Google Spreadsheets count all green colored cells

minibois

I have a collection spreadsheet and when I have something, I want to color a cell for it green (I will do this manually). How can I make it so all green cells will be counted up? (But only the green cells in a couple of the columns, not all)

All the ways I found online were using code, which Google seems to have removed (in favor for add ons, which have not helped me too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, there's no built-in function for that.

Why are you colouring the cells green? Depending on the condition (numeric, truth value, etc) that you use, you might be able to convert that to a built-in data type, which would enable you to count them. You would also be able to use that condition in conditional formatting to automate the coloring process.

For example, I have a few sheets for gathering items in various games. I track the quantity that I possess and the quantity that I need. The conditions I have set are:

• If quantity possessed = 0, colour the cell red
  • If quantity possessed >= quantity needed, colour the cell green
  • If quantity possessed = something else, colour the cell yellow

This allows me to see the individual item progress with the colours, but I can also use the values involved to calculate my overall progress.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Well, there's no built-in function for that.

Why are you colouring the cells green? Depending on the condition (numeric, truth value, etc) that you use, you might be able to convert that to a built-in data type, which would enable you to count them. You would also be able to use that condition in conditional formatting to automate the coloring process.

For example, I have a few sheets for gathering items in various games. I track the quantity that I possess and the quantity that I need. The conditions I have set are:

• If quantity possessed = 0, colour the cell red
  • If quantity possessed >= quantity needed, colour the cell green
  • If quantity possessed = something else, colour the cell yellow

This allows me to see the individual item progress with the colours, but I can also use the values involved to calculate my overall progress.

I wanted my system kinda like this:

gallery_73344_3516_56490.png

So if I had a Pokemon card (that's what this spreadsheet is for) I could color a cell green and it would count up. But what I just realized I could do is just place a 1 in that cell (either in black font color or the same green if I didn't want to see it) and sum this whole column (along with the others) so I could easily have this achieved :/

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wanted my system kinda like this:

gallery_73344_3516_56490.png

So if I had a Pokemon card (that's what this spreadsheet is for) I could color a cell green and it would count up. But what I just realized I could do is just place a 1 in that cell (either in black font color or the same green if I didn't want to see it) and sum this whole column (along with the others) so I could easily have this achieved :/

What I would do is put conditional formatting on the entire column to colour the cell and text green if it has a value of 1. However, this is a bit of bad practice, because the sheet will only be legible to you. To anyone else, you'll always have to explain it. What I tend to do with inventories like this is have a separate column for "Owned", which will either be a simple "yes/no" or a quantity. Also, colouring here is mostly going to be for appearances rather than utility, since you could just turn on filters and filter the whole thing based on any of the columns.

As a sidenote, I would recommend resizing the columns to fit the data, which you can do automatically. Saves a bit of space and makes things look neater. Whenever you're adding extra formatting to your sheet, it should be meaningful.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

What I would do is put conditional formatting on the entire column to colour the cell and text green if it has a value of 1. However, this is a bit of bad practice, because the sheet will only be legible to you. To anyone else, you'll always have to explain it. What I tend to do with inventories like this is have a separate column for "Owned", which will either be a simple "yes/no" or a quantity. Also, colouring here is mostly going to be for appearances rather than utility, since you could just turn on filters and filter the whole thing based on any of the columns.

As a sidenote, I would recommend resizing the columns to fit the data, which you can do automatically. Saves a bit of space and makes things look neater.

Oh yeah, that's smart. Make the conditional formatting make the cell green if it has a 1 in it. Good idea.

And I will make like a readme sheet with the way my sheet works for myself and if others want to use the same system

Oh yeah, that's smart. Make the conditional formatting make the cell green if it has a 1 in it. Good idea.

And I will make like a readme sheet with the way my sheet works for myself and if others want to use the same system

You don't necessarily need to do that. Depending on the complexity, adding notes to cells in the first two rows might suffice.