i, I would not be surprised if there are no native 1080 games atm

no, most games on the ps3 are rendered at 480p then scaled up to 720p

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Bad Company 2 is one of the only games on the current gen consoles that was actually shipped at 720p, not just scaled up to it.

Didn't the Atari Jaguar have issues? Hopefully Sony's chip won't be plagued with any issues, lol.

Anyway, stupid jokes aside, I think Sony is making a good move into the next generation by switching to the x86 architecture and including 8GB of shared GDDR5 RAM. I'm surprised that they're still using the 2.1 Bluetooth standard when we're up to 4.0 (I think). I think moving things to 4.0 would help with battery life on the PS4 controllers, although I use PS3 controllers for some PC games (Dark Souls mainly) and the battery life there is good enough if I remember to recharge regularly. I also like some of the other changes Sony is bringing to their ecosystem, such as being able to have downloads in the background, being able to play games as you download them, and being able to easily share your gameplay footage. It's also good to see that the "no used games" scare isn't an issue (yet, it'll still happen when they drop physical media for distribution), however I've read some articles that suggest it still won't be as clean as used games have been on previous consoles.

SSD's don't make a huge difference in gaming. Everything is stored in the RAM anyway. 8GB of GDDR5 should do it.

SSD's don't make nearly any difference at all in gaming. However, loading times would decrease by tons and tons. Especially when loading the Playstation OS. (Don't know the name of it).

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

If the price is good deal i would get one for playing blue ray disc and some games play well on a consol / controller, however most games and stuff i always prefer PC.

got to love Asus components