Hate for Razer

Savir

I've felt and compared the Razer Deathadder Chroma to other mice, and I just can't get my mind off it. But when I ask for an opinion on forums I start a war over how Razer sucks. Any other recommendations for a similar mouse for $70? Is Razer really that bad? 

The mice are.. decent, they just seem to break or malfunction relatively quickly. But I have not heard a whole lot of very good stuff about other mice companies though and cant speak from experience because I'm using a 13 year old mouse.

What I can say about their keyboards though is that I think they (at least the Blackwidow) feels really cheap to type on, as in the key switches dont feel very high quality.

Dont even want to get close to the Deathstalker, because I hate chicklet keyboards

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Mouse will NOT last past the warranty most of the times. My reasoning? I own one with an iffy sensor that started acting up after the warranty ended.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Mionix Castor eats Razer in that price range

Coming from someone who owns/owned 4 Razer products, they aren't horrible but the competition is just way better

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Have you taken a look at steelseries? They make some nice products.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I've felt and compared the Razer Deathadder Chroma to other mice, and I just can't get my mind off it. But when I ask for an opinion on forums I start a war over how Razer sucks. Any other recommendations for a similar mouse for $70? Is Razer really that bad? 

it has a good sensor apparantley...

but then again so do zowie..

Have you taken a look at steelseries? They make some nice products.

Some mice I compared were the rival 300 and logitech G502. G502 has too many buttons for me but I really like steel series's mice. I'm still thinking 

zowie = sensor king

i would get the zowie for this

both are good mice however.

people on this forum see razer and they hate...

Which specific model do you recommend?

Some mice I compared were the rival 300 and logitech G502. G502 has too many buttons for me but I really like steel series's mice. I'm still thinking 

I have the Rival 300 (the glossy white model) and I'm pretty happy with it. If you can't find a Zowie EC1-A, it's a great alternative.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Which specific model do you recommend?

hand size? from end of rist (where your hand starts) to the tip of your middle finger

do you like ergonomic or ambidextorous mice?

+1 for Zowie mice.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

People don't like Razer because:
1) They have had quality issues in the past.
2) They add gimmicks like leds and other bs like claiming their soundbar can magically offer actual surround sound.
3) They do charge a hefty "brand tax" making you pay for your cool points.
4) The products require you to connect to the internet and log in to your settings via a downloaded and installed app to import/edit your settings which IS NOT true plug and play and it would be so f**king easy to just have the settings saved locally on the devices.
5) They are popular and everything popular gets hate, especially considering most of the "leet gaming club" is pure cancer.

I agree with ALL of those points, but I still use Razer because:
1) They have good warranties on their products.
2) For every stupid gimmick they have they have an actual useful feature like the macro keys on their mmo mice/keyboards.
3) While the driver does have some bs features it also:
   a) Has one central driver to easily manage all your peripherals (assuming they are all razer products).
   B) Backs up all your settings to the cloud so if you lose your device/it breaks you can buy a new one and just import your settings.

c) The drivers are well made with all the options you can ask for including offline mode.
4) I can't find any other company that offers everything I want across a mouse, keyboard, headset, and soon webcam. While you could just mix and match and probably not get any compatibility issues and just deal with multiple drivers that would probably work fine from multiple companies that hopefully have all the settings you want... I find that to be a real pain in the ass and with no guarantee everything will continue to play nice in the future when you upgrade components as new tech becomes available.

smh

Is that even an issue? One of the "gimmicks" I was talking about is dpi. People seem to think more dpis = more accurate mouse movement but that is not the case at all. Dpi is simply how far your mouse moves on your screen per how far you drag it. While there is a "sweet spot" that differs based on the size of your monitor even cheapo mice can offer that level of dpi sensing and the only reason you will need a 16billion zillion infinite trillion dpi mouse is if you have a home theater the size of an actual imax screen.

(For the record megapixels are also bullshit, monitor response time doesn't mean what you think it means, and green m&ms don't make you horny)

Is that even an issue? One of the "gimmicks" I was talking about is dpi. People seem to think more dpis = more accurate mouse movement but that is not the case at all. Dpi is simply how far your mouse moves on your screen per how far you drag it. While there is a "sweet spot" that differs based on the size of your monitor even cheapo mice can offer that level of dpi sensing and the only reason you will need a 16billion zillion infinite trillion dpi mouse is if you have a home theater the size of an actual imax screen.

(For the record megapixels are also bullshit, monitor response time doesn't mean what you think it means, and green m&ms don't make you horny)

?

Neither have i read your post, nor quoted you.

hnFd0DW.jpg

?

Neither have i read your post, nor quoted you.

hnFd0DW.jpg

Quoting to respond only quotes the most recent reply in the chain which has evidently caused confusion. What I was trying to say was that Zowie having super duper sensors (true or not, I do not know as I have never owned one) is not even relevant.

(I was agreeing with you)

Yeah Razer makes some decent product, but after buying a couple keyboards and mice from them, I've found they are really over priced.

Don't trust me with sharp things.

If you play csgo then you should not go with steelseries, razer deathadder is amazing for csgo

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

If you play csgo then you should not go with steelseries, razer deathadder is amazing for csgo

How dafuq did you come up with this? Back up your claim, please.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds